BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~~ Good Morning - Monday, September 17, 2007 ~~
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: ~~ Good Morning - Monday, September 17, 2007 ~~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!
Here is a picture of our newest grandchild, Logan. They were able to stabilize his breathing, and my daughter-in-law and Logan are now home. Still chilly here in Michigan, but will warm into the 70's. Tomorrow, temperatures jump back into the 80's for the remainder of week. Put the sweaters away. Very Happy

Have a nice day,
Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4

Last edited by dutchmom4 on Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're back! Smile

Jim and I got home around 9:15 PM...took about 5 1/2 to 6 hours to get home from Beckley, WV. Not a bad trip at all coming home.

Friday we went to Coopers Rock and Blackwater Falls...and it rained. Sad I was soooo disappointed. But I did take some nice pictures of both places. We plan on going back to Coopers Rock in October...be beautiful with the leaves changing. That evening we headed to Weston, WV...and the sun broke through the clouds - - talk about 2 happy people!! Smile I said to Jim, "I hope this is a good sign we are going to have sunny weather Saturday & Sunday." We had two PERFECT days - lots of sun.

Saturday we went to the New River Gorge...drove around that for a couple of hours - so much to see! After that we went to Sandstone Falls. I heard a man talking that the water is really very low in this area since there hasn't been much rain. Then we headed out to a place called Grandview - has a breathtaking view of the New River. Awesome!!

Sunday we stopped at a flea market and 2 antique malls...I bought a WV hat and a heart-shaped covered dish for my sister. At the antique mall we bought my Mom 2 little ceramic shoes and I found some nice cookbooks. Smile

I have TONS of pictures to post but will do that later tonight or tomorrow. Jim has to go back to work this evening so want to spend as much time with him before he goes back. Sad Sad

Sounds like everyone has a busy weekend.

pattit: I have some brochures from the area we were in and I picked up a brochure for the Cass RR road too...if you would like them please email me at: fossil_lover_woman@yahoo.com. I'll send them over to you. Smile

Take care everybody!!
Ann Marie
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH! Forgot to tell you - - - between the regular digital camera and the new DVD Camcorder...we took 598 pictures!! LOL!!!

Shocked
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING VICKI, ANN MARIE AND ALL MY OTHER BAKESPACE FRIENDS.....I got an early start to my chores this morning. Since I goofed off all day Saturday and most of yesterday, I have it all to do today...but that OK, because I'm in the mood, Now if my foot and back hold out I'll get some things accomplished today! I changed sheets and the quilt on the bed and al the laundry is sorted and first load is in the washer. My little everyday morning chores are done...i.e. feed the cats ,take meds, take shower and watch the weather/news! Looks like it's going to be a beautiful all week, wth temps in the low 70's to mid 80's! I opened the front door and both the cats immediately went and laid in the sun and groomed themselvesand are probably sleeping by now! They love the sun! Jim and Mat went and got the boys bunk beds yesterday evening and Jim put them together when we got home. I can't wait to get the mattresses and then go buy some bedding for them. Probably get some new curtains too. The boys will be excited! I stayed at Tiffanys house when the guys went to get the beds and played with the boys and held Avayah. She sure is starting to fill out some. I'll have to get some new pictures of her and post them.

**VICKI, Your grandson Logan is Adorable! I just love little babies! So glad that they both are home now and that they got his breathing stablized! Sounds like most of us on the East Coast are going to have similar weather conditions! Have fun with that new baby!

**ANN MARIE, So glad you had a wonderful trip in my "Wild and Wonderful West Virginia!" It is a beautiful state and will be even prettier when the leaves start to change color! If you and Jim are coming back for Fall Foliage time, and you know where you're going you might want to make reservations ahead of time. Are you and Jim thinking about going to Cass Railroad? The train ride is very nice! I now Jim and I were going to go to the Amish Contry last year during Fall foliage and All Hotels where booked a year in advance! And one time we went to Blackwater Falls in October and we had to sleep in our van because there wasn't any rooms available! Anyway so glad you had some sunshine and my goodness 598 pictures! That's alot...looking forward to seeing some of them this week!.

Well friends...I had better get busy..if my butt sets too long it thinks it's on vavcation! I think I'm going to make Beef Stew for dinner tonite, so I need to get my Beef out of the freezer! Hello to everyone who stops in after me..I'll stop in again this afternoon! Have a bright sunny day and take care......HUGS to ALL....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
NTxWriter
Chef

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Happy Monday Reply with quote

Vicki, your grandson is so cute! Since I don't know everyone yet, I have to ask - Is he your first?

Patti, yes, grandchildren are wonderful. My step daughter moved to our area just last Feb from Atlanta, bringing her 3 year old son and one year old daughter. It's been terrific having them around. They are very sweet kids and she makes them behave.

I spent Sunday reorganizing my beadroom/office space. My daughter decided not to move home from college last summer so I took over her room for an office for me. I used to do a lot of beadwork but haven't spent much time on it in recent years. Now that I have a place to organize everything, I'd like to spend some time on it again.

I made a great BBQ brisket yesterday for my husband and daughter. My husband burns everything so I became the head BBQer in the family.

I just downloaded a new culinary mystery audio book by Joanne Fluke called the Peach Cobbler Murder. I always walk my 3 dogs every morning and listen to books on CD when I walk. I love culinary mysteries too.

Hope to get to know all of you better as time goes along!

Joan in TX
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joan - Logan is our fifth grandchild, my third in Arizona. Two more grandchildren here in Michigan.

Debbie - How is Avayah doing? You are fortunate that your daugher's family are so close.

Ann Marie - What a lovely weekend! Can't wait to see your pictures.

Meatloaf is made and in the refrigerator for supper this evening. Tomorrow will be rushed day, and meatloaf is a popular leftover meal.

Don't work too hard,
Vicki

EC
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks!

Weekend was ok. Was our “town day” on Saturday so that was fun. Claire’s team won their soccer game 7-6 on Saturday morning and Carter’s baseball team lost 5-4 on Sunday morning.

And…….you guys didn’t send enough Red Sox vibes out east! Yanks took 2 out of three.

Jen- truer words have never been spoken, trust me.

Vicki – beautiful baby!

Check in later…

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/eric.cronwell?__a=1

http://bakespace.com/?ericmsdw2007
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackwater Falls, WV

This is over New River Gorge...it is one of the highest expansion bridges in USA.

Will upload the rest of the pictures later. Just had to post a couple of them. Smile
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://public.fotki.com/annmariepa/wv-vacation/

Here are a "few" of our 598 pictures. Smile
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann Marie - I'm in the process of viewing your beautiful pictures. Thank you.

Eric - Don't blame me for the Red Sox losses. We were cheering them all the way. Go Sox!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: