BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black Friday---November 23rd!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Motherof2Boys
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Black Friday---November 23rd!!! Reply with quote

Good Morning Bakespace Friends!!

Well I'm up and ready to walk out the door and thought I'd check in real quick before I left for our big shopping trip. My sister wants to get a Wii for her kids and thats going to be the 1st priority.

Had a great Thanksgiving dinner and topped it off with having my 2 nephews all within a year of my boys ages along with my 1 niece spend the night last night. Just a little chaotic last night but they were all sleeping by 9:30...not bad!!

Well I better fly, I'll check in later this afternoon!!

Jennifer

http://bakespace.com/?motherof2boys
EC
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a braver woman than I!!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/eric.cronwell?__a=1

http://bakespace.com/?ericmsdw2007
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Jennifer,Eric and all who come on later.
Beautiful cool morning here after yesterdays 72 degrees.Today it's suppose to only get into the mid 40's Brrrr.
I haven't been on in a while,I've still been busy with my granddaughters and my Dad's estate business.Then last Thursday I went to the doctor for my yearly check-up,to renew my blood pressure medicine while I was there I got a flu shot.Guess what the very next day I came down with something like the flu.I've been sick all week.We didn't even have a Thanksgiving dinner.DD and her family went to her in-laws,DH and I just ate sandwiches.My turkey is in the fridg. so I'm cooking our Thanksgiving dinner this Sunday.Better late than never.
Is anyone started putting up their Christmas decorations?We have.DH put up our two small outside trees the first day of November(said he didn't intend to be late this year)Since then we have put up a few more outside things but no inside ones yet.That will come this week.I love Christmas Very Happy

Jennifer,You are indeed a brave person to inter this morning shopping.I did it once and I have never done it again.Just can't handle the crowds.I wait til Tuesdays to do my Christmas shopping.Less people but no bargins.I guess it's a trade off.

Eric,I hope all's going well for you.Since I haven't been on much I'm kinda behind the times on whats been happening.

To any new people on that I haven't met yet Welcome!!

Better go get the girls their breakfast.

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs,
Pat
ddpie
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning bs buddies,

Boy I slept good last night for a change, but man, my back is sore today! Good luck with the shopping thing Jennifer, and anyone else who's crazy enough to brave the storm, I've never done, never will. I hate shopping to begin with HA! We live close to a big mall here, so I make sure I don't go out for ANYTHING, the traffic is bumper to bumper and takes you like 1/2 hour to go 1 block I think. Nope, not me, gonna sit and chill.

Debbie- your sign was really cute! (of course your family is too lol) My family thought I was nuts, but I don't care, I shamed them into it. I watched survivor last nite anyway and at least they had some scenes that hadn't been shown, so it wasn't too bad.

Eric- well, you did alright for yourself there kid, that Jodie is gorgeous!!! What a smile! I can see why you'd be so taken with her. Looks like you guys had a fun time. (tell her your big bakespace sis approves LOL) Your dinner sounded awesome. Thanks for posting pics Smile

Pat- good to see you again. I had to whiz through the posts last nite, I was so tired. Sorry I didn't see you! My FIL has been doing radiation for prostate cancer and was doing really well for awhile then he went without telling his doctors and got a flu shot! Needless to say, it kinda zapped him for a couple of days, but he is doing much better now. Glad to hear that things are starting to wind down for ya. Hope you find the time to stop in and say hey more often now, we all missed you Smile

grammadotcom- your cake looks awesome (as usual) Did you finish your cake class you were talking about? I can't wait for you to share some fondant tips!

Well I can't wait to hear how everyone's thanksgiving went. We had a really nice time, lots of GREAT food, my SIL did everything and she's an amazing cook. (actually, the ONLY cook in Jim's family) I took rolls, brownies, pumpkin pie and green bean casserole. I did the little leaf cutouts around the pie that we talked about on here (on another post) and everyone was so impressed LOL. I was trying to recruit some new bakespacers Wink Jim's dad looks really good too. I thought he was done with radiation, but he has one treatment left (he played hookie for one) I wanted to get a picture of him and Jim, they look so cute together.

Guess I'll hang out and wait on ya'll to post, can't wait to hear about everyone's thanksgiving. If you're shopping, be safe.......TTYL
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DDPie, I have my final on tuesday night. We have to make a cake with some of the. details we learned the past couple of lessons.I can do any kind of cake I want as long as it has some of the techniques on it.I haven't decided on what I am going to do yet. I had better get a move on it though or I won't be done.
I can give you some tips on fondant now. I will post some later.
We are going to my dd's this afternoon so I had better get up and get busy. I still have to make my stuffing and a pumpkin pie. we have everything else done.
I didn't go and do any shopping today either. I didn't want to fight the crowds.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
joybowes
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning buddies! Hope everyone had a great day yesterday. I got to eat my favorite thing last night - a turkey sandwich with mayo and cranberry sauce! Yummm - I look forward to that, more than the actual dinner I think. Well, I was one of the crazy people out there at 5AM! Started out at the Bon-Ton, then over to Sears and Penny's and finally to Walmart. I showed incredible restraint and only bought the items I had scoped out in the flyers yesterday - I'll save the browsing for daylight hours! What I purchased: The Soprano's complete season 1 (for my MIL), 2 kids 'laptops' - they're loaded with educational game and such. The Leaping Frogs board game, an electric razor (for my 16 yr. old son), Ratouille DVD (only $12!!) and that's it! I wasn't into all the electronics which was the majority of what the early bird specials were. After that my nieces and I (they went w/ me for the 1st time!) went to Perkins for breakfast. I had the tomato, bacon and spinich eggs benedict - yummm. Not I'm so full and tired that I might not be able to keep my eyes open much longer! When we got home, at 7:30AM, my kids, my SIL and everyone else had either just gotten up or were just starting to stir. It was strange shopping around here - it is really rural. In Richmond, there are 100 different stores within 5 miles - here, there's a dinky little mall and a Walmart - thats it! Oh well, I did the best I could. It was fun none the less. Hope everyone has a laid-back day today, eating leftovers and shopping if that's your thing. I was disappointed that Survivor wasn't a real one last night! I really want to see what was about to happen with them being made to stay at tribal council. Oh, and my husband - last night was the very first time he had watched Survivor this year and he was VERY interested in that skinny little twig we all dislike! Can you believe him? He has nerve - I told him we don't like her Smile and he can't either. Wink I'll check in with everyone later! Have a good one...

"You have brains in your head/You have feet in your shoes/ You can steer yourself/any direction you choose." - Dr. Seuss
http://bakespace.com/?joybowes
http://www.cookinglikeagrownup.blogspot.com/
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOP OF THE MORNING DEAR FRIENDS......It's a very chilly day here in WV, but it IS the end of Nov. We got a little bit of the rain they frocasted yesterday, but not an all day rain like I thought it'd be. I really didn't want to be carring food in and out of houses in the rain, plus I worry about Avayah getting sick. We had a really nice dinner and I made an extra Turkey breast for our house, as we like turkey sandwiches and I think I'm going to make that recipe that Vicki and Racheal Ray have a recipe too....Turkey and Stuffing Soup. I'll see if I can bring up the recipe for ya! it sounds really yummy though! I took the turkey carcess that still had a little bit of meat, skin and fat on it and made some broth for the soup....made a real rich broth and I can't wait to make it...probably tomorrow! I have another recipe to share with you all,but I need to get ti first. It was the Pumpkin Bread Pudding that Jim's Mom made...it was really good! I think today is going to be a do nothing day, as I was on my feet most of yesterday, until about 8 o'clock last nite and paid dearly for it with swelling and serve pain in my foot! So I'm staying off it today, even walking with crutches today. Tiffany just called, said that Mat just made a made dash to a store to pick up something they wanted to get the boys for Christmas and it was 1/2 price. He was actually lucky enough to get it! YEA! They are eating breakfast and Tiffany and the boys have to get thier flu shot today. I guess Avayah won't be able to get that expensive shot to keep her from getting RSV (the shot cost 1000$) and the doctor even called the insurance company and they still denied paying...said she wasn't at a high enough risk. So the doctor told Tiffany, just be carefull having her around public places and people that are sick this winter. I hope the boys do OK getting that shot...poor Cody is already stressing about it!

** JENNIFER, Hope you find lots of bargins today!Let us nknow about all the goodies you got. You sure had your hands full last nite, didn't you? Cody would have probably wanted to spend the nite if it hadn't been for the fact that they went to Mat's Grandparents house later.

** ERIC, Nice pictures of you and Jodi! She's a very pretty girl and you can tell she loves you alot. ..You make a nice looking couple! Glad you had a nice dinner and the pictures were good! Are you feeling better?

**PAT, So nice that you were able to stop in today. I miss talking with you, but I know you're busy with your parents estate. Sorry the ole flu shot made you sick.....that's what I'm afraid of when Tiffany and the boys get thiers today! Hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving day dinner tomorrow. I know what do you think of thse drastic temp change? One day it's mid 70's and the next day it 40! As far as Christmas directions.....Jim is on vacation next week, so I thought I'd see if he wanted to bring up the Christmas totes from the basement and decorate the inside and if he feels up to it the outside too. He's still having problems with that wrist that he injured this summer. Plus he has outside work to do with picking up the leaves that finally fell. Hope you feel better, so you can get your decorating done.

**DDPIE, You're Thanksgiving Family Bakespace pictures were really good as well. Very nice looking family! Sounds like you all had a nice dinner with lots of good food. There were probably a lot of tird women out in the world yesterday! I remember when my Mom was alive and well, she would work on Thanksgiving dinner for 3 days and when it was finally time to eat, she'd be to tired to enjoy it, but always enjoyed having all her Family around! I'm with you on the staying home today and not fighting the traffic! It'll be terrible!

**BABETTE, Had a lot of fun doing the Bakespace Thanksgiving picture activity. I'm enjoying looking at everyone's pictures. Can't wait to see yours. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving Dinner...did you do all the cooking or go to Family's?

**GRAMMA, Good luck on your test for the cake. You do good work and I think you'll ace the test. Hope you had a good dinner yesterday.

**JOY, I'll bet you ARE tired! Was it real crowded when you went shopping this morning? Glad you were able to get all those gifts on your list. They say electronics are hot items this year, that's probably why there was more of that sorta stuff on sale! Glad you had a nice dinner. Last nite about 8 o'clock, I fixed Jim and I a Turkey sandwich and some leftover Nodles and Jim took a couple bits of his sandwicha dnthen just sat there....I ask jim if he was Ok and he said yes, I'm just savoring the taste of this sandwich. So we are like you...we almost like the turkey sandwich more than the actual dinner itself! Yea I was more than a bit disappointed with Survivor being a re-cap show last nite! That's funny that your DH doesn't like "Twig" either!

Well, I guess I had better go get dressed. I might turn the heat up as I'm a bit chilly and I'm never cold. I'll difinitely be checking back in today sometime. HUGS......Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
queenietwo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everyone.

My poor daughter. She got back to her condo at 3:30 this morning. She had landed at LAX very early yesterday and her flight from there to Toronto was supposed to take off at 11:40 but it didn't leave until 6:16. It wasn't the fault of LAX but the weather conditions in Toronto. They got that big storm with the snow and ice and flights couldn't land so they didn't take off. So this made her younger brother spend another night dog sitting my grand dog in case she never made it home. He is a bit tired what with being woke up when she did get in and when he got up to go to work she hadn't even gone to bed yet. She wants to get on a regular sleep schedule. She's been two days without sleep. I haven't heard from her yet so she is likely washing clothes, playing with her dog and cleaning up after her brother.

Did everyone eat the estimated 5000 plus calories that the experts say would be consumed on Thanksgiving. Hope they are merciful and don't all hang around on the bodies. Glad it wasn't Thanksgiving in Canada even though I'd like some turkey.

I checked the photos out. Wish I knew how to post pictures but hang on. My son will be home in just over a month.

Have a great day everyone. And if you dare to shop today hope you get all the bargains that you are looking for.

Marlene
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK ...here's a recipe I seen Racheal Ray make one day last week on the Food Channel. It looked so good and another good way to use your "LEFTOVERS" from Thanksgiving. Hope you give it a try.

Turkey and Stuffin" Soup

INGREDIENTS
4 cups of leftover stuffing
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 medium carrots, chopped
2 ribs of celery, chopped
1 onion,chopped
salt and pepper
1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
2 quarts of chicken stock
1 1/2 pounds (aprox.2 cups) of cooked turkey, diced
a handful flat leaf parsely, chopped1 cup frozen peas, optional

DIRECTIONS
Prepare oven to 350* and transfer stuffing into a small baking dish and re-heat for 15 mins.
Heat a pot over moderate heat and add oilive oil. Work close to the stove and add vegetables as you chopped. Add carrots, celery, onion and lightly season with salt and pepper. Add bay leaf and stock and bring liguid to a boil by raising the heat. Add turkey and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until any raw vegetables are cooked tender, about 10 mins. Stir in the parsely and peas.
Remove stuffing from oven. Using an ice cream scoop, place a healthy scoop of stuffing in the center of the bowl. Laddle soup around stuffing ball. Your soup will look like a chunky matzp ball soup. Pull spoonfuls of stuffing away as you eat through your bowl of soup.

**MARLENE, Glad your daughter made it home finally. That's qwuit a long lay-over she had. Lots of snow in her hometown huh? I'm sure she be more than ready to get back on a regular sleep schedule again. I bet her dog was happy to see her. Hey, hope you can get some pictures post soon. Have a good day today! Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
EC
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb - much better, thank you!!

DD - Jodie's gonna love what you said, haha. THANK YOU big sis!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/eric.cronwell?__a=1

http://bakespace.com/?ericmsdw2007
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: