BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nov. 21 Wednesday 1 day before Thanksgiving
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EC
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! Just dropping by quick as I have back to back meetings until late morning. The job is going well. Extremely well. My boss seems to think very highly of me. After only two days he told me that thereís an upcoming reorg and thereís going to be big opportunity for me. And again, after only two days, the relationship seems to be remniscent of a relationship Iíd had for years with the best manager Iíve ever had, Greg F. from Morgan Stanley, who is a Global Division Head there now. If the relationship with my new manager, Tim, is even half as good, I will have many opportunities for advancement.

The stock market closes at 1pm today and, although Iím not involved directly with it anymore, the company closes after market close, so Iíll be leaving around then. Well, I actually donít have a train until 2:51 so Iíll head out of here around 2pm, as I have to walk 20 minutes and then take the PATH train(15 min) to Hoboken, NJ, where I catch the NJ Transit train at 2:51. Leaving at 2 will give me plenty of time to relax and not have to rush. Iíll also get a window seat on the train so I can lean over and SLEEP!!!

Thanksgivingís going to be weird this year. Iím already becoming melancholy. My wife and kids are going to her sisterís. In addition to being Thanksgiving, itís also Carterís birthday tomorrow so Iíll have to go get a gift for him after work. I was invited to her sisterís but with the stage Em and I are at, itís for the best that I donít go. I donít really feel like hearing lectures from her father and sister about how we should give it one last go. SoÖ..Iíll be having dinner out with a very special friend and it will be quiet. And on that note, I just want to put out there, so that no one thinks Iím a horrible person, my wife and I have been separated but still in the same house for months. We donít talk about dating but itís acknowledged on both parts. So, if thereís a very pretty woman in my Thanksgiving/Bakespace photo(s), that will be Jodie. Sheís already looking forward to taking them!

Ok, peace to all of you. Iíll be around off and on, during the day and then perhaps tonight as Iíll be home alone and will probably find solace in checking in with my friends here.

Ann Marie Ė glad you had an enjoyable bath. None for me but I did manage 5 hours sleep, almost.

DD Ė thanks for the screaming, lol! Nope, def no bath salts for me, haha

Patti Ė Thanks for the well wishes!

Deb Ė a bath for twoÖ..THAT, I may considerÖ

Vicki - hope Eric's wisdom teeth go smoothly!

Babs Ė yes, two major life changes in a 2 week period. Iíll tell you what, it can eat at you big time but Iíll make it through. And how about the fact that Iím throwing in quitting smoking as of midnight on December 31st? Iím sure Iíll be fun to be around on New Years Day! Iím still trying to figure out the Thanksgiving photosÖ.stay tuned

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/eric.cronwell?__a=1

http://bakespace.com/?ericmsdw2007
Motherof2Boys
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tango--That's the same brand they gave me to try and my eyes never did get used to them. I think I wore them for 2 days, I ended up going back and they put me in the ones I used to wear. AAAHH relief!! Hope you can get them to settle.

Pumkin bread sounds yummy, so does the butter cake!! Wish I were home to bake!!

Jennifer

http://bakespace.com/?motherof2boys
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.jacquielawson.com:80/viewcard.asp?code=HY27482779

Smile

Here's another one...especially if you are tired of hearing "happy holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas."

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=IAckfn8yiAQ
ddpie
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning bakespace buddies,

Boy, all of you are up early gettin' it goin' on! LOL My back is a little stiff from yesterday, so I have the heat on it warming up for round 2 today.

Ann Marie- thanks for the card Smile That's so cute, what I want to know is, how did you sneak into my kitchen to film it? LOL

Tango- I baked the whole angel biscuit recipe (wow, it made a lot) Then I put into zip lock bags, froze some of them, the others I've been using for breakfast sandwiches....YUMO Loved the snowman too, he went into my favorites.

Jennifer- I have phyllo dough in my freezer too. Jess made some bokula (sp?) not to long ago and I want to find an appetizer recipe for some xmas parties we'll be going to. So hopefully, someone will have some good ideas!

Vicki- man, I feel for your hubby and son, I would cry if I had dental stuff right before thanksgiving or xmas dinner!!! Hope they're not in too much pain. Pass Tango's pumpkin bread down this way, will ya?

Eric- I'm so glad to hear that your new job is working out so well right off the bat! It sucks that you have to go through all that to get home, walking to the train and such...but hey, you'll keep in shape!

We watched DWTS last nite too. I loved the "lord of the dance" guy and his group. Wow, I kept rewinding it and watched it three times. I was a little shocked that Marie didn't go home, but after watching Jennie Garth and her shameful ploy to campaign for votes at Disney, I was glad she went home. I'm having a hard time rooting for a winner, I like both Mel B and Helio, so it's gonna be tough.

*****WARNING- Bachelor Spoiler ********

Anyone watch the "after the rose" show last nite? I just knew that when the show had got down to all the "sleep overs" I was turned off by that bachelor, now I know my instincts were right!!! What a complete JERK. I can understand not picking anyone, in fact, that part made me feel better, but to have lead both woman on like that!!!! He could have just said, gee, I just don't know what I'm gonna do! And how picky can a guy be? Especially when he said Deanna was EVERYTHING he'd been looking for in a wife. Ok, I'm done ranting now, whew, had to get that off my chest.

Well, I better go get busy. It's going to get up to 65 today, then the temps supposed to drop to 39 by tomorrow! I have to get my baking done before my menopause butt spontaniously combusts in that hot kitchen LOL
ddpie
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann_Marie_PA wrote:
http://www.jacquielawson.com:80/viewcard.asp?code=HY27482779
Smile
Here's another one...especially if you are tired of hearing "happy holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas."

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=IAckfn8yiAQ

Amen sista on the youtube video! Don't get me started....
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO DEAR BAKESPACE FRIENDS......WOW, looks like most of us are up early this morning...i was too but not that early! The Texas Sheet Cake is done and some of my morning chores are done as well, still have to figure out something for dinner tonite. when I think about all the food that will be eaten tomorrow, I almost want to skip dinner tonite and save room for tomorrow! I've been trying to think of something cute for the "Family Thanksgiving photo with the Bakespace sign" in it and right now I'm still thinking! It'll be fun though...can't wait to see everyone's pictures! We are in for some nasty weather....starting tonite. Thunderstorms 100% chance and cooler temps..with a chance of snow too! Yuck! I pray that any of you that are traveling have a safe trip! By the way, my computer or my server connection is acting funky ever since last nite, so if I can't get on you'll know why!

**TANGO, Boy you were up early! Me too,but not trhat early!I didn't go to bed until 2 this morning, then when I did go to bed, couldn't sleep and got up and watched the TV for about an hour.Hope you get your contacts to feeling better. I hate anything in my eye and still haven't ventured to wearing contacts! Hey since your DH is home, maybe he'll give you a hand in the kitchen...who knows you guys might have fun!

**ANN MARIE, I can't believe that Jims company can't tell him if he works Thanksgiving or not until the last minute! Don't they realize people do have families and ned to make plans for the holidays! If you end up going to your sisters and/or your Moms for the holiday dinner, please be careful! I agree with everything you said about DWTS! I was on the edge of my seat when it was down to Helio and Ginny. If the would have said Helio you're going home...I'd never watch that show again! Anyway, I clapped when they called Ginny's name..although she has made alot of inprovement during the season...it was way past time for her to go! I want so bad for Helio to win...he seems like such a natural and like you...I love his personality and his beautiful smile! Sounds like we are in for the same weather forcast! Yuck! Tnaks for the cute Thanksgiving Day card!

**JENNIFER, I don't think I have any appetizer recipes using Puff or phillo pastry, but I'll check! Did you check under appetizers on bakespace's home page? there might be something there? Try to enjoy your day and don't stress to much about everything you have to do. You are only one person...you do what you can and forget the rest. Hoildays are supposed to be fun!

**VICKI, Hope your son does well getting those Wisdom teeth pulled. I had all 4 of mine pulled years ago. This is a terrible time to have it done, but he won't forget this Thanksgiving, will he? There should be enough soft foods for him to eat, that he won't feel too left out! Your Blessing Mix sounds cute! Hope you enjoy your lunch with your daughter and the grandchildren!

**ERIC, Hey bath for tooshould help release the tension and make you feel better! How wonderful that you and your new boss have made such a good connection already. For him to tell you when the new-reorg comes into play, there will me more opportunities for you...that is Awesome! Do you always have to walk 20 minutes to the train? Good exercise, but in the rain and snow it would be nasty! Tell Carter happy Birthday for me...I know it'll be ahrd not being there for his special day, but maybe you and he can have a Father and son day to celebrate together...that would make him feel good. Looking forward to seeing your Thanksgiving Day pictures with Jodie included in them. Good luck on the quiting smoking! I quit about 6 years ago and it wasn't easy, but I quit cold turkey. I think that's the only way to quit......backing off alittle at a time, I think you're just fooling yourself. But let me tell you this...it was the best thing I ever did for myself and those I love! I feel so much betterand am a little richer too! The smell of cigeratte smoke about kills me now. I don't know how Jim put up with me smoking all those years...everyone in his family are non-smokers! Good luck to you Big Guy!

**DDPIE, Hey I said the same thing to Jim last nite about Ginny. Her comment about wanting to spend time with her children, so she took them to Disney...I told Jim she did that to drum up more votes...I too am glad it didn't work for her! Now the Bachelor....I didn't watch the "After the Rose" show last nite. I just didn't want to listen to all the whinning and all the excuses for why he didn't ask one of the girls to marry him anfter saying how much he cared about them both! Hope your day goes well today...keep warm after today1

Well, it'll be lunch time soon and Jimwill be here starvingI need to go russle something up for his lunch, maybea grilled cheese and Tomato soup...Yuck, but one of his favorites! I thought I'd surprise him and actually be dreesed today...I actually felt pretty guilty about being in my PJ's yesterday at noon time! I'll check back in alter this afternoon. You all have a productive BUT fun day! HUGS.....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6

Last edited by monkeybusiness on Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
queenietwo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everyone.

Boy are you all a bunch of early birds.

I was surprised at DWTS last night. I figured it would be between Jennie and Marie but figured it might be Marie. Oh well, she is likely next.

Tomorrow my daughter is back in Toronto so sometime today she takes off from New Zealand to Los Angles to Toronto. A long flight for her.

After I write my exam tonight, between 7 and 10, I will let you know how I think I have done. Unless it is like the previous exam where I had absolutely no idea. I had suspected I failed but I was so unsure I would not even hazard a guess. And then I really really failed it. It isn't all a waste of my time though. I now know why I am starting developing cataracts. It's age and I can't do a thing about it. I also know why I am near sighted in one eye and far sighted in the other. Weird huh? I started wearing glasses about 12 years ago to read and was told if both eyes had been one or the other I would have needed glasses a long time before. But then nobody has every accused me of being normal.

Have a good one everyone.

Marlene
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marlene, We missedeach other everytime don't we? Glad to hear your daughter is on her way home. I know you're excited to heat in more detail about all her adventures and to see all her pictures! Hey good luck on your exam...I'll send positive thoughts your way ! Have a good day! Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tango - that snowman is adorable!

Jennifer - just talked to Mom. Told her I would be down in the morning to pick her up...kind of back-tracking on my part but that's ok, I know she is worried about the weather. Told her if Jim isn't home I'll just stay until Friday. Smile She was happy with that.

Vicki - my sister and her middle boy both have contacts and they really like them. Might give it a try, just to see if I like them or not.

{{{Eric}}} - hope you are feeling better soon. Sucks to be ill on the holidays.

DDpie - I started to watch some of the bachelor just to see what those girls said to him...but I was exhausted after raking the backyard. Slept like a baby til about 5 AM, then was wide awake!

Debbie - Jim is hoping to find out "something" about his schedule when he gets back to the terminal this afternoon. Hope so. Tired of waiting and not knowing. Sad

Marlene - good luck!

Later,
Ann
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tee heee Debbie I took your advice & recuited DH!!

Do ya'll think I should paint over the sun?? I'm getting tired of it! Mom said I should make a wallhanging to cover it?? Ideas???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: