BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wed. July 18th - Hello Peeps
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EC
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat,

Thanks for the well wishes for Carter! Theyíre officially rained out to night and itís rescheduled for tomorrow night at 8pm. Keep in mind, I donít run THAT early every day!

Patti,

Thanks for letting the folks know I couldnít get in. Not sure what the problem was but all good now. This will be the first time Em makes the shrimp risotto. If it comes out well, want the recipe for your Arborio? And itís ok you caused it to rain. My run was done by the time it started by me about 6am!! Thanks for rooting for Carterís team Ė tomorrow night at 8pm. Send positive vibes eastward!

Debbie,

Yes, much cooler at that time in the morning. I only run that early on Wednesdays and Fridays because Em wakes up at 4:00am for this really early spin class at her gym that she likes. I canít ever get back to sleep! I wish you were healthy enough to get back to your walks. Is it possible that you will be, ever?

Melissa,

I run 6 days a week. Mondayís off. Tuesdays and Thursdays at about 6am, Wed and Fri at 4:15am, since my wife wakes up early those days. Saturday and Sunday I usually am out there anywhere between 7:30am and 8:30am, depending on the partying level of the night before, lol! Bikingís great too but I havenít been on mine since getting a flat back in May and being too lazy to fix it! You guys need rain? Is it a drought situation near you? For one of the few summers, we are in decent shape with the reseviors.

Hope everyone has a great evening!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/eric.cronwell?__a=1

http://bakespace.com/?ericmsdw2007
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon everyone. Just a quick post....not much going on worth mentioning. As Mom used to say, "if you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all." Hopefully that gives you clue as to how my week has been going. By the time I get home, I feel like I've been released from prison and am tired, cranky and out of sorts...a real hag. I just haven't had the energy to post. None of you need to have to listen to me. Smile I have been keeping up with all of you, reading all of your posts.

I have to agree with you all about TOH BB. I wonder if they are going to have to shut it down for a few days to get rid of all of the trolls posts. I'm so happy that this is a moderated forum!

I had better go and, if I can make it to Friday, hope to be able to post more often. Two more days and I'm free! I hope you all have a wonderful evening.

Grumpy and grumbling as I sign off for the night. Smile

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkeybusiness that's hilarious... Smile I'm glad you're watching the prizes... Smile FYI... tomorrow is the blender again too.... Smile

Just got confirmation that we're going to be on the KTLA morning show (syndicated in 150 markets next monday....) this is HUGE for us. Smile Just in time for our last week of our giveaway... Oh yeah! If you have Kurt the Cyberguy in your area... let me know.
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD EVENING EVERYONE.....Jim made it home before too late and we just finished up dinner, so I thought I'd stop in and see who else stopped in today! I added somemore recipes today and by adding all these recipes and reliving when I used to make them BEFORE I got lazy as gotten me excited to really start cooking again. So Sometime this week, I'm going to set down and write up a 2-week menu using recipes I summitted or ones I found from others that I think sound good and there's alot of them too! Then I won't have to wonder...What am I going to have for dinner? I got off the computer this afternoon about 3 and went out in the living room, sat in the recliner to read and the darn sun was shining right in my eyes...I got about 4 pages read, when I decided to take a nap instead...slept for an hour. I must have needed it though, because I woke up very prety sprie!

**MELISSA, WOW girl.....you're a newly wed lady! CONGRATULATIONS! How romantic and I must say you and you hubby make a cute couple! How's the headache? Hope it's eased up some. IWhen my Mom passed away in March, my Dad gave me most of my Moms books..... mostly Nora Roberts and Angel falls was one of them....I haven't read it yet! So does your Mom still live in CT with the rest of your family? How far from CT do you live in Canada? Close enough, you can visit often!

**ERIC, Keeping good winning thoughts coming for Carter and his team tomorrow! You ask if I'd ever be able to take walks. NO! I had polio when I was 2 yrs. old and it settled in the muscle of my right leg and foot. I was in and out of the hospital from then on until I was about 14. The doctors got me to where I could walk, but not as well as the other kids. Now that I'm over 50, most polio victims get what is called Post Polio Syndrome (PPS) It slowly wears away your muscles in the area where you originally had the polio and you are rendered with NO use of that area. I have over the past 7 yrs. seen my ability to walk, going away until now I have to use an electric cart to do any kind of shopping and here at home I'm almost to the point of needing one here. At least at home I can set down we I need to. Setting too long isn't good for me either...makes my foot lock up and I can't move it! But hey..I'm a happy person! Sorry to ramble! Hey I put on a recipe for Steaks and a Creole sauce you might find intersting.

***SHERYLE, So glad you check in. My grandmother use to tell us kids that very same thing..."If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all." But still try and let us know your ok once in a while...no one has any more boring life than me....no I Shouldn't say that, I have alot to be thankful and grandsons that keep me feeling young!

**BABETTE, Glad you liked my way of keeping track of the prizes! This week the Blender and next week the Slow Cooker for sure! Hope I don't run out of recipes before that! LOL I wonder how many new recipes have been summitted since this KA promotion started? Antway to tell? Congratulations on getting a spot on a Morning show. I've never heard of Kurt the cyber-guy.

Well to all that have stopped in today....I wish you all a good nites rest and I'll chat with you tomorrow. I'm going to go read, so Jim can have the computer for a while. My BIL called at dinner time nd told him about something for sale on EBay for the motorcycle. Til morning....HUGS...Debbie Smile

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
lissah
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkeybusiness wrote:

**MELISSA, WOW girl.....you're a newly wed lady! CONGRATULATIONS! How romantic and I must say you and you hubby make a cute couple! How's the headache? Hope it's eased up some. IWhen my Mom passed away in March, my Dad gave me most of my Moms books..... mostly Nora Roberts and Angel falls was one of them....I haven't read it yet! So does your Mom still live in CT with the rest of your family? How far from CT do you live in Canada? Close enough, you can visit often!

aw thanks debbie! hehe
the headache has eased up some...thank goodness!
my mom lives in canada now, her family moved back from ct when she was quite young, but we still have some aunts, uncles and cousins down there. it's only about a 10 hour drive, not too bad!

Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we've had 2000 new recipes added... I can check though.. and over 2000 members... You guys should email me (privately so we don't spoil the fun) about what you want to win next time.. what types of products would make your offline lives better?
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Babette......that's really very good and I think there's like over 4 to 5 thousand new members since this started....didn't we have something like in the area of 4or 5 thousand before this KA give-a-way? AWESOME job BABETE..you go girl! Take care , Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkeybusiness wrote:
Hi Babette......that's really very good and I think there's like over 4 to 5 thousand new members since this started....didn't we have something like in the area of 4or 5 thousand before this KA give-a-way? AWESOME job BABETE..you go girl! Take care , Debbie

We were close to 10,000 just before the promotion started and I think after next Monday's super media hit (Kurt the Cyber Guy) I think we'll be up to at least 15,000 by the end of the month... it's so exciting! We have 12132 members... it's insane! (And very rewarding...)
EC
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:
monkeybusiness that's hilarious... Smile I'm glad you're watching the prizes... Smile FYI... tomorrow is the blender again too.... Smile

Just got confirmation that we're going to be on the KTLA morning show (syndicated in 150 markets next monday....) this is HUGE for us. Smile Just in time for our last week of our giveaway... Oh yeah! If you have Kurt the Cyberguy in your area... let me know.

Babs - do you know if KTLA streams over the web?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/eric.cronwell?__a=1

http://bakespace.com/?ericmsdw2007
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: