BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FRIDAY IS FINALLY HERE, GOOD MORNING TOH BBER'S!!! :o)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Holly
Thank you so much
now can you tell me how you did it??
Most of my siggies are over 10kb and will need this information for next month's change
Linda
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is easy. Just re-size or reduce your images to less that 80 pixels wide by 80 pixels tall. If you run into this problem next time, I have it saved, so won't be such a hassle Very Happy
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD AFTERNOON HOLLY,ANITA,SHERYLE,LINDA W, ......How's everyone today? Sorry I didn't make it back on last nite. We didn't make it back home until 8:00 pm and by the time we feed all our fur-babies and I put leftovers that we brought home away.....DH beat me to the computer. But that was OK...as I was feeling sooootired and my foot was causing me sooo much pain. I took a pain pill and sat in the recliner and feel asleep. DH didn't get off the computer til 11:30,by then I was in bed.
We had a really nice day yesterday...We ate at Jim's parents and and Jim's mom really out did herself with the cooking. After we ate and got the dishes donewe had a B'day party.....for me!! I was surprised, because it's not until this Sunday! We then went to my niece's home and DH ate some more....not me I was in too much pain to walk over to the buffet to see what all the had. So I just sdat and visited with everyone! The girls (my sisters) all did a good jod getting a nice dinner fixed ...but it just didn't seem like a hoilday without my mom's cooking or her being there. Jim and stopped and visited with them for a while at the end of the day. Mom is feeling a little bit better...a little better each day is good, I told her.

*****HOLLY< Your graphics are really cute ..I like Garfield also! So sorry to hear you are sick. I wonder if you have the flu? I know it going around here in our area and a lot of people are getting it and also the step throat. Hope and pray you start feeling better soon..take care of your self. If I lived closer..I'd make you a pot of "Chicken Noodle Soup"
((( HOLLY ))) hugs for ya!
*****ANITA> So glad that you and your family had such a good Thanksgiving day dinner. EVERYONE "always" fixes way too much food, but we all like turkey sandwiches too. We usually eat holiday dinner with family and I usually fix dinner anyway so we'll have leftovers. NO shopping for me ...if I were a little younger and able to wa.lk...I'd probably go shopping. DD's DMIL went shopping at 5:00 this morning! Has been calling all day telling DD what good bargins she's finding. DD had to work today.
*****SHERYLE> How did you do yesterday? I'm so glad you weren't alone. Was dinner good? Did you say you went shopping today? It
ll be good for you to visit your other sis to. Hope you have a good visit with her.
*****LINDA W> So how you do yesterday? I see your trying to put other pics. on your post..good luck ..Holly and babette are always so good to help. I'm evidently too slow to pick up on it. and I have tried, but not long enough!! I like the cat Christmas tree!

WELL GIRLS, I have to go check out "MYSPACE " and see if anyone has left me any messages. If any of you guys would be interested in checking out my site _e-mail me and I'll e-mail the addy for it. I'm also watching the boys today and thier dad will be here in about 1/2 hour and we need to get two rooms of toys picked up and put away. I'll check in later this evning. Take care...Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie - you certainly had a busy day yesterday no wonder you were tired and your poor foot hurt. I hope you're doing better today. That was nice that you had a surprise birthday! I know what you mean when you say you missed your Mom and her cooking yesterday. My eldest sister does a wonderful job, she's a lot like Mom when it comes to holiday's and her cooking, but it still isn't the same. I'm glad your mother is improving! As you said - a little better each day is good.

My Thanksgiving was nice. There were 17 of us there - actually a small group for us. We had tons of food and, of course, I ate too much. My eldest brother and my sister in-law were there, which was nice. They live in Marion, Indiana so we don't get to see them a lot. My other brother had told my sister he would be there, but called later to say he wouldn't make it. I was actually a bit bored, because I'm so used to taking care of Mom at our family functions - I always got her plate ready and made sure she had plenty to eat, and sat by her side the whole time. It was a nice time though, just very different.

I didn't make it to my other sisters house - I ended up with a headache so just stayed home. Maybe tomorrow...

I emailed you about being a Myspace friend.

Sheryle
Lagar
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Just got home from shopping. Went to all the stores and have now I have to sort it all out.
Hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving and I'll try to get back on later.
Linda
pattit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon to Holly, Anita, Sheryl, Linda, Debbie and anyone else who visits here today. My Thanksgiving went off really smoothly. I had one moment of panic when I lifted the lid on the crockpot stuffing, I had never made it that way before, it sure did smell burnt. I had gotten one of those new crockpot liners free in the mail and decided to try it out. The dang thing burned so bad it even had a hole in it. Thank heavens I had made a huge amount of stuffing, we just ate out of the center and that part tasted fine. I guess I will change things with that for next year! Holly so sorry that you have been feeling so sick lately. I am glad that your honey took such good care of you. Sorry also for the ones who missed their loved ones this year, it gets easier, I didn't even want to have Thanksgiving the first year without my Mother, but now it is a tradition that everyone comes here to celebrate. It is the time of year that I wish we had a bigger house! I ended up having to set up three tables for people to sit at. It doesn't look like a Norman Rockwell Thanksgiving but we all enjoyed the food and the company and I guess that is what counts. Holly that kitty graphic was so darned cute! Enough words for now, Patti.
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Patti
So sorry the Crockpot liner burnt the stuffing. I make mine in there and have no problems. I start it on low and after about 2 hours put it on to keep warm and every hour open the lid and add the moisture from the lid back in. I love the Crockpot liners. Actually not to offend but in my house we call them Crockpot condoms. There is no mess after you cook that's the best part.
My thanksgiving was stressful, DD had one of her moods and started in with me. Brought me to tears, I really didn't feel like going out, but I went.
My sister made all the usually things, my recipes of course. Sent me home with all the leftovers because they don't eat them. She had an announcement, was made the CEO of the credit union.
I feel very glad for her, but very sad for my DH. having never recovered from 9/11.
Well we just ate the leftovers, taste even better the second day. Not such a good day today either, DD is out of control, really needs to speak to a professional on her anger. But according to her she is fine. I just put up the Christmas decorations today and wrapped some. Will finish up tomorrow.
Wednesday is the surgery so have to gear up for that mentally. I will be away from the computer for a while. I will definitely have withdrawals
Well talk to everyone tomorrow

Linda
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi to ALL....DD and I went shopping...well not really shopping like most have done today...but I did buy DSIL a birthday gift. DD is going to have a combined Birthday dinner for her DH and myself this coming Tuesday!

*****SHERYLE, I just checked my e-mail before I came over here and the only friend request to "MYSPACE" that I seen was from HOLLY. I got a message on this board from KELO that she wanted to check it out. After I get done here I'll go back and check again, maybe it came in after I left. I'll let you know OK?

*****PATTI, I'm always very nervous when I try something NEW, especially when it involves other peopleI would have been nervous making the dressing in the crockpot,let alone using a liner. I've always wanted to have a holiday dinner table that looked like NORMAN ROCKWELL. The only problem is...we are never home for me to fix our own family dinner. And now if I could fix it myself I couldn't...well maybe with a little help from DD. I'm really very impressed with her homemaking abilities.I never thought she'd ever be able to cook (she didn't at home) and I didn't think she ever be interested in decorating and keeping a clean house(she sure was interested in that at home) So I guess as they grow up and have thier own things...it becomes more meaningful to them.

*****LINDA W, So sorry you're having trouble with your DD! How old is she? When they're teenagers they DO think they know it all and always have an attitude. My DD was the same way ...ATTITUDE, HATEFUL and always thinking we owed her something. When both of us worked ...I guess I did tend to SPOIL her. But that came to hault when both of lost our jobs at the same time. And you know I think it did her some good, because you have to re-evaluate what is really important to ya. Don't give up on her...it'll get better ,but not for a while. Give it a few years after she gets out of school and is living out onher own and realizes that youaren't doing for her any longer and she gets ataste of what the "REAL WORLD" is like. Then she will come to RESPECT you a lot more . Sorry to ramble>Sad Hey I'm hoping to get a good start on my decorating this week-end. I usually wait for another week...but it's going to be warm and if dh is going to decorate outside this would be a good time! OF course I told him he needed to take the motorcycle and go on the CHRISTMAS TOY RUN Sunday. Loved the pic. of the hot chocolate mug!..

Well I'm gonna get going...I REALLY need to stop over to the TOH Board to...I haven't been there for a few days. You all have a good evening and I'll chat with you tomorrow/ TAKE CARE....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: