BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wednesday, September 19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stewiesmom
A Chef de Partie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Debbie!! I feel like a mother who has to work 2 jobs and never gets to spend time with her kids!! I just don't think he has as much fun with his dad as he does with me! He was so excited when I got home last night! Luckily I only work 2 nights a week so hopefully he'll survive Laughing
Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys. Monkey.. I know what you mean about cats. They have overtaken my house! All three like to sleep ON me at night. I might need to take a few sleeping pills soon to get one good nights rest. I swear Fluffy is a real child.. she cries all morning until I get up. I wish they has binkies for cats! Shut that thing up for 5 minutes!!! HAHAHH

Hope you all are having a great day. I think our brilliant developer Scott has done some magic today. I think tonight he'll load the profile pages again with some tweaks to make them load faster. Wink All hail Scott!

My BakeSpace Kitchen: http://bakespace.com/?babs
Facebook: http://facebook.com/bakespace
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bakespace
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bakespace
Instagram: http://instagram.com/bakespace
Download our free app: http://bit.ly/cookbookcafe
Make your own cookbook: http://bakespace.com/cookbooks
Attend our food blogger conference: http://techmunchconf.com
queenietwo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeybusiness - afraid I can't help you about the hydrangea. Ours has been in front of our front windows for over 35 years and just gets bigger and bigger. We prune it nearly every year. Last year we did not and the clusters of flowers are smaller this year but every year we have had big beautiful flowers. We don't do anything to it but prune it every second year or so because it blocks the sidewalk and therefore the mailman. Otherwise we wouldn't likely touch it at all.

Marlene
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie: here is my email address: fossil_lover_woman@yahoo.com. When Jim and I decide on what weekend we are coming back to WV, I'll let you know. Smile

There is another person on the TOH BB that doesn't live that far from the New Gorge Bridge, she owns a restaurant...planning to go to her restaurant to meet up with her too. Smile Should be fun meeting everyone and seeing the colors of the leaves.

Take care!
Ann Marie
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to everyone.......Just wanted to say good-nite before I left to get my nails done.

**BASBETE, your too funny saying they should make binkies for cats. Now my little female cat sleeps ON my side sometimes and she's so light I forget she's there and her purring makes me go to sleep. I'll be looking forward to Scott's magic! Hail to the Mighty Scott!!

**MARLENE, Thanks for the reply back on the hydranugeas. I think that's my problen I have cut them back for a few years. I'll get Jim to trim them back here next week.

**ANN MARIE, Hey that would be wonderful to meet in the fall. I copied your e-mail anbd will be looking forward to hearing from ya! Who over on TOH Board do you know that lives in PA? I might know them too.
Oh yea, here's my e-mail addy:
djwc1950 at yahoo dot com.

Well gotta go get my shoes on and gather my purse..Tiffany is on her way. I'll chat with you all tomorrow! Sleep well everyone! Hugs...Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the TOH BB her nickname is pigy WV. copied your email also. will add it to my Yahoo acct. so that I don't lose it. Smile
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone
Sorry I have been really busy lately, school and meetings at night. Matter of fact have to leave in a few to another meeting. My DH and I went for our new glasses today, sticker shock for the 2 pairs $750. Outta control prices here. We are also taking out the winter clothes and comforters and Halloween stuff from the attic.
Not much else doing except I am in Dinner Dance mode, running one on Sunday. Have to find a outfit, It is also my anniversary and my DH birthday the same day. Going to surprise him with a cake at the Dinner Dance. So many plans, I am running a breakfast for another organization, doing the table centerpieces for that, running a Christmas for the same organization, so I have to start thinking about that. Then all the committees I am on need my attention. I finally said no to one organization, the Junior League, to join. There really isn't time in my day to start that. Does anyone belong?? Was curious of the organization and what they did.
Well I am off and running, talk soon
Linda
ddpie
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm very late getting back in here guys! I started out early this morning catching up on the boards and before I could get over here, I got a call from a friend and had to dash off!

Anywho, thanks for all of the kind comments about the cake! I'm my own worst critic, I have so much to learn that I just sat and picked it apart yesterday. Of course Jess was proud and took her pics to school Smile that made me feel good!

Joan- I'm new to all this decorating stuff, just got into it about less than a year ago. I'm lucky though, I can send all the mistakes or extra cake to the guys and gals at the firehouse (where my hubby works)

Marlene- hope your class goes well tonight. I have no doubt that you'll get the hang of it! Sure hope your hand feels better, sounds more like a steam burn? Those are painful! Glad it didn't blister though.

Jen- awwwe, I bet it's hard leaving little stewie that much! Ya know they say that animals don't have any perception of time, so that's a good thing, he's just glad to see you no matter how long you've been gone! (p.s, of course he likes mom better, lol)

Kenna Lou- damn those gremlins, they get me from time to time too! I made hubby wait to talk to me the other day 'cuz I didn't want to loose my post to the gremlins, he just shook his head and walked away. HA!

Eric- I'm not a baseball fan, but when we get well into the NFL season, I'm affraid I'll have to remind ya'll who won the super bowl last year! GO COLTS! (er, um, sorry Jen, had to say it LOL)

Debbie- I watch Ace of Cakes and ALL of the cake and sugar competitions, LOVE IT ALL! That's what got me interested in all this stuff!

Pattit- so sorry to hear about your shoulder girl! It's frustrating, I know, I have a back/joint disorder (SIJD) and there's nothing they can do for me that wouldn't end up causing more pain so I just have to live with it. Are the shots they give you steroids? Those didn't work for me, but I know a lot of people they've helped.

Linda- ok, whew, when do you have time to breathe girl? I'm worn out sometimes just reading your posts! LOL bet your excited about this weekend though, the dinner and dance sounds fun!

Well guys, gonna go check out the other posts before I have to pick Jen up. I almost forgot to tell ya'll she got her first job at Dairy Queen (do you guys have those?) Anyway, we're letting her work as long as her grades don't suffer! HAve a good nite and I'll check back in the morning! Take care!
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening to all my BakeSpace friends. Seems like I don't get much done with hubby here all day. He has gone to bed, so now I can get on here for awhile. Spent the day gathering up things for vacation, and even packing some suitcases. Then DIL called and asked me to e-mail her directions to all of our stops, in case we lose each other, the beginning of the route we will not be together. Then she asked me to e-mail her my packing list. I was busy most of the day, but when I look around, seems like nothing has been done. Tomorrow hubby and I are going to clean the house, I am so glad that he offered to help with the vacuuming. My Dr. explained that I have very bad thinning of the tendons, and impingement, besides the arthritis and bursitis. Yes, the shots sure did help. I couldn't lift my arm more than about an inch before them. I take the limit of anti-inflamatories already and am on serious pain killers for other problems so there isn't really anything else I can take.

**Toni, it is nice to have you back posting again.
**Ann Marie, my MIL who was a nurse always gave me the same advice that Debbie gave you, gargle with salt water, it really does seem to help. I hope you kick it before the weekend rolls around.
**Joan, I am the same way with baking, I only do it if we are going to dinner somewhere or are having company, otherwise I end up eating too much of it. Joan believe it or not, my dear Grandmother when I used to spend time at her house made me take a big spoon of cod liver oil every morning. She said it was good for what ailed me, even if I was fine. Tee hee. Who knew it would really be good for you, I might be able to tolerate it in a capsule form. I will have to check them out.
**Marlene, good to hear that you hand isn't causing you constant pain, and that you didn't get blisters. Those classes sound like they would be way over my head! Good luck.
**Jen, you are one busy girl. I bet Stewie is really growing. Mmmmm pizza, I would probably eat up my paycheck.
**Kenna Lou, that was short, but it is still nice to see you checking in.
**Eric, Claire's team seems to be off to a good start. It seems kind of odd to go to football games and NOT have to bundle up, doesn't it? A lot more enjoyable though.
**Debbie, sorry about your post getting gobbled up by cyber gremlins. Your dinner sounds good, we just had turkey sandwiches. I better get some meat out of the freezer so we can have something nice for dinner tomorrow! I think I will probably do something with chicken. Your lunch with the girls at Olive Garden sounds like a nice time.

Hope everyone's day went well, TTYL.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
ddpie
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAahahahaha, I took so long to post Patti, you beat me! Tonight, we're chasing each other around on the board just like the old days! LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: