BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MONDAY.....JULY 16 th
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: MONDAY.....JULY 16 th Reply with quote

GOD MORNING FRIENDS........So I want to hear about everyone's day yesterday. Seems like everyone was busy doing something...not being a smart butt or anything, but the only one who stopped by long enough to say hello was Melissa. I lnow everyone except for me probably has a life other than the computer...so I apoligize. My day was not anything to write home about. Got up very early and straightened up the house and my dad called and said he had been invited out for lunch after church, so not to expect him at his usual time, but jokingly said he'd stop by for dessert. So I thought I'd surprise him with brownies and coffee. We had a nice visit with him. He talks about Mom and I feel so bad that he has to go back to thier house and it must be very lonely for him.....I really don't know how he does it! The rest of the day was on and off the computer...I wanted to add a few things to my Myspace, but it's acting up again and wouldn't let me save anything! Hopefully that TOM guy will happen to see it's not working and get it fixed! Jim went over to his parents without me....I didn't feel like going. Jim's Mom said to him ...is Debbie ok, she's not depresses or anything...you know when a person loses someone they love, they get depressed...you beter keep an eye out on her and make sure. So Now I need to call her and tell her I'm fine, not to worry about me! Jim and I then cat napped off and on the rest of the day and I did manage to mustard enough energy to fix us a few Chicken Quesdaallias (sp?) and they were pretty good. I went to bed at a little after one and Jim had went to bed at mid-nite and what I didn't realize is that he had shut the bedroom door to keep the light from the office out of his eyes so he could sleep and when I went to bed I walked right smack into the door. My eyes weren't use to the dark yet and I hadn't focused! OUCH!!
Now it's 4:05 and as you can tell...I can't sleep. I've been up since 3:30 and when I get finished here I guess I'll try to go back to bed. I've been doing really good here the past several days...not waking up until almost daybreak...5:30 and on! I don't know what I have on the agenda for my day today..too early to tell. I don't even know what I'm going to have for dinner tonite. I do know I need to get some recipes summitted, because today is the slow-cooker day and I want to try and win that! Well, I guess it's back to bed, I'll check in later this morning and see if anyone is up yet! Take care and HUGS to all.....Debbie Very Happy

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Debbie and all who follow. I didn't do anything at all yesterday except read and watch a little TV. So just didn't have anything to report on...not that I have that much any other time.

Debbie - sorry that you couldn't sleep last night...I know what that's like. I need to do some updating to MySpace but just haven't figured out what I want to do.

I had better go finish getting ready for work. I sure wish I didn't have to go in today. I actually went online and checked to see how much money I would have if I retired in September. I could retire, but I like the money and, of course, would take a drastic pay cut if I did. I am so tired of working!

Have a great day!

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
EC
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Debbie, Hi Sheryle!

I wanted to let everyone know that one of my best friends, Billy will be on iVillage Live today at about 12:25pm EST. He's the Executive chef for Cooking Light magazine and will be making a mahi mahi dish. iVillage Live is on NBC TV. Watch him if you can and let me know what you think!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/eric.cronwell?__a=1

http://bakespace.com/?ericmsdw2007
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Debbie,Sheryle and everyone who post after me.
I didn't get on yesterday because I was busy.One of those days that I just couldn't find time to sit down at the computer.
Today isn't such a busy day but it's not my best day.Two years ago today is when my Mom passed away.So today I'm feeling down.Yesterday at dinner Dad mentioned it and I thought he was going to cry,me too.We didn't because we didn't want to upset the girls.Sure was hard holding it back.Mom always told us not to be crying after she was gone,that isn't the way she wanted us to live our lives.We would be together again someday.She wanted us to be happy and live life to it's fullest.It's hard to do though.With the Lord's help we'll make it.

Debbie,
Sorry you had a rough night.Hopefully tonight will be a better one for you.
It's nice you have a MIL that worries about you.My MIL was like that, a real caring person.She passed away almost 20 years ago and I still miss her.

Sheryle,
Sorry you have to work when you don't want to.Maybe you'll be able to retire before to long.Several of the people I talk with at school(grandparents picking up their grandkids) are retired ,some loving it some not.A few even work partime and find that ideal.I guess I be still picking up my DGD's for the next 12 years, since Katie is just going into the first grade.Boy,will I be tired by then. Rolling Eyes

The girls are up early and I told them we will go outside for a while before it gets to hot.I'd better get going.

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs,
Pat
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric,
Sorry I missed you, must have been typing when you came on.
I don't know if I can get that show or not, is it on regular tv?I don't have cable.

Have a great day.

Hugs,
Pat
Meikha
Commis Chef

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning All,
Stopped by yesterday morning but I think much too early for anyone else.
Grandson spent the night and after he got up I let ohm have the computer as long as he wanted .(He is 12) My DD and her husband and other grandson went to the golf tournament.
I don't think I can get that program on my NBC station at that time. I am on EST time but not east coast local programs.
Ah Sheryle , you will find out after you leave work you don't spend a lot of money on things you need now, like extra clothes and travel expenses. I thought many years ago I would miss it but found very quickly I love not working. Well there is always house work Nah.. .... I flip the dust cloth now and then... Ha...
Beautiful day out, not too hot so far and not too cool. Lovely summer day but we do need rain bad. Stay well all and have a great day Sandy
Meikha
Commis Chef

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat,
Sorry I missed you.
My Mom has been gone for awhile and I do think of her often but unfortunatly the last few years of her life were spent with Alzheimers so they are not happy memories. I try to remeembe the good years Hope no one ele her has to go thru that with a loved onel Horrible disease. Sandy
Motherof2Boys
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Debbie, Sheryle and Everyone else that stops by today!!!

Debbie--I kept checking in yesterday but never thought I had the time to post. What exactly do you do on Myspace? I joined earlier this year only because I have my 20 yr HS reunion(*cough cough* did I just say that) this summer and they put a group page together. But whenever I get on, I just don't get it. Am I doing something wrong?? Then I get these weird invites from these creeps and I just deny them.

Sheryle--You should think about retiring. If it hadn't been that I walked into my husbands life when I did, he was going to retire 10 yrs from then. He was going to get his 30 yrs in the State and be done with it. Now with the boys he's going to stick it out until Lukas is a Senior, which now he has 14 yrs then be done. Anyway it'd definitely be something to think about.

After starting this post around 7:30 AM, I'm still going back and forth between finishing this post and working. I really need to get this off and concentrate on my work. We did get some terrible news this morning, one of the owners wives passed away yesterday morning. They think from a heart attack. I work for a family owned New/Used Car Dealership and it's a pretty tight family, we know the entire family as they all work or worked here at one point.

I hope everybody has a good Day!!

Jennifer

http://bakespace.com/?motherof2boys
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING FRIENDS......Now there you all are....I went back to bed for a little while with another Excedrin Migraine tablet. I think the lack of sleep helped with this headache today! Tiffany just called..she's been having hard contractions since Saturday and rested all day yesterday hoping it would help BUT Mat her hubby said cal the doctor today! She did and they ask her if she went to the ER and she said no that they were an hour apart, so she's going in to the office for a check-up and dropping mylittle guys off to me! She had that problem with Blake and they gave her meds to stop the contraction, made her stop working and ALMOST complete bed-rest. So neither one of us thought too much about it..she only has contractions like that when she over does...like Saturday she cleaned and did laundry and cooked dinner for 9 people! I'm sure she'll be fine...theworse that could happen is thedoctor puts her on complete bed rest......now that would be awful when you have 2 other children!

**SHERYLE, The no sleep last nite was probably my fault, since I slept a lot off and on yesterday! I should have done like you and read my book as I'm really interested in getting started with it. Retirement....hum let's see, no I don't like it! I really miss inter-acting with friends at work and having my own organized little office space and of course the money! If I was in better condition (meaning my foot) and money was no concern...Yes it would be wonderful if Jim could retire and we could travel. I would love to see other parts of the country side, but for now I'll have to watch it on the food channel with all those cooks taveling and bringing us good food! Hope you have a good day at work!

**ERIC, I don't know if I can get that channel...I don't remember ever watching it. But I'll definitely check it out and if I can catch Billy..I 'll let ya know! Do you still want to be a friend on my Myspace...looked for your friends request over the week-end and it wasn't there. I figured you must be busy. So how was dinner Friday evening? Let us know what you thought about the food.

**PAT, Have a good time playing outside with the girls..I have a feling I'll be playing outside with my boys too! Sorry you're having a bad day missing your Mom too. Doesn't sound like time makes it much easier! Today is my baby sister's 40 th Birthday and she said she cried all day yesterday, because it is going to be the first Birthday without Mom calling her on the phone and signing Happy Birthday to her.. She use to do that with all us kids...Bless her heart!

**SANDY, Sorry no one was on yesterday when you stopped in. I didn't get on until 11 or so, BUT you're Welcome to start the days post anytime you like. Alzheimers IS a TERRIBLE desease and I'm so thankful to GOD that my Mom didn't have it and she knew all of us and knew we were there by her side telling her how much we loved her when she lay dying! Jim's grandfather had Alzheimers and I seen how bad he got over a period of 10 years. I felt so bad for Jim's Mom because she was his main care-giver....her Mom was unable to care for him. He got to where he didn't know anyonein the family. It was very hard on her.

**JENNIFER, What do I do on my MYSPACE? Well I keep up with what's going on with family and friends and I send out cute little graphics to let people know I'm thinking about them and I love to change my layouts with the holidays or seasons or just because and Have fun looking for the perfect song to add. I still need help from Tiffany down-loading pictures and I think if I could set down and have her watch me, instead of trhe other way around I could do it by now! If you want to share your addy or me mine...let me know, I figure the more friend the better. I try and touch base with all my Myspace friend at least once a week. Get back with me on it OK?

Well I had better get going as, Tiffany called and said she was on her way! I'll stop in later. Oh yea, dinner is going to be: Doctored up ground chuck patties, Scalloped Potatoes, Green Beans and Applesauce. have a good one everyone! TTYL...Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Debbie, Eric, Sheryle, Pat, Sandy, Jennifer, Debbie, Melissa and all my other great BakeSpace friends! I had a busy weekend, what is new, they are always busy. I had a great day with my sister on Saturday, she took my out to lunch for my birthday and we got in lots of good shopping, we went to a new Walmart in her town, first time I have been in one on the weekend where it was NOT crowded. She said people are not accepting the new style well and are going to stick with the other Walmart on the other side of town. Yesterday we spent with Madison and her parents, that is always fun. We decided to buy the stuff to make sandwiches, to save money, ha, it ended up costing just as much as if we had ordered out. Oh well, they were good. Now this morning, I am getting caught up on laundry before we go to the in-laws.
Debbie, sorry to hear about your not getting a good nights sleep again. I spent a lot of time walking the floor last night also. I guess I am going to have to talk to the Dr. about a stronger pain pill again. The ones I take now, just seem to be doing me no good. How is Jim's arm doing? I am glad that you and your siblings are making an effort to keep your Dad busy. I hope you didn't get a bruise from the door being shut last night.
Sheryle, my hubby is counting the days until he can retire, he still has a couple of years to go, but he hates working also. He has to do a lot of manual work in the heat and it is hard on a person as they get older and especially since he developed bad asthma a couple of years ago.
Eric, that is not on our t.v. on NBC at that time either. Sorry would like to have seen your friend.
*Pat, I know what you mean about missing your MIL, mine passed away and I loved her and miss her almost everyday. I lost my mother and step-mother also. Everyone jokes that I am the matriarch now. Sorry that you are feeling sad, but that is normal. Hope you got to enjoy some outdoor time with the girls before it got too hot.
*Sandy, welcome to our group! I know what you mean about not missing work. I wonder how did I ever get everything done when I used to work 50+ hours and raise 3 children! Now I am an empty nester and never seem to be able to keep ahead of the house work and yard work! Hubby mows the lawn, so that is a HUGE help. Seems like a lot of us here have lost our mothers. Sorry to hear that you have lost yours also. My FIL died with Alzheimers, the odd thing with him is, he never really cared for me, but the last couple of years he always knew who I was and was genuinely happy to see me every time I visited. We grew quite close, but it made me so sad to see how meanly he treated his wife and that he was so confused with her. Hopefully some day they will find a cure for this terrible affliction.
*Jennifer, like you I am posting in between laundry etc. So sorry to hear of the death of one of the owners wives. Sorry to see that you have a terrible cough too, ha ha. I think this year would be my 35th reunion!! Now that is something to make you cough/choke on!
Hope everyone has a nice cool enjoyable day.
Patti
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: