BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thursday, November 16 - Good Morning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon everyone! WooHoo it's Friday!!! I won't even try to mention all the names because I'm afraid I'll forget someone. I have noticed that we haven't heard fron Kenna Lou, or KY Kate in several days, I wonder what's up?

What can I say, other than it's a wonderful Friday afternoon and I just got back from eating a terrific lunch at Bob Evan's and even brought back some banana bread to have later with a cup of tea. Yum! Suzanne and I went to a Lia Sophia jewelry party last night that one of our coworkers hosted, and had a great time. I, of course, spent too much money, I bought two bracelets and one pair of earrings - too bad I have to wait three weeks before I get them. Then when I got home I couldn't get to sleep so logged on to the computer and before I knew it, it was 1 AM and I have to get up at 5 AM to get ready for work, so I've been sleepy all day. Wouldn't you think a 49 year old woman would know better? LOL!

I love to read about all of your grandchildren. I always loved taking care of my nieces and miss that now. Most of them have children of their own, but the littlest ones all live too far away for me to spoil. Never really wanted children of my own, but would love to be a grandmother. Hmm - a bit difficult to do without having children...

Debbie - you asked how I was feeling. Much better! I was getting awfully sick at first while getting used to the Byetta, but have now gotten past that. Yesterday was my first sick free day within the last week and today I actually had an appetite - not necessarily a good thing. Laughing

Linda - would you mind sharing your cupcake recipe, it sounds delish!

Well gotta get back to work - have a great day!

Sheryle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - Here is the update on the Pay Day Bars.
I made the extra gooey variation. My husband walks in the door, he sees the container and takes a couple. Later my son walks in, and does the same thing. Rolling Eyes (Both were appreciative.)

Conclusion
It must be the gooey peanut butter that draws them in. Neither knew I made them. Wink

Vicki
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry! The last post was from me.
Vicki
Lagar
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheryle I sent you the recipe Wink
Vicki- wish I lived near you Very Happy I would of smelled them also!
Linda

Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi y'all. Sheryle, thanks for missing me. Everything is okay, it just seems like there are not enough hours in the day lately. I can't seem to find the time to post here these past few days.

Went this morning and got most of my stuff for the food for Thanksgiving Day. It will just be myself, husband and our 3 kids, unless we hear of someone who has no place to go and then of course, they are invited to eat with us. Since it will just be my family, I'm not going overboard on desserts and all. Here's what we are having:

Turkey & Ham
Dressing
Gravy
Potato Casserole
Green Bean Casserole
Frozen Strawberry Salad
Some type of dinner rolls, don't know what yet
Pumpkin Pie w/French Vanilla Cool Whip (yum)
Pecan Pie
Turtle Cheesecake (bought from a school fundraiser)

That's it!

Like I said, I just haven't had enough time to do everything that I need to these past few days which is why I haven't posted. I have missed you all. Hope to catch some of you in the Tea Room this weekend.

Hugs, Kenna Lou

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone
Well I dragged myself to school this morning, I should have stayed in bed. Then I had to drop off stuff at my sisters, then to the Girl Scout Council office. When I got home I took a nap. DH took me to place to pick up wrapping paper for Christmas and then to Costco. I made dinner, only leftovers and now I am off to run a Girl Scout event for K - 1st graders
I am so tired, I think the medicine is making me sleepy. I can't wait to come home and just crawl into bed. My twins are in the city tonight and older DD is going out so I don't sleep well till they come home.
I have so much to do in the house, I guess tomorrow is another day. I hope I have the energy to do it. Though there are many craft fairs tomorrow, so maybe I will save up the energy for them.

Well everyone have a great night
Linda
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Evening FRIENDS.... I'm wore out and it's only 6:15 EST! Ended up having the meatloaf tonite for dinner ,only because I sat in front of the computer too long yesterday afternoon and no time to get it made and baked by 5:30! So did tonite and DD had to woork out out town agin and still isn't home. He missed agood hot dinner: meatloaf, mashed potatoes with gravy, brocolli with cheese sauce,applesauce and hot rolls. The boys ate like there was no tomorrow. Dear sweet Cody says..."Grandma you make delish meatloaf and mashed potatoes, BUT I don't like this brocolli with it still on the tree stems. Blake bless his heart loves mashed potatoes and applesauce and tried to give him a wee little pieces of brocolliand he wanted no part of that. So now the rest of the nite will be making brownies with CODY and then he wants to plat inthe tub!
*****LINDAL, I tried to put that poem over on TOH Board and it said text to long.Well there's no wayto shorten it. As far as the TOH Christmas card exchange last year, no I just joined the TOH Board this past April. Was "tuna mousse" your TOH Nickname? Hey,I would also love to have the recipe for "CHEESECAKE CUPCAKES." You know when I worked outside the home, I would always bake something for everyone to eat. I loved doing that because it gave DH and I a chance to snack on something sweet, but not have it around the house.
*****JAN, Our fur-babies are just like our children aren't they. My DD wants a cocker spaniel puppy for Christmas and I told her she doesn't need one. They already have a cat and a dashound puppy and 2 young boys. I told her dogs need shots every year and you could spend a small bundle on vet bills if they get sick or hurt. Now whether she takes my advice is another story*****ANITA, Honey balls, I think have been sold on QVC during the holiday and they are really, really juicy! Did I ever tell you I use to live in FLORIDA? Lived in town but mostly out at the beaches! Moved to Ohio in 1968 and finished school here, fell in love and never returned to Florida.
*****SHERYYLE, TGIF too is what I say!So glad your feeling better. Now don't go and over extend yourself this week-end! That was a cute statement about wanting to be a "GRANDMA' but didn't have any children to give you any. I'll tell you what...I see alot of things these boys do that amazes me and I know that DD probably did them too, but when your a working mom you don't take time to enjoy the little things that they do. I'm having so much fun with the boys...I just wish I was able to get around better with my bad foot..can't hardly walk at times.
*****KENNA LOU, Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds sooo good. Sometimes I would rather just stay home and cook for my own family. That's what DD is going to do at Christmas! I told her I don't blame her...then the boys will have a chance to play with thier toys and not be rushed off to someone elses house.

Well girls..I gotta go..CODY is saying are you done ,can we take a bath now...so off to play GRANDMA again. I'll try to get on tomorow, but I have the kids til noon, then they admitted my MOM to the hospital tonite with Congestive heart failure, So I'll be going over to the hospital as soon as the kids go home. PLEASE say a little prayer for my MOM would you? THANKS! You ALL take care....Debbie Very Happy

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi LINDA W....I'M SORRY I missed saying hi, but CODY's been hurring me along. Sounds like you need to rest and get those kids of yours to help you out. I hope that didn't offend you, but if they can run they can help thier sick mamma! If I was there i'd come over and help you put honestly! Gotta go and give these boys a bath. Take care and please baby yourself! Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
ms.meredith
Commis Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: HEllo Everyone!!! Reply with quote

Anyone remember me??
Life hs been just a bit too crazy and the last 4 daysa off center. My daughters boyfriend, Jake, broke up with her on Sun/Mon online!!! They dated all last summer, fell in love and Jake left in early August on a family vacation and they droped him off at school in Colorado!!! He flew here for Allies 17th birhday weekend. Allies brother threw a party for her!!
Everything was going fine, and poof, they are talkingg abut breaking up. Jake is. THe distance is too difficult for him.. Allies heart is torn. She tried to go to school Tuesday and I ended up picking her up. Stayd home WEd. and Thurs. Today she went to school and is at a movie with a friend!!

Spent 3 days being as suportive as I can, although Jake is home for Turkey DAy and they do plan on seeing one another. A small part of my heart, an eternal optimist, hopes he sees her and his resolve anishes. He wrote in an email to me this week that "but for now" this is his decision..
Anybody think there is any hope???

ms. meredith
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: