BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wed. July 18th - Hello Peeps
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Wed. July 18th - Hello Peeps Reply with quote

Good morning.. I beat you all! Smile Since most of you are on the east coast.. it's technically after midnight...

Anyhow, it seems like everyone is hanging in there and doing fine. Ronna won the Immersion blender yesterday... Smile

Here's today's prize.. You know you need a new blender...

Polycarbonate Pitcher | Custom Metallic™ Series | 5-Speed Blender
The unique pitcher shape, patented blade and powerful 0.9 horsepower motor provide fast, consistent blending that can crush a pitcher of ice within seconds. In fact, this model is the most powerful premium blender currently available. And you'll get to choose from a selection of metallic finishes.

My BakeSpace Kitchen: http://bakespace.com/?babs
Facebook: http://facebook.com/bakespace
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bakespace
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bakespace
Instagram: http://instagram.com/bakespace
Download our free app: http://bit.ly/cookbookcafe
Make your own cookbook: http://bakespace.com/cookbooks
Attend our food blogger conference: http://techmunchconf.com
EC
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babs, I knew I shoulda checked in before my early run today. I left at 4:30am, 1:30am your time. You were still up when I went pounding the streets of Hillsdale for 3 miles. Maybe Friday, that's my next very early morning run.

Anyhow, Good morning (to all us easterners, anyway, lol)! Started raining and thundering severely here about 5:45am. Still going on at 7am but sounds like it's moving on. Looks like Carter's playoff game will likely be rained out since they're calling for thundershowers all afternoon. Same for tomorrow. Oh well, at least the weekend's supposed to be beautiful so we'll probably end up playing on Friday night and then on Saturday, provided we win.

Em's making shrimp risotto tonight, yum!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/eric.cronwell?__a=1

http://bakespace.com/?ericmsdw2007
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Babette,Eric and all who post later.
We had thunderstorms late yesterday evening and into the early morning hours.Two different ones woke me up,alot of thunder and lightning.It rained just not sure how much til I go out and check the rain gauge.
Not much going on here today.

Babette,
Great prizes being given away .Congraluations to Ronna on her winning the Immersion blender.

Eric,
Glad to see someone has some early morning stamina.Thats early to go running,I can barely make it out of bed that early.I'll be thinking good thoughts for Carter on winning their game.I know how important these games are to the kids.Their smiles after winning can to light up your life.

Debbie,
Those cajun beans were a package of dried beans I got at walmart.The package said cajun beans on it.There were 15 kinds of beans in it.I didn't cook it the exact same way it called for .I just cooked them in a slow cooker on low with a ham bone .When they got almost done I added a cajun seasoning pack that was included.They might have tasted even better if I had followed their instructions.Might try them again later sometime, fixing them their way

Have a great day everyone.I'll try to come back later if I can.

Hugs,
Pat

Last edited by Kity on Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Motherof2Boys
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Babette, Eric, Pat and all my other Bakespace friends!!

School Board meeting went alright last night. They are talking about bringing back the Kindergarten teacher and shuffle the rest of the teachers. I hope it all works out, I went to school with her and have been told what a GREAT K teacher she is. I would hate for my boys to miss out on having her.

Last minute packing tonight for our weekend getaway. I've got the boys and my clothes to pack and a few other little things and I'll be done. I always seem to find more things to put in, even if we don't use half the stuff.

I better go for now, time to get to work!! Talk to you all later.

Jennifer

http://bakespace.com/?motherof2boys
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Babette, Eric, Pat, Jennifer, Debbie and all my other Bakespace friends. I got a message from Eric saying he couldn't get into the forums, hopefully whatever the problem is, it will get solved. I see the trolls are having way too much fun over at the TOH site. Between trolls and the search not working, I am wondering what is the reason to even go there anymore?? I was going to go to the farmers market today and check out some corn etc. but decided to wait until tomorrow since we will be having leftovers for dinner this evening. I was very disappointed in the Italian pretzel crumbs that I breaded the chicken with, I am so glad that I only bought one bag of it. My dinner turned out dry. Crying or Very sad Good thing hubby isn't tooooo picky!
Eric, the shrimp risotto sounds good. I got some arborio rice at the store last week, not sure what kind of risotto I will make. I can not imagine getting up that early to run, although I am sure it is much cooler than later a definite plus! Sorry that I caused the rain, every time I water my gardens, then it rains, yep I watered my gardens yesterday. This morning the ground was slightly wet so I am guessing we got a little bit of rain. I am still rooting for your sons team to do well in the playoffs.
*Pat, I would love to try some of those mixes, but it seems they always contain onions and my body does not tolerate onions well. Not much going on here either. Hope whatever you do today is something you enjoy.
*Jennifer, have fun and good weather for your weekend getaway. Last night must have been the night for meetings, I attended a zoning commission hearing. The rodeo association wants to put up a fence that will run the length of my property and along the back, that is a lot of fence so I wanted to make sure exactly what type of fence they were planning on. It will not be a solid wood fence which is what I was worried about since it is going to be 5 1/2 foot high.
*Debbie, how is you daughter feeling today?

Gotta go finish doing my hair, exciting huh. "See" you all later.
Patti
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Bakespace Friends.....It's a cloudy, gray morning here, with rain expected again this afternoon. I'm not complaing, because we really need it BUT Jim hates it because a little dampness getting into equipment on the towers brings peoples internet down and they have to climb the tower to fix it. That's why he was late getting home last nite. He did manage to make it by 8 though. He was wore out and had used his bad wrist, forgetting that he wasn't supposed to and hurt it more. So I know he's not looking forward to the rain. Tiffany probably won't be over any today. Her DH is off for the next 2 days and HE gets to do laundry all day.......doctor told her not to do it until they check her out again this coming Monday! He is very good to help around the house and really good with the boys too! His Mom is supposed to come pick up the boys sometime today and take them to church tonite and let them spend the nite.....so that will give Tiff and DH some quite, relaxing time together. I started getting into my book last nite, but not until 11; so it was almost bedtime. But when I'd wake up to go to the potty, I'd stop and read a few chapters...it's just starting to peak my interest and I'm trying to figure out what's going to happen next. So I'll do that today, add somemore recipes on Bakespace, so I can try to win the Blender and figure out something for dinner. I told Tiffany all the new recies out there I shouldn't have any trouble figuring out what to have. So someday soon, I'm going to set down and make me out a 2-week menu from all these new recipes. Tonite I'm leaning toward something quick and easy, since Jim might be working late again...it might be: Chicken Tenders and Fries!

**BABETTE, Glad you stopped in to say hello and let us know what was on the calendar to win today! You'll get a laugh from this...Here at the computer desk I have aprinted up calendar with peoples B'Days on it and I just the other day marked "X's" on days that I want to win KA appliance....so it looks something like this; today for example; 18-X-B (B for blender) Jim says hey Babe what does X-B mean. I said where do you see that....on the calendar, so I had to explain it to him. That's how I keep track of the days I'll be excited to win!

**ERIC, That's a good time of day to jog..at least it's not hot...maybe humid ! Did you get caught in the rain? I neer did like to jog..even as a kid, but I sure do miss being able to take a nice walk in the evening. Jim usedto take our Pit a walk every evening and on week-ends several times a day. they both loved it. then one day when he was walking him, the cops stopped him and told him according to city ordiance, he had to have him muzzeled and a harnes collar on him instead of what he did have. If he seen him out walking the dog without these things..a ticket would be issued. Jim told me Kujo almost got a ticketand was mad because that same police officer had been seeing Jim walk our dog for at least a year or so. I told him, maybe he had some people complain about a Pit being in the area. My Mom was like that..she hated Pit Bulls and never even gave our little pup a chance to get to know her. I told her you can't judge a dog, by all the bad stuff you hear...Heck a poodle could bite you too! Oh well, enough on that..I kinda got off the topic of your run didnt I? Hope you have a good day at work.

**PAT, Yea you get to use your rain gauge! Thanlks for letting me know about the Cajun Beans. I'll have to check out our Wal-Mart for them....I think that is someting we might like to try.

***RONNA, If you stop in here...I just wanted to say "CONGRATULATIONS" on winning the KA Immersion Blender!

**JENNIFER, Glad the school meetings are making some head and making the decision to bring back a good KG teacher. that will be wondeful if your boys can get her. Now remember NOT to over pack...after all it's just for a few days! Hope you have fun and stay safe! TTY when you get back.

**PATTI, I went over to TOH last nite for a few minutes and like you mentioned, between the search not working and Reamin not getting back with people's request and NOW the nasty TROLL...I feel bad for the people over there. Trolls and bad lanuage was the reason I stopped going to Kitchen Chat completely! So Eric had trouble getting in today huh? I haven't today, but I did yesterday..it was running really slow. That's too bad about the pretzel crumbs...it sure did sound like it was going to be good. Well at least we know now..thanks for giving us the update on it.

I guess I'm going to go make the bed and do a few litlte things before I set down and summit some recipes. You ALL have a GREAT day and pass on one of those beautiful smiles of yours! Take care and HUGS....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Meikha
Commis Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ello all,
Hello All,
I am so glad you all have let me join you even if I don't make it each day. I am so afraid that our beloved BB will fold up. The horrible troll who is using such foul language may be the one to do it.
Got a little rain yesterday evening. but not enought o get rid of the drought we have had. Still so dry. Keeping fingers crossed to maybe get a good drencher today.
I got up early today and went early to get my hair cut. oh boy did I look like a shaggy dog. Or whaever. . Still trying to figue out where to look up all these new recipes. I'll learn it eventually. have a great day all. Sandy
lissah
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Everyone!

Today has pretty much been a write off for me Sad I wanted to get so much done, but woke up with another nasty headache this morning and stayed in bed until just a few minutes ago (it's about 1pm now!!) trying to fight it off. Usually a couple of advil and a nap are enough to at least calm it, but didn't seem to help today!

I just took a look at the TOH board...I signed up for it a while back but never really looked around a whole lot...and you girls are right! It's horrible!! How does TOH let all this happen? I belonged to another BB (a destination wedding one) and it got attacked by trolls and within a week the owner of the BB had found out all of the trolls' IP addresses, contacted their local police departments, and had them all threatened with legal action if they continued. It's really not that hard to do if you really cared about your BB and what's going on on it - it's horrible that innocent people who just want to enjoy their time on the BB and chat with their friends are ending up leaving because of a bunch of idiots! Ok...my vent is down now Razz

*Meikha - we're in need of a good downpour here too, my lawn and garden look horrible (and it doesn't help that we have a watering ban on)! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

*Debbie - which book are you reading? I'm sure you mentioned it before but it's slipped my mind! I'm a total bookworm, I always have a book on the go! Right now I'm reading Running Blind by Lee Child, my mom recommended it to me and I can't put it down! Really good if you like murder mystery type books. It's so nice to hear that TIff's DH is so good around the house - I hope she gets all the rest she needs!

*Patti - sorry to hear that your dinner didn't turn out! I hate getting excited about a meal and having it not turn out on me! DH would eat anything though, so I normally just leave it all for him and I'll throw together a salad Razz

*Jennifer - I hope you have a great trip this weekend! I used to overpack as well, but I learned my lesson the last time I went to Mexico! We were going for 2 weeks, as well as to get married, so I had a TON of stuff (most of it I didn't even need!!) and ended up paying over $300 in overweight charges! Ouch!

*Pat - send some of that rain this way!! Goodness knows we need it!!

*Eric - do you run often? I'm sooo not a runner! I love to walk, bike, whatever, but running is just not in my genes Razz Sorry to hear about Carter's game possibly being rained out! That sucks, especially during playoffs when everyone's the most looking forward to the games!! Send some of your rain this way too Razz

*Babs - I'm still waiting on that food processor Razz

Well I better get off of here and try to get a few things done before DH comes home! And if I don't get back on here before I leave for CT tomorrow I hope you all have a great weekend and I'll see you all on Tuesday!

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Afternoon....I just got finished summitting some recipes, I still have a few more to do, but i ned to take a break away from this puter for awile.....I did however want to check in with eveyone again before I left foe an hour or so

**SANDY, I just today sent you out an invite to join me in my kitchen. I'm sorry I thought I had already done that. Anyway be looking for that! Also I just sent you a message concerning you question on todays post about ...How to find a recipe. Hope it helps..sometimes I can get long winded and get off track. Let me know if it helped if NOT we'll get Babette to help you...she's very good to do that! You mentioned needing rain and your area was geting ready to get some...do you live on the EAST Coast too? I live in West Virginia and we have been so dry all summer....here lately we have been getting some rain, but not enough!

**MELISSA, You need to get you a bottle of EXCEDRIN for MIGRAINS. I tell you what I have bben having terible headaches and someone told me about those and now I won't go without them...they really work and pretty quickly too. I hardly ever go over to the TOH board, maybe 2 or 3 times a week. The Recipe section of the TOH board use to be really nice, but the rols have found thier way over there and it makes it not worth fighting for time to post or read posts. I'm so much happier here and alot of the friends here in the Pantry are from that board! I'm reading HUSBAND by Dean Koontz. It of course s a thriller and I'm champing at the bits to go and read it some more. I like to read, it just has to be very quite and alot of the times Tiffany and the boys are here and I also have to be in the mood to read. I read alot of different kinds of books...my MOm got me intereted in Nora Roberts writing, so I have alot of her books and Janet Evanvich for the humor side of life.....just depends. Your trip to Mexico sounded wondeful and to get married there. So how long have you been married? My hubby and I have been married 25 yrs. this coming March...he is difinitely my soul-mate sent to me from God....I love him so! MUSH MUSH sorry! Does the CT stand for Connecticut or a province in Canada? Hope you have a good time where-ever it is and be safe. TTY Tuesday!

**SHERYLE, Are you OK or are you busy with other interests... just thinking about you! Keep in touch once in awhile...so we don't worry about you! Very Happy

I'm off here for a while...gonna go read! I'l check back in after dinner. HUGS to ALL......Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
lissah
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkeybusiness wrote:

**MELISSA, You need to get you a bottle of EXCEDRIN for MIGRAINS. I tell you what I have bben having terible headaches and someone told me about those and now I won't go without them...they really work and pretty quickly too. I hardly ever go over to the TOH board, maybe 2 or 3 times a week. The Recipe section of the TOH board use to be really nice, but the rols have found thier way over there and it makes it not worth fighting for time to post or read posts. I'm so much happier here and alot of the friends here in the Pantry are from that board! I'm reading HUSBAND by Dean Koontz. It of course s a thriller and I'm champing at the bits to go and read it some more. I like to read, it just has to be very quite and alot of the times Tiffany and the boys are here and I also have to be in the mood to read. I read alot of different kinds of books...my MOm got me intereted in Nora Roberts writing, so I have alot of her books and Janet Evanvich for the humor side of life.....just depends. Your trip to Mexico sounded wondeful and to get married there. So how long have you been married? My hubby and I have been married 25 yrs. this coming March...he is difinitely my soul-mate sent to me from God....I love him so! MUSH MUSH sorry! Does the CT stand for Connecticut or a province in Canada? Hope you have a good time where-ever it is and be safe. TTY Tuesday!

DH & I got married March 27th of this year Smile It was so beautiful! We had 41 people come along with us - it was just awesome!!

I love Nora Roberts - I just finished reading Angels Fall, I really enjoyed that one Smile

CT = Connecticut...we try to get down there as much as we can (it's where my mom's from and we still have family there).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: