BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Morning - Thursday - September 20th!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Motherof2Boys
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject: Good Morning - Thursday - September 20th!! Reply with quote

Good Morning Everyone that stops in today!!

It's been a busy week at work. Today is my Friday so I'm ready to call it a weekend. The girls in my office are all going out for drinks after work tonight. Should be alot of fun, we've never done this before(at least with this group of girls). After a few drinks I will be headed to my nephews soccer game. He's a senior in H.S. and I want to see one of his last games. He also is on the homecoming court so we'll be going to the football/homecoming game tomorrow night.

The weather here this week has been in the 80's and should be throughout the weekend. Nice change from last week when we were lucky to get into the mid 60's. It was too early to have such cool temps. So I plan on having a nice summery weekend.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Jennifer

http://bakespace.com/?motherof2boys
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Jennifer and all to follow!
I checked a local television website for the current dew point. Surprise! Look at these Current Conditions and Forecast:

CURRENT CONDITIONS
7 F
Feels Like: 0 F | High: 115 F at 6:59 pm | Low: 0 F at 6:59 pm
Humidity: 0% | Dewpoint: 0 F | Barometer:
Wind: North 0 mph | Sunrise: 7:26 am | Sunset: 7:45 pm

Needless to say, I checked another station --- Current temperature 56, Dewpoint 53. Sounds better.

Hope this starts your day with a chuckle,
Vicki

P.S. Jennifer - which temps match the weather as you drove into work? Smile

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
Motherof2Boys
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki--Well I can tell you I surely didn't have my winter parka on. In fact I didn't wear a coat at all and felt just right. Laughing Other than maybe a month of cold/snowy weather I could do away with winter. I absolutely hate my hour drive to work in snow anymore, didn't bother me so much before I had kids.

Jennifer

http://bakespace.com/?motherof2boys
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad these temps did not match with your drive in. You'd better have your AC on as you drive home, if the temps are to climb to 115. Smile

OR, will it? High: 115 F at 6:59 pm | Low: 0 F at 6:59 pm Question

Have fun,
Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4

Last edited by dutchmom4 on Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning all.

Not feeling good this morning...bad sinus headache and stuffy head. Going to go lay down.

Hope everyone had a good day.
Ann Marie
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW I'm impressed!! A couple of you guys made it into the newsletter!!

Hope you get to feeling better Ann Marie

Jennifer have a fun girly time!!

My DH will not be home till Sunday night or Monday morning Tee Hee I'm misbehaving!!

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING FRIENDS........Beautiful sunny morning today, with temps getting into the high 80's! Of course that won't be as hot as your temps Vicki but it's still quit a contrast from last weeks 60's! That's pretty warm temps for Michgan at any time of year especially in the coming fall season! Just kidding, I knew that forcast was wayyyy off! I wouls never be able to deal with temps that hot...I'd be staying inside with the air on! After I get off here, I'm going to get a shower and get ready to go to lunch with the girls in the family! It should be fun...any time I can eat out, I'm happy! Tiffany is taking Avayah for her swollowing test this morning, so I hope they find that there's nothing wrong! Tiffany and I went to get our nails done last nite and we decided to get a new set and of course I was paying...I about fell over when she said 70 dollars! I almost didn't leave a tip, but did, so it was 80 dollars when all said and done! Yikes! Then we went a pick her up a new top to wear to lunch today and it was 20 dollars...so I shot 100 dollars last nite and probably will spend another 30 or 40 for luinch today! I keep this up Jim will have to get another job! LOL! We also seen a lot of new Baby outfits that we thought would look so cute on Avayah, but believe it or not NONE her size! Probably good thing or I would be broke! Jim is getting a real bad sinus infection...hope he feels better by the week-end and our Motorcycle ride to the Falls! I told him to call the doctor and get something for it, so we'll see if he does! Sorry you're still feeling bad Ann Marie...rest is what you need to do! Don't forget to gargle salt water. I had strep throat years ago and the doctor said that's the best thing for a sore throat! I'll bet you got sick when you walk down to look at the Falls in the rain! Jennifer, you have a relaxing time with the girls from work this evening...glad today is your Friday! Do you and your family have special plans already for the up-coming week-end? I would love to grill out one more time before the snow flys, but we are having terrible time with misquitoes this year! Well girls and others that stop in after me ....I had better get a move on it, time is moving along without me...AGAIN! I wish everyone a beautiful sunny day! I'l check back in this afternoon! HUgs to ALL....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
NTxWriter
Chef

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: good morning! Reply with quote

good morning everyone. Have to tell you how much I enjoy reading your posts! It's lots of fun.

For all those here with inflammatory issues, here's a link to Andrew Weil's Anti-inflammatory diet recommendations, which I follow.
http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART02012/anti-inflammatory-diet

It's helped me tremendously, as has doing yoga stretches for my joints. I try to do everything the natural way and don't take any medications.

Monkeybiz, flax seed oil is really good for the inflammation and your heart. I take capsules every day. Yes, you can get them at any health food store, or even probably WalMart of the local supermarket. As to TX, we lived in Corpus Christi for 6 years when my husband was in the Navy and the kids always felt TX was home because they spent so many years here. My daughter wanted to come back here for college (after we'd lived in Oregon for 8 years). Since the majority of my family wanted to live in TX, I tagged along-lol.

Patti-yes, some of grandma's remedies really do work. the capsules they have now are deodorized too. As to the baking-I was very glad when my stepdaughter and family moved here. Her hubby loves cake! I don't let my own hubby eat too much of it as he has a blood sugar problem.

ddpi-you're lucky you have a firehouse full of men to eat your bakery goods!

It's a beautiful day in Texas. My stepdaughter is coming up from San Antonio (her hubby is from NY and a Giants fan, Eric) so we're going to an Oktoberfest at one of the towns around here. Should be fun.

Have a great day!

Joan
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joan it's nice to meet you!!

Ddpie that cake is beautiful!! Happy Birthday to your DD!!

Debbie you had asked about my quilting friend. Yes that was the first time I met her. My DH was worried cause he wasn't in town & hoped I wasn't going to meet an axe murderer LOL!! She wasn't!! We met downtown & went to Fat Tony's for lunch we talked & laughed did me good to get out of the house. She loved the checkbook cover I made her & she gave me some fat quarters in purple!

I have to run to the hair supply house & might stop at Vintage Values see what they have new!! Vintage Values is a thrift store to support Domestic Violence not sure if I spelled that right?!

AmericanLadyBug
Garde Manger Chef

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning. It has been toooo long since I've come to the forums. I've been on Family Medical Leave and most of my efforts have been to get well and get rest.

I have Aquatic Therapy and then grocery shopping (ugh). Tomorrow I am going to my niece's for the day. I'll get to play with my Grand Nephew, Isaiah. He's probably the only "Grand" I'll ever have.

I hope you all have a great day!

Jenni/JenniHusker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: