BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tuesday, 2 days before Thanksgiving!....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric - take a nice warm relaxing bath at night, that might help you go to sleep better.

Hi grammadotcom. Smile

Well, have my cleaning all done, now I can go SHOPPING!! Can't believe how nice it is outside, it's 55º now...but it is so dark, cloudy and dreary. Went outside and cleaned the sliding glass doors that lead to the deck then did the kitchen window too. Now I can see outside. Smile

Later,
Ann
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Joy - just checked our local weather for Thursday & Friday...we are to get snow & rain. Mostly snow on Friday. For your kids, I hope it snows a little bit for them. Smile
EC
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann Marie - although i haven't taken a bath in about 10 years, i just may try it. Something's gotta work....

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/eric.cronwell?__a=1

http://bakespace.com/?ericmsdw2007
queenietwo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everyone

Eric - glad my namesake is helping you out. Maybe her name came from a German mother like mine. And you know Germans are supposed to be brainy (squareheads). Now don't use me as an example right now. I am sure I will fail tomorrow nights exam as I did the one in October. My hope is that the failure is of a higher quality.

Tango - I copied your Angel Biscuits recipe but have yet to try but they sure did appeal.

Ann-Marie - I love DWTS. I agree with you that either Jennie or Marie is next to leave. Personally I think it will be Jennie because Marie has a bigger fan base but Marie has never got a 30 while Jennie has. I think Mel is going to be the winner in the end.

Heard from my daughter last night. She didn't go into details except to tell me how to pronounce the world for bathroom in New Zealand the the difference in speaking. She mentioned a spread that is used on toast and such and is glad that we don't have it here in Canada. It is called vegemite. She is saying she needs to win a lottery so that she can buy a "winter" home there for herself. Well she had better win a big one because when we were in France she wanted to buy a place in Provence too. I told her that as her PHD is in drama (her BA is a double honours in pyschology and theatre and her MA is in theatre) that she had a better chance of being a movie star than winning the lottery.

I am getting burned out from studying. I sometimes wonder why I am bothering but then as I said earlier my failure of this exam might be with a higher mark. I have no delusions that I will pass this exam anymore than I did for the first one.

Oh well, I had better get back to studying.

Have a good one everyone.

Marlene
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING DEAR FRIENDS.......OK, I didn't get on here as early as I wanted to...I think I'll blame it on Tiffany. In between reading everyones comments, she has called twice! Oh well, I'd be crushed if she didn't call me a few times a day! Today is a little chilly and overcast, but suppose to be warm, almost 70* today and the same for tomorrow. But look out on thanksgiving Day....low 40's and 80% chance of rain! Now I hate making several trips with food in hand in the rain! YUCK! I'm supposed to be finishing up my cleaning today, so tomorrow all I have to worry about is preparing for Thanksgiving! I've been trying to figure out what kind of Dessert I wanted to make...I was going to make my Pumpkin Crunch cake, but Jim's Mom is making two desserts made with Pumpkin and I thought my cake would be Pumpkin over-kill! Every dessert that I thought I'd fix either had coconut, pineapple or nuts in it and my son-in-law doesn't like any of those...well except for nuts but he can't eat them because he's highly allergic to them! Anyway, I ask Jim what he would like me to make and he said , "You know I love your Texas Sheet cake" So that's what it's goona be. Not your typical Holiday dessert, but hey, if it makes my guy happy, then I'm happy!

**ERIC, I sure hope you start to feel better. Do you think you have the flu or is it just your nerves from all the changes happening right now. I agree with DDpie...a nice warm relaxing bath would probably make you feel relaxed and then maybe Jodie could give you a nice relaxing massage!! So glad your first day atwork went well. I always helps when you hit things off on the right foot with your boss and the people you'll be working with. Like you said...look out next week...you'll probably be very busy!

**TANGO, Glad you had a good day yesterday and managed to stay out of trouble...but guess what? You're never too old to get in trouble! That was very nice of you to take your friend to the store..I'm sure she really appreciated it. I know what you mean by sharing families..it's very hard to do during the holidays isn't it?

**JOY, You're just too funny......what No Purtain clothing in the ole Cedar chest? You would have thought the teacher would have sent the note home last Friday! I think what you gathered up for her sounds nice! Cody is having a Thanksgiving day feast at school too, but all Tiffany has to take is apples and grapes! Enjoy yourself in the kitchen when you eventually make it there.

**ANN MARIE, I can't believe Jim's company either...well yes I can after all the crap they've put you guys through these past several months. I sure hope he gets Thurs, Fri and Sat...I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for ya! Yes, I watched DWTS last nite and they all have made such inprovements in their dancing. But the two that have always stood out in my mind as confident in thier dancing and done really well are Helio and Mel..they'll be the last two standing. Not sure who'll go home tonite!

**DDPI, I love to watch Marie dance. She has come along way and she IS quite the entertainer too. When I watch her, I think geesh I wish I was in that good of shape for my age! How long does jamie get to stat home for? Maybe you both can do some baking together and catch up on her college adventures! I'm so sorry I haven't ask about Jim's dad...I really need to keep a journal on important things in my friends lives, so I don't forget. I;m so glad that he's doing so well since his radiation! You're Osmond lunch box story was cute!

**JENNIFER, Hey, tacos last nite...Jim and I love anything Mexican! Yum! Hope you and your sister enjoy your shopping day friday...I must be the only one that doesn't think that sounds like Fun. If I was younger and in good health..I would not go and fight those crowds! But I do hope you have fun and find lots of good deals!

**GRAMMA, You have been gone for a little while. Glad you stop back in. Hope you're felling better. Sounds like you're going to have lots of fun with everyone meeeting at your daughters home for Thanksgiving! That'll probably be a good idea to leave for her house Thrusday. so you can relax a little or do the shopping thing Friday Morning..anyway I do hope you have a safe trip. By the way..did you see where we have a thread for signing up if your interested in doing the Christmas card exchange! You need to sign up if you do!

Well I really need to get dressed...I'm still in my PJ's and it's noon already! I'll check back later, hope everyone has a really good day! Take care and HUGS........Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
EC
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlene – Well, her last name is Krauss so I’m imagining she’s pretty Germanic! You’ll do fine on your test. Just breathe and be confident in yourself

Deb – I think it was Ann Marie who suggested the bath, not DD. DD would probably just tell me to “man up” and get some damn sleep, lol!

joybowes
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shouldn't be here - too much to do but I just love checking in with all of you and seeing what you're all doing! I'm just too nosey for my own good I guess Very Happy . I bailed on the Thanksgiving feast at school. I showed up with the bread and there were several other moms there so I gave Mags a kiss on her little Pilgrim head and ran for the door! Wade called and asked me if I could "swing by the DMV" to renew his truck registration. It expired end of Oct. but he has a company truck so he hasn't driven it since then anyways. "Swinging by the DMV" is a good one! First I had to drive halfway to downtown to his office to get the expired registration, then all the way back to the west end DMV (b/c I will NOT go to the downtown DMV) and then sit and wait for my number to be called. Why on earth he needed that done today is beyond me - guess he thought I was just sitting here eating bon-bons and watching the soaps! Oh well, at least he's legal now if he drives his own truck. I've got an hour and 1/2 till I have to pick up the kids so I'm going to go throw together a pumpkin roll now.

Ann-Marie - we're keeping our fingers crossed for snow - but not when anyone has to drive in it!

Patti - I'll be waving at you when we drive past Gettysburg tomorrow! (we take 15 up)

Debbie - Hey there - are you dressed yet? Wink I am often found in my pj's and a baseball cap until afternoon myself. I was proud of myself today - I was showered by 10! I think that's a record.

Eric - make sure you have some nice candles, bath beads and a good romance novel when you take your first bath in 10 years! Smile

HI to Marlene, DD, Jennifer, Grammadotcom and everyone else who stops by!

"You have brains in your head/You have feet in your shoes/ You can steer yourself/any direction you choose." - Dr. Seuss
http://bakespace.com/?joybowes
http://www.cookinglikeagrownup.blogspot.com/
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric - I love a good warm relaxing bath...especially after a hectic day. Do you have any Epsom Salts for the achy muscles?

Marlene - I hope Jennie doesn't leave. She has improved so much in the past few weeks. I am getting tired of hearing about Mel's busy schedule. Good luck on your exam.

Hi Debbie!

Hi Joy!

Later,
Ann
EC
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann Marie - no epsoms. does that really work, anyway?

Joy - I take a bath with candles, bath beads and a romance novel and I'm going to get a REAL reputation as a metro-sexual...OR WORSE! LOL

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO BAKESPACE FRIENDS......Well, I got caught in my PJ's! I was just headed to the bathroom with my clothes in hand when I see Jim walking up to the door. So since I was not going to make it dressed anyway, I went to unlock the door for him...and you should have seen the look on his face to see me in my Jammies! He must have thought I was sick! Oh well...he already knows I don't do alot around here! Anyway, while I was fixing our lunch, I thought now when Jim goes back to work, I really need to get busy and quite goofing off...guess what? I goofed off! Paula Deen was on and had a recipe for Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake and I just had to set a wait for that recipe. I think I'll make it one day next week....looked and sounds delish! Here's the recipe:

PUMPKIN GOOEY BUTTER CAKE

Cake:
1 (18 1/4-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 tablespoons butter, melted
Filling:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan.

To make the filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter, and beat together. Next, add the powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mix well. Spread pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Make sure not to overbake as the center should be a little gooey.

Serve with fresh whipped cream.

Variations: For a Pineapple Gooey Cake: Instead of the pumpkin, add a drained 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple to the cream cheese filling. Proceed as directed above.

For a Banana Gooey Cake: Prepare cream cheese filling as directed, beating in 2 ripe bananas instead of the pumpkin. Proceed as directed above.

For a Peanut Butter Gooey Cake: Use a chocolate cake mix. Add 1 cup creamy peanut butter to the cream cheese filling instead of the pumpkin. Proceed as directed above.

Anyway after watching her show, I thought well, I better get busy, but I'll check the board real quick before I do and here I am. Tiffany is wanting Jim and I to go to Sams for her tonite and bring the stuff over, so I had better not miss DWTS! Dinner tonite is going to be Chicken and Rice Casserole and Butteres Corn.

**MARLENE, Glad you're hearing from your daughter more often...we all understand how parents worry about thier children when they're away...well anythime for that matter. Good luck on your test next week. Like Eric said just be confident in your ability to do well.

**JOY, My Jim has a work vechicle too and hardly drives our car and this summer when we went anywhere we wewre usually on the motorcycle and the inspection sticker was outdated by almost 2 months. So I can see how he would forget to get his registration taken care of if he doesn't drive it often. You and I sound alike in the aspect of always checking back in here.....I know that's why I hardly ever get my chores done..I really need to get int eh habit of doing them first, then getting on line!

Well, off to get my work done...Jim made a comment as he was walking out the door today....he said "IF you get out of your chair today, be careful!" It's a good thing I have a sense of humor huh? Anyway, I'm going to surprise him and get the house straighten up and take out the trash for him and mop the kitchen and get dinner fixed! I'll try to get back on this evening, if I'm not at Tiffany's too long!

PS...So far for the Christmas Card Exchage list, I have info on :

Babette
DDpie
Eric
Ann Marie
Patti
Pat
Pat Q
Tango
ToniT
Myself
Anyone else interested, please don't forget to sign up on the thread concerning this topic!

Have a wonderful day....HUGS...Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: