BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday, November 6 - Good Morning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lovecooking
Garde Manger Chef

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

It is getting close to the time for the CMA awards but I wanted to check in. Hope you all have had a wonderful day!

We just put all my Christmas dishes in the china cabinet and I'm sitting here with flavored coffee, enjoying the evening. I can't believe Thanksgiving is getting closer all the time. We are so excited!

Linda, I also get up early. We usually drag out of bed, looking pretty rough, pile in my car and head to the stores when they open at 5 am. My sister in law, my daughter and I map out our plan the night before with all the ads. We take cell phones to call each other within the store and then meet up with my other sister in laws for breakfast, more shopping, then lunch! We don't necessarily NEED anything we are looking for, just enjoying the challenge and fun!! We laugh all day!!

I think we should start a string of what everyone is doing for Thanksgiving and what recipes you use. I will start it but tell me where is best to post it. Should I do it in the TOH forum or the HOLIDAYS forum? I'm new to this and not sure what works best.

Have a great evening!

Suzanne
SoCalScottishGal
Senior Sous Chefs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon Holly and thank you for the cute tag. I love it. I'm with you, let's over to Kelo's for supper tonight LOL.

Hope you have a great evening. It's 97 degrees here, a record breaker, not at all like November.

Think I'll heat up some left over Hungry Boy Casserole.
~Jan~
SoCalScottishGal
Senior Sous Chefs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, just missed you Suzanne. Sounds like you all have a reall good time on Black Friday and you sound well prepared with the cell phone contact, great idea. The only part I don't care for is the parking problems here in Calif. I have to take my Mom to the Doctor that day at 11:15, so hope everyone is out shopping so we get in and out of the Doc quickly LOL, it usually takes 1 1/2 hrs to get in see him and leave he's so popular. Hummm, maybe we can get some lunch and then some shopping in that day after all. Talk to you later.

~Jan~
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checking back in here. Sorry, I didn't know y'all were coming for dinner, but I have some leftovers. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Evening, Friends!
Dishes are washed. Both my husband and son are gone for little bit. I made that famous One Dish Chicken Stuffing recipe, and added extra chicken for a no fuss meal tomorrow night.

-- Kathy, glad to see you back.
-- Monkeybusiness, my daughter will be 26.
-- Anita, your 79 degree weather sounds inviting.
-- Redawna, you are in my prayers.
-- Sheryle, I've had that problem in the Tea Room. I arrive, just as everyone has left.
-- Kenna Lou, I hope you have leftovers to share. Plus, it would be my first taste of black eyed peas. Throw in a couple bites of cinnamon bread ---- WOW!!
-- Holly, Linda, and Linda - Do you give lessons??
-- Jan, we've had drizzly, gray, 50-ish weather. Definitely, not a southern Cal day. (maybe a northern Cal day)
-- Linda and Suzanne, I haven't participated in the Black Friday for a few years. With so many family members out of state or out of the country, we've had to mail early. (When my son and son-in-law were overseas, they preferred anything eatable.)

Vicki
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you haven't told me what the black eyed peas taste like!! Very Happy

Vicki
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm! Never tried Black eyed peas? Well, of course the best kind are fresh! Nothing else tastes like them, not even the frozen ones! Sorry to say that I always used canned ones. I have tried many brands of them and the best by far are "Bush" brand that have snaps in them. The Bush brand without snaps taste different to me, so I always buy the ones with snaps. I can only find them at one grocery store here in town.

I don't know how to describe the taste, but they are great! I think they are one of those things that you either love or hate Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: