BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tuesday, 2 days before Thanksgiving!....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EC
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Tuesday, 2 days before Thanksgiving!.... Reply with quote

It’s late and I’ve been sick with some type of virus since Sat morning. I started the new job today. My manager’s name is Tim, and he’s the VP of Corporate Realty Services for Citigroup. Seems like a stand up guy and I have a really good feeling about him. Under him, are me, and 6 other project managers. We all sit in cubes in a row, next to each other. All seem like good folks. Today was a big a lot of learning the lingo, the organization/hierarchy and applications. Tomorrow will be a lot of that also. Wed and Friday will be mellow, due to the holiday. Next week, I assume, I’ll be hitting the ground running. But, overall, it seems like it’s going to be a really good gig.

Now – which of you are going to be partaking in the Thanksgiving contest with the “How did you spend your Thanksgiving” under “Food Photos”? I’m gonna be a bit remiss about not having a bunch of pics of me stuffing the bird, basting, mashing potatoes, etc but, I’ll have no problem bringing the wait staff of the restaurant I go to into the Bakespace fold! I hope everyone participates!!!

Joy – The New England Patriots are based out of Foxboro, Massachusetts, about 20 miles southwest of Boston, OY VEY, you didn’t know they were in MA? Just joshin, btw. But now, since you asked, you should lend your support and show love for them! The more on board, the merrier, I say. What ya say?

Tango – Thanks for the good luck wish! As I said, above, I have good vibes so far…

Ann Marie – feeling better but, not out of the woods but, thanks for the well wishes. First day was good…

Deb – I think your positive thoughts got me through the trudge from the World Trade Center train stop to my building, throught the sleet and snow the whole walk….

Vicki – You rock, dudette! Thanks for the Pats shout out! Where did you find the pic?

DD – I did see your well wishes and I have to say, it gave me a bit of strength and a smile, right around the middle of the day, when I was fading. THANK YOU ALWAYS!!!

Marlene – my first day wasn’t traumatic at all. As a matter of fact, one of my group’s members has your namesake and she was awesome showing me some of the ropes.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/eric.cronwell?__a=1

http://bakespace.com/?ericmsdw2007
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning all!!

Eric glad every thing went well with the job!! Hope you start to feel better!

Debbie LOL I didn't really get into trouble, I'm too old too!!. I ended up taking a friend that lost her liscense food shopping. She was tickled! Then came home & started laundry & cleaning.
I have 2 haircuts today 1 at 10 & the other at 7. I want to go to the eye Dr. I'm running out of contacts & my glasses are 3 or 4 scripts behind!
I have to make pumpkin bread for Thur. so might do that today or tomorrow. We are going to DH's Father's & Step Mother's. Told us yesterday plans are to go to the Step Mother's daughter's church for dinner & it's at noon?? I don't really want to go but we have to take turns with each others family.

Coffee's ready!There's still pumpkin bread!

joybowes
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick good morning to everyone! In the kids backpacks last night was a note that Maggie should dress like a pilgrim today - I didn't see it until about 8:30 PM. So now, being I'm fresh out of Puritan clothing, I have to figure out how the heck to dress her. White tights, black skirt I guess - white shirt is in the laundry Mad . What a pain. Also have to help serve their Thanksgiving feast today (the soup I helped them make yesterday) I have a ton of packing and last minute preparations for our trip tomorow too. Plus, I still haven't made my pumpkin rolls. That part is the fun part so I'll wait till I get all my "chores" done before I treat myself to fun in the kitchen Smile . Talk to everyone later - hope you have a great Tuedsay!

Eric - I just don't know if I could root for ANY football team but if my feet were held to the fire, and I had to name a team, the Patriots would come into my mind first Wink

Tango - Glad no one had to bail you out yesterday - everyone was wondering what kind of trouble you were planning Wink . Have a good day - and when can I come over for a cut? I still havn't found a reliable hairdresser since I've moved from NY! I'm forced to go to SuperCuts or Fantastic Sams every couple of months and roll the dice - sometimes I win, sometimes....not so much!

"You have brains in your head/You have feet in your shoes/ You can steer yourself/any direction you choose." - Dr. Seuss
http://bakespace.com/?joybowes
http://www.cookinglikeagrownup.blogspot.com/
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning,

Eric - hoping you kick that virus soon. Glad to hear that the people at your new work seem nice. That helps a lot...makes it easier to go to work when the people are nice. Smile

tango - pumpkin bread sounds good! I am making Cream Cheese Pumpkin Slices to take to my sister's for Thanksgiving. Smile

Joy - your daughter sounds like she'll be adorable once you get her all dressed up as a pilgrim. Smile The kids around this area got out of school early yesterday by a few hours.

Weeeeeeell, Jim's schedule changed. Mad Are any of us surprised?!! He said he'll work today, Wed, & Thu then have Fri, Sat, & Sun off. OR have Thu off, Fri & Sat. He won't know til tomorrow night. Man, I HATE this company. Mad Mad

Did anyone watch Dancing With The Stars last night?? It was wonderful! It's going to be close between Helio and Mel I think. I can't believe Marie has made it this far, she is more of an entertainer than a dancer. Smile Wow, seen the row of brothers...they all look old, but Donny still is cute. Wink Curious to see who leaves tonight...maybe Marie, maybe Jennie?? Can't wait to see Michael Flaherty dance...he was in The Lord of the Dance.

Not much going on today. Might go up to Thrifty Shopper and see if they got any new cookbooks in, and then to Dollar General and Family Dollar.

Our temp is 58º! And very windy!

Take care,
Ann Marie PA
ddpie
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning bs buddies,

Eric, glad to hear you made it thru the first day and all! Sorry you're still under the weather, hope that clears up soon! I was shocked to see you here so bright and early, then I read your post and saw the time , hehehehehe. Couldn't sleep last nite?

Tango- I tried your angel biscuits last nite. They were very yummy! My hubby (picky eater as he is) said, "well they're not like yours", I said, "you mean MY bisquick one?" LOL I usually don't take the time to make them from scratch, but the girls and I thought they were wonderful, so I'll be making them again!

Joy- boy I sure do remember the pilgrim days! Try scurrying around to get 3 little girl pilgrim outfits together! HA! why do they always FORGET about that kind of stuff? And yet, they'll bug you to death if it's something that's WEEKS away? I used to have to go thru Jennifers' (our youngest) backpack every nite....guess by the time she started school I was a little wiser LOL

Debbie- you didn't ruin AR for me. We watched it last nite and Jim was cracking up when those girls were trying to milk the camels. (guy humor) Then we watched DWTS, I thought everyone did great on the first dance, but I was a little disppointed with the 2cd. Except for Helio, I thought he did excellent both times! and WOW, have you guys noticed how much weight Marie has dropped? Perhaps I should take up ballroom dancing???

Well Jim is picking up Jamie (from college) today but she'll probably be disappointed that I don't have a bunch of stuff baked for her. Oh well, she'll have to wait til Thurs! He's going to go check on his dad too while he's up there. He's finished all of his radiation and everytime we talk to him he seems to be doing fine Smile I'm so relieved, I was so scared for him. What a trooper. Guess I better go get all of my laundry caught up, you know how those college students are......tons in tow. Everyone have a nice day, I'll try to stop by later.
ddpie
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, Ann Marie, I babbled too much and you beat my post!

WAVING TO ANN MARIE!

P.S about the Osmonds, when I was in grade school, I had an Osmond lunch box, it was all purple and had the four brothers' faces on it (Jimmy was still young) When I saw them all last nite, I thought, man, I'm getting old HAHAHAHAHHA like, what the heck do I expect??? LOL

Wishing I still had that lunch box, can you imagine how much money it would bring on Ebbay? oh well.....
Motherof2Boys
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Everyone!!

Eric--So glad you made it through your 1st day on the job. Hope your feeling better, wouldn't want you to miss Thanksgiving.

Tango--I'm sure your friend was very appreciative that you took her shopping. Hope your able to get to the eye Dr.

Joy--I find little notes from school late in the evening too. Last week it was Wyatt's snack day the next day and I didn't find out until late, so here I am in the kitchen scrambling for something to send. Amazing what you can figure out in a short amount of time.

Ann Marie--Have fun shopping today!

ddpie--Glad to hear your father in law is doing well. I know all to well how scary it can be. Jamie likes to load you up with laundry huh?? My cousin does the same thing to his mom. She told me this last weekend she thought he brought every thing possible that could be washed!

Well since I posted late last night I really don't have much to say. Hope everyone has a great day.

Jennifer

http://bakespace.com/?motherof2boys
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDpie - I had the 2001 Space Odyssey lunch box...I've seen it out on Ebay and antique stores, I can't believe at what they have it priced at! Shocked I would think your Osmond lunch box would be worth more.

Hi Jennifer! Smile

====================================================
This is what I am making for Thanksgiving:

Cream Cheese Pumpkin Slices

1 (16 ounce) golden pound cake mix
2 eggs, divided
2 tablespoons butter, melted
3/4 cup chopped nuts, divided
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 egg whites
1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan; set aside.

In large bowl, combine cake mix, 1 egg, butter, 1/2 cup nuts and 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice until crumbly. Press onto bottom of prepared pan; set aside.

In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, then remaining egg and egg whites, pumpkin, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice and salt; mix well. Pour over crust; sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup nuts on top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool.

Chill; cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.

Makes 12 servings.

(from salsarose, TOH)
EC
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DD - i've been having lots of difficulty sleeping the past few weeks. Hopefully it lets up soon because the commute into the city takes a lot more out of me than the old 30 minute drive, you know?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/eric.cronwell?__a=1

http://bakespace.com/?ericmsdw2007
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everyone, I haven't been on much lately. Working like crazy everyday. plus I was sick last week and trying to work.
Got another busy day ahead so I had better get up and get going.
We are having our Thanksgiving dinner on Friday with all of the family at my next to the oldest dd's house. she has the biggest house and it is the halfway point for the other 2 dks to get to. I am about 100 miles from her to east and live 100 miles to the west. This is her first yr being in it for the holidays. This is also the first yr not having my youngest here for the holidays, with her moving to CA. They are coming home for Christmas though. She will be home the day before my B-day. Dec 13.On thursday they all have to go to their inlaws so we thought it easier for us to change ours so they don't have to try to get to both places in one day and can relax and enjoy the day.We might go up and spend the night on thursday and get up early on fri and shop some before dinner.
I am taking the wilton gumpast and fondant glass so I have that tonight. Well I will talk to you all later.
Everyone have a good day.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: