BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black Friday---November 23rd!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Sounds like everyone had a wonderful (and filling) Thanksgiving! Smile It mostly rained yesterday, but it did spit snow in the afternoon. I seen Mom looking out the window a couple of times, I think she was glad I drove.

We had a wonderful dinner...turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green beens and corn. Then pumpkin pie later. Mmmm!

Was clear down at Mom's when I left there, started coming home and the further north I came the more clouds and darker it got...was about 1/2 hour from home and it snow showered. It kind of quit, then it started to REALLY snow, we now have an inch on the ground. Hoping that it waits if it is going to snow more, Jim is on his way home. Smile Smile

Here is a picture of Benji in his new sweater Mom bought him:

Benji and I went for a walk a long the river and I got several pictures...it sure looks cold!

Going to go crash on the couch...I'm worn out from driving home.

Take care,
Ann Marie
fleur
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone

It sounds like everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Very Happy

I will now introduce myself. My name is Nancy, I'm married, we have a boy and a girl, and live in Ontario. It's nice to meet all of you Very Happy

I will pop in later,
Nancy
ddpie
Elite BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Nancy! I'm DD, married to a wonderful guy named Jim, we have 3 beautiful teenage daughters...I know.... Shocked LOL

Hope you make yourself at home, lots of friendly folks here, we all have lots of fun!
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nancy - nice to meet you. I live about a mile from Lake Erie, no kids (unless you count my husband Shocked LOL!!)...and we have a 17 year old Tortoiseshell female cat - - who is the queen in this house. Smile

Hope you come back to visit...we have good chats and lots of fun here.

Take care,
Ann Marie
Motherof2Boys
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Evening friends!!

I just did the something real stupid and deleted my whole post. I don't have time to repost so I'll get on tomorrow and try again.

Had a wonderful day of shopping with my sisters. Didn't see any pushing or shoving for items, seemed everyone was real courteous. We got to talking to quite a few people in checkout lanes and overall seemed everyone we talked to was experiencing the same. My sister ended up getting the Wii. When we got to Meijer at 3:45 she was 26th inline of 36 available. She was overjoyed!!

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Jennifer

http://bakespace.com/?motherof2boys
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO BAKESPACE FRIENDS......WOW.........I just had one of those light bulb moments that Oprah talks about!! I've have been noticing that I'm having a hard time breathing, have had to go up a size in my clothes and I know carrying this extra weight is one reason my foot and back hurt all the time! Tonight Jim and I took the kids out for dinner to one of those all you can eat buffet and althought I only ate one hot plate of food and a little bowl of sherbert....I almost couldn't walk out of there, because I copuldn't breath! Not that's when I had my Light Bulb Moment!!! I had a little talk with myself and said...Debbie you are getting older and you're about 100 pounds over-weight, don't exercise and prime canidate for a heart attack!! It's time to take charge of my own destiny...I'm not ready to give up my Life because of FOOD! I need to be here to ewatch my Grandchildren grow up and grow old with my JIM! Tonite is the day that it's eat healthy and drink more water and down size my food portions!!! I know some would think that it's easy to say this now, since I just finished eating and have a full tummy....But I've been thinking this for afew days now and kept saying wait until after the holidays...but there's no better time than the present! Wish me luck, but I know I can do it. I think I will journal my adventure!

**ERIC, So glad you're feeling better today....Must have been that TLC you got yesterday!!

**ANN MARIE, Glad you made it home safely from your Mom's. Has Jim made it home yet? Do they have him on the schedule for next week? Benji's new sweater is real cute on him. We bought a sweater for our Pit- Kujo several years ago and he actually like it. But the neighborhood dogs must have been talking some bad s--t about him looking like a sissy and it hurt him male ego and now he won't let us put it on him! Go Figure! Boy those pictures of the rivrer do look cold! Burrr!

**NANCY, Hi and Welcome! Glad to have you join us...stop in anytime! By the way, I received your e-mail about the Christmas Card Exchange and will be getting a list compiled for us this week-end...so check your mail probably Sunday! I've been married to a wonderful man for 25 yrs. We have 2 cats, 1 dog still living at home and a grown daughter who's married to a wonderful man. He's a good husband , hard worker and good daddy too. They have blessed Jim and I with 3 beautiful grandchildren 2 boys that are almost 5 in Dec and almost 2 in Jan and a little girl who is 3 mo old! I live in Wild and Wonderful West Viriginia!

**JENNIFER, Don't ya just hate it when you do something and the very second you do it and can't take it back...it dawns on ya?? Glad you and your sister had a good day shopping and the natives were friendly..sorta speak!! How nice that your sister was able to get one of thise wii systems...that must the gift to have this year...by the sounds of it!

Well, I think I'll go out and pay my sweetheart some attention andelevate my feet as both my legs and feet are very swollen! By the way thnaks for listening to all my rambling in this post......I just had to tell someone about my moment! You all ahve a restful nites rest! Until tomorrow moring....HUGS, Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motherof2Boys wrote:
Good Evening friends!!

I just did the something real stupid and deleted my whole post. I don't have time to repost so I'll get on tomorrow and try again.

Had a wonderful day of shopping with my sisters. Didn't see any pushing or shoving for items, seemed everyone was real courteous. We got to talking to quite a few people in checkout lanes and overall seemed everyone we talked to was experiencing the same. My sister ended up getting the Wii. When we got to Meijer at 3:45 she was 26th inline of 36 available. She was overjoyed!!

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Jennifer

Oh.... that's such a bummer. Sad Monkey - I had a great thanksgiving. I need to recharge my camera. We took a few pics. I'll post tomorrow. Eric... did you ever get that Wii?

Hope you guys had a great day at the mall or where ever your shopping feet took you. I stayed in all day (except for a walk earlier). I just couldn't bring myself to go into a store. We're about to head out to a birthday party... 10pm.. I know kind of late. I was working on the redesign all day..

Have a good night!

My BakeSpace Kitchen: http://bakespace.com/?babs
Facebook: http://facebook.com/bakespace
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bakespace
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bakespace
Instagram: http://instagram.com/bakespace
Download our free app: http://bit.ly/cookbookcafe
Make your own cookbook: http://bakespace.com/cookbooks
Attend our food blogger conference: http://techmunchconf.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: