BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wednesday, September 19
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Wednesday, September 19 Reply with quote

Good morning Everybody!

The sun is shining here this AM. Temp is 57. Suppose to be one of the warmest days of the week...I'll take it, not ready for cold weather yet! Smile

Have a few things to do around the house today. Woke up with a sore throat. Sad Not too happy about that, don't want it to ruin my weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Take care!
NTxWriter
Chef

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Good morning from TX! Reply with quote

Hi Bakespace friends!

It's been fun to get up and read what you all wrote! It's going to be another warm day here in north TX. Hopefully, it will cool off soon! Our summer was actually very nice. I only watered the yard about two times as it rained fairly often.

Toni-my husband used to be a heat lover too which is one reason he wanted to come back to Tx. However, he's been saying lately that the older he gets, the less he likes it! Do you get lots of fall colors where you live in NY?

Patii, sorry to hear about your shoulder pain. A friend just mentioned to me yesterday that her husband was taking cod liver oil capsules for his high cholesterol and after about a month noticed HIS shoulder pain was gone. He was like you and figured he'd just have to live with it. I take lots of anti-inflammatory supplements like flax seed oil for my aches and pains and it seems to help a lot.

Eric-it would be nice of you to root for the Rangers-they can use it! When we watch TV at night, my husband usually flips it over to them during commercials. Now of course, it will be the Cowboys! Every season begins so hopefully-lol.

ddpi-your purse cake is terrific!

I'm just now getting into doing more decorating since my stepdaughter moved here. More people to eat the cake! when it was just my husband, daughther and I, we didn't want a whole cake around to finsh off. Christmas is going to be fun this year as I can make lots of candies!

Joan
queenietwo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, did that cake (purse) look good. I used to cake decorate but I no longer have the patience to do things like that. My favourite thing was to do cakes for men. I used to favour little pink collapsed elephants leaning against those wee liquor bottles. And flowers.

Woke up to rain this morning. Before it is over we are to get about 5 inches of water. But it isn't too cold. Leaves are starting to change colours and my hydrangea and maple trees are starting to look red but the hydrangea flowers are a nice pink. Lots of bees flying around it as the flowers are sending off such a nice smell.

My hand, of the boiling water two days ago, is not blistered. It looks sunburned (red) and the stinging has eased to the point where it only stings/hurts if I bang it. I thought I would get blisters.

Must get the laundry started and finish reading the second chapter of my textbook for tonights psych class. I am finding it a tough read. It explains about 6 different logorithyms that can be used for the same experiment and all mean the same thing. Then it explains how you can change all these to come up with different conclusions. Then it says that xxxx test isn't really correct but.... and then it says the proper way is in Chapter 17. I am really confused. Why even include it if it isn't right?

Oh well, no one ever said life is going to be easy.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Marlene
stewiesmom
A Chef de Partie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!!!

So ok life can slow down any time now!!! I'm in a wedding this weekend. I can't wait, it'll be a lot of fun!

Plus I just started a 2nd job. I'm a waitress a couple nights a week at our local pizza place. The tips are good, the people are nice, the 14 hour days I end up working suck!

Waving to everyone!!

Jen
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I had a post all typed out and was looking for a graphic to post. When I got ready to post the graphic, my original post disappeared Mad

I am working on the laundry today. That should take me a couple of days. Not much else is going on here. I hope everyone has a great day!

Hugs, Kenna Lou
EC
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patti Im sure the Steelers tailgating parties are some of the best around! We have awesome weather on tap up in New England for Sunday so Im pretty psyched to be doing it and not having to be all bundled up.

Toni the Mets and the Sox could end up being the sob stories of the year. Just a week ago, all looked good(even better for the Mets!) and now were both on the cusp of 2nd place. The Mets have it worse than the sox as far as wild card and I will definitely cross my fingers for you, k?

Joan the Cowboys are sure easier to root for than the Rangers, Im sure but I will still root for the Rangers. Being, I like the Giants in the NFC (woeful as that is)

The spanks gained yet another game on the sox last night. Talk about a horrible trade, Gabbard for Gagne, a.k.a. GAG-ME!

Claire won her soccer game last night, 7-4. The team is 2-1 now and it was her first goal. It's kinda weird since, last year, she was the dominant player, leading the league in goals!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/eric.cronwell?__a=1

http://bakespace.com/?ericmsdw2007
stewiesmom
A Chef de Partie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I got to throw this in...

Go Bears and Go Cubs!!!! Laughing
EC
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps, being a lifetime sox fan, i can relate to the turmoil of the cubs fans. I root for them in the NL just because of that.

So....Cubbies for Jen and Mets for Toni. If they both make it and face each other, i'm going into my closet and crawling under a pile of coats until it's over, lol!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/eric.cronwell?__a=1

http://bakespace.com/?ericmsdw2007
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee...I use to follow baseball for years, even collected the baseball cards (have a TON of those in the basement). It lost its flair when they went on strike years ago for more money. Shoot, they make more money then all of us put together...and they wanted MORE money?! Confused

Here is one of the first pictures I took with my new Panasonic camera last Thursday:

Poor old girl...getting grey around the eyes and mouth.
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO FRIENDS.....I'm so mad at myself! I have been writing you all since 12:30 off and on and figured I'd just copy my post and if it had timed me out (which I knew it would) I'd just paste it and everything would be fine. Well I decided to put my original graphic on at the end and forfot to click on the "img" and as soon as I hit preview I lost my post! DARN! So this one is going to be short and sweet..but that's probably good since I had written a book the first time. Jim took us and Tiffany and rthe kids out for dinner last nite...so no Stew then either..so it's simmering as we speak..smells good to. Will make biscuits...Becca would make yours but I don't hasve the cream...and probably some Brownies for dessert. Tiffany and I are going to get our nails done tonite...they are long past do...we were going to let them grow out as it's pretty expensive for me to pay for both of ours every 2 weeks, but my hands can use all the help they can get to look pretty! Tomorrow all the girls in the Family are going to meet at Olive Garden for lunch..so that wil be nice for a change. We use to try and do that about once amonth, but it's hard to get everyone's work schedules together. Friday we are ordering Mom's Granite Bench for her grave marker. It'll take 6 weeks to get it after it's orderd...oh well at least it'll be there for her Birthday in Dec. and Christmas! I want to get a pretty Fall wreath and take it to her grave sometime early next week. The boys seen their bunk-beds for the first time yesterday and they are soooo excited and they don't even have mattresses on them yet...so I can't wait to get them ready for sleeping so they can spend the nite and try them out!

**ANN MARIE, Sorry I didn't make it back yesterday to answer your question about where we live in WV. We are right on the Ohio river, bordering Bepre OH and Parkersburg WV. So that would be West of the Falls. That would be awesome if Jim and I and you and JIm could get our schedules together sometime and meet there for lunch and get to know each other better. I would love to meet alot of my frinds from her someday! Hope your sore throat gets to feeling better before the wek-end...I always gargle salt water...it always helps me!

**JOAN, I have to take anti-inflamatories for my foot...I wonder if Flax Seed Oil would work for me. DSo you buy it at a Health Food Store? Is it nasty tasting? Are you and your hubby Toni originally from Texas? I have lived there on two different occasions....6th grade Abliene and in my 20's; College Station....I always come ome to the north, I guess I love the season changes!

**MARLENE, Good luck in that Psych class/chapter 17! I think they make it confussing to make a erson think "OUTSIDE" the box! Do you know much about Hydrangeas? I'm not able to take care of mine anymore and it has always bloomed every year except this year...wonder why..any thoughts?

**JEN, Have a good time at the wedding..they are always fun! Now I'm trying to figure out who is going to be playing with your little fur-baby "Stewie" while you work 2 jobs?

**TANGO...Never be excited to go through the change! Really minbe wasn't too bad..the worst part was the "Nite sweats" you felt like you needed to get up and take a shower!

**KENNA LOU, Glad you decide to stop in today! I lost my post too and I thought I was being soooo clever. Jim and I have got all the laundry done, except the last load of towels is in the dryer.

**ERIC, Have a good time this week-end..I know you will. Just remember "EVERYTHING" in moderation! Clarie and her team are doing good this year!

**BABETTE, You cat Seether looks just lkie my cat Andy. He use to act just like an independent cat, but now that he's getting older(he's 6) he's becoming quit the mommies boy...follows me around everywhere. Like right now he's sleeping on the computer desk right here beside me...sometimes I have to work around him. Now his sister Fancy has always been a lap cat, but she like to nap on trhe bed...but sleeps beside me most of the nite.

**DDPIE, What a cute cake. Yoe are very talented. Jess is lucky to have a Mom who takes the time and effort to make such a pretty birthday cake. I wouldn't want to cut it and eat it! Have you ever watched those Cake decorating challenges on the Food Network? They are something to watch!

**PATTI, I feel awful that your doctor say they can't help you with your shoulder! Do the shots give you some relief? You've been living with this pain for a while now and I guess like me, you'll have to deal with it. But it sure does take it's toll on ya after awhile doesn't it? Thanks for letting us know what is in :Empanadas". I think they sound good except for the raisins...I've never been a big fan of raisins!

I guess I'm going to try this one more time...Hello to those that stop in after me and I hope everyone has had a good day so far. I probably won't be back on until late to nite..so I'll chat with everyone in the morning! Take care and HUGS.......Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: