BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tuesday November 14, 2006
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Tuesday November 14, 2006 Reply with quote

Good Morning all
I am surely tired home late from a meeting and then doing all the usually things before bed. Didn't sleep well because I am getting a cold, which I can't get cause of the surgery.
Have school, the dentist and then a meeting at my house tonight. I hope these ladies don't stay to late.
Made stuffed artichokes, salad and soup for tonight's dinner, everyone coming home at different times.
I can't wait for the weekend, don't have anything booked. I plan on going to craft fairs and shopping for Christmas gifts.
Yesterday I made the following recipe because my DD loves this on bagels and in yogurt and since I am not doing Thanksgiving I made it for her
Cranberry Strawberry Relish

1 10 oz. bag frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
1/2 cup sugar
1 12 oz. bag fresh cranberries
(about 3 cups)

Recipe
About 3 1/2 hours before serving or a day ahead:
1. Drain syrup from strawberries,into 1 cup measuring cup. Add enough water to equal 1 cup liquid. Set strawberries aside.
2. In a 3 qt. saucepan over high heat, heat syrup mixture from strawberries, sugar, and cranberries to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cranberries pop.
3. Stir strawberries into mixture. Spoon relish into bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 3 hours. Makes 3 cups
Each 1/4 cup about 70 calories, 0 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1 mg. sodium

Well everyone have a great day
Motherof2Boys
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Wargofive and all to follow!!! Have had a couple busy days as my DH is getting ready for deer season. I'm preparing some homemade goodies for him to share with his buddies.
Went to school board meeting last night...not good losing students. Will have to close the school if the #'s don't come up Crying or Very sad . I sure hope that doesn't happen.
Since were having the family Christmas at our house this year, I really want the house to look festive. I went to Hobby Lobby last night after work and picked up a couple wood Santa figueres. I think I might go to a dollar store and see what I can find there. I'm just looking for knick knack things. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Well I hope you all have a great Tuesday. Smile

http://bakespace.com/?motherof2boys
anita
Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: good morning Reply with quote

Smile Good morning Wargofive and mother2boys. Hope you are having a good morning. I am going to gather up my baking supplies today. I am going to start baking tomorrow for thanksgiving.

Everyone have a Great day!!!!!!!!!!!
babs
Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Tuesday November 14, 2006 Reply with quote

wargofive wrote:
Cranberry Strawberry Relish

1 10 oz. bag frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
1/2 cup sugar
1 12 oz. bag fresh cranberries
(about 3 cups)

Recipe
About 3 1/2 hours before serving or a day ahead:
1. Drain syrup from strawberries,into 1 cup measuring cup. Add enough water to equal 1 cup liquid. Set strawberries aside.
2. In a 3 qt. saucepan over high heat, heat syrup mixture from strawberries, sugar, and cranberries to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cranberries pop.
3. Stir strawberries into mixture. Spoon relish into bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 3 hours. Makes 3 cups
Each 1/4 cup about 70 calories, 0 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1 mg. sodium

Yum... thanks!
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon all! Where is everyone today? Busy, I guess. I know with me there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day lately. Can't believe next week is Thanksgiving!

Have a great afternoon!

Hugs, Kenna Lou
Lagar
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone,
Check out my post about the books and let me know if you would like any. They are in good shape.
Just got home for work and have to get dinner going so see ya later.
Linda

[/img]
SoCalScottishGal
Senior Sous Chefs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even thought it's 7:25 PM I just had to pop in and say hi and read everyones posts. Hope you all had a great day today. I couldn't find time to even turn on the computer this morning before I left. I just now got the dishes washed from dinner and had to peek in for a minute.

Like most of you I just can't seem to wrap my brain around the fact that Thanksgiving is next week. Havent even started my menu yet. I just realized that I better get the turkey so I can start defrosting it in the fridge starting Sunday.

One thing I know I am making for sure on Thanksgiving is Star's "The Bestest Sweet Potato Casserole Ever". I made it two nights ago to test it and WOW is it good. Very Happy

Hope I can get a few extra minutes in the morning to drop in and say hi.

Good night everyone,
~Jan~
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Evening LINDA W, MOTHEROF2BOYS,KENNA LOU, LINDA L, BABETTE and ANITA.......How's eveyone this lovely evening. I just got finished watching "Dancing with the Stars." Oh my was MARIO good. His 2nd dance, I almost forgot to breath!! LOL I sure do hope he wins. Tomorrow will tell! Don't get me wrong I think that Emmett is good too, but MARIO seems to have a natural talent and it shows! Does anyone else watch the show? Tomorrow is last nite of the season. Same thing foe PRISON BREAK...I watch that on Monday nites and next Monday will be thier last show of the season. What ever happened to the fall shows lasting til at least the first of spring?
I played with my 2 DGS's today and then when DD got off work ,we went shopping and paid bills. We got home about 5 mins. before DH, so we ordered pizza for dinner. Blake (my youngest DGS..almost 10 mos.) is starting to walk took 5 steps yesterday and today. I told Cody (almost 4 yrs.) it won't be long Blake will be chasing him down the hall.
Well, I'm goona get off here and go check out the TOH site. I'll check in tomorrow, hopefully a little bit earlier. Take care ......Debbie Very Happy

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello JAN...I just missed ya...you popped in while I was typing. Hope you had a great day dear friend. Debbie Very Happy

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BABETTE....Would you have any idea why my post have an EDIT (with sciorrs) and a box with an " X " in it ??? This has been happening ever since we had board trouble last week! Thanks for any info on this you may have. Debbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: