BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saturday, November 25
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Saturday, November 25 Reply with quote

Good morning everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday and that those who dared to go out and shop got some great deals! I don't shop the day after Thanksgiving - I don't like the crowds.

I don't have a lot planned for today. I'm getting ready to go to the laundromat and then may go the the Kitchen Aid store with my sister this afternoon. If we don't go to the Kitchen Aid store, I'll just run some errands.

Better get going - if I wait too long the laundromat gets too busy. Although, it may not be bad today, since most of the students went home for Thanksgiving.

Have a great day!

Sheryle

Last edited by cookiebakr on Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lagar
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Sheryle and all to follow,

I was on early but figured I would let someone else start the morning thread- I don't need anymore comments that I post to much Crying or Very sad

Yes- I went shopping yesterday and had a blast. We didn't go to the usual places- no malls or big box stores. We went to little local stores that people tend to not shop in.

Sheryle: hope it's nice in Ohio so you don't have to drag your laundry out in the rain.Kitchen Aid store sounds like a place I would love to shop!

Holly: Hope you are feeling better.

Oh- I did want to tell you I bought a Rosemary tree. It's makes the house smell so nice! I wanted to buy one last year but they were very expensive. I found a little one yesterday for $11.00 Very Happy

Have a good day.
Linda
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning all
Today I am going to brave the stores, with one of my DD. I haven't bought her anything for Christmas, cause she really wants clothes to teach in and I need her to pick them out.
Have most of the wrapping done, decorations are almost finished as well. Just the tree which will be put up today. Went light on the decorating this year with me going into the hospital. Didn't know how I am going to put them away.
Does anyone watch General Hospital? I have since I have been a kid with a little time off when I worked. Watched the wedding of Luke and Laura on Soap net last night. Nice to see old faces from the past. I wonder what happened to most of them.
Making a roasted chicken in my Crockpot today for dinner. Haven't decided what else to make with it. Giada was on this morning making caramelized onions and they looked so good.
Well off to get some breakfast, everyone have a great day
Linda
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since my infamous furniture moving in our house by myself 3 days ago, still am barely able to walk:roll:
Praying everyone has a blessed, safe, fun & pain-free weekend Very Happy
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Sheryle, Linda, Linda W., Holly and all to follow,

No shopping yesterday or today. We've had a "catch-up" day with the house relatively empty, while my son catches up with all his friends in different school districts. I've seemed to accomplish much more without rush and pressure.

(No Christmas decorations up, yet. We'll wait a week or two.)

Hugs,
Vicki
pattit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Vicki, Linda, Linda W., Holly, Sheryle and everyone else that checks in today. Linda, I was hoping that you didn't see that nasty post. I don't think anyone else thinks you post too much, so post away. I don't have much planned for today, may bake some cookies for hubby to take along hunting, he is leaving tomorrow for a meeting about the land we own in New York, can you believe that someone would have the nerve to steal the timber off our property, we have captured him on film and are still having trouble, they supposedly have issued a warrant for arrest for him, but I am wondering if we will ever see the money that he made off our timber. Some people really have the nerve don't they? We haven't started putting up our decorations yet either, I usually like to get them up before hubby leaves for hunting, but not seeing that in the works for this year. Sheryle, I remember the days of the laundromat, and how much I hated them, I hope it isn't crowded and like Linda said that you have good weather. Holly how are you feeling? Linda, I love cooking with rosemary. I usually grow some, but somehow forgot to plant some this year. Have a great weekend everyone!
Patti
SoCalScottishGal
Senior Sous Chefs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon Sheryle, Linda L, Linda W, Holly, Vicki, Patti and anyone who comes in after me.

Sheryle- Sure hate that you have to go out in the bad weather to do the laundry Sad . I am also doing my laundry today and if we lived closer we could have coffee and do it here together my friend. Very Happy

Linda L- Please donít pay any attention to the person who posted something about you. I didnít see it but read about it here. I was only on the computer for a few min. yesterday morning before work and checked out TOH but didnít get over here. Just ignore them and post all you want to, I like your posts. Very Happy
Last Christmas I was in such a deep state of grief that didnít want to put up a tree and when my GF came by she said, oh no you donít and came by the next day with a Rosemary tree shaped like a Christmas tree and all the trimmings including little twinkie lights. Itís the best tree I ever had and I always have a great big huge beautiful tree. The love behind that tree made it so special to me and I will never forget that kindness. I didnít realize how I actually did need some kind of Christmas spirit in the house. I planted it after Christmas and have enjoyed it ever since. The rosemary is good in my ďTuscan Herb Roasted VegetablesĒ I posted here on BakeSpace.

Linda W- I used to watch GH all the time when I was younger. I think the marriage of Luke and Laura was the best show they ever had. I remember how romantic it all was.
Sounds like you have it all together with the tree up and most of the presents wrapped, good for you. Wish I was so organized.

Holly- So sorry your feeling so bad, hope you feel better real soon. HereĎs a warm hug for you (((Holly))). I put my back out one time mowing the lawn. My DS had hung snowflakes for the holiday with fishing twine and when he took it down he jerked it down and the fishing twine went into the mower and put my back out trying to manhandle the thing, so I feel your pain.
That is the cutest siggy you posted this am. Laughing It reflects exactly how I feel right now LOL.

Vicky- Enjoy your peace and quiet while you have it hon. This house has been so quiet for so long now I have come to enjoy the peace it brings even though I do enjoy it when itís full too. Hope that made sense LOL Confused .

Patti- Boy are you ambitious today, bet the house smells wonderful with those cookies baking. I can smell them now.
Itís a good thing you got film of the guy who stole your timber. Good grief some people sure do have their nerve!

Well all my TOH BakeSpace friends I hope you all have a wonderful and happy weekend.

~Jan~
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to all my TOH FRIENDS....I've been trying to get on here all morning and for one reason or another, something is always stopping me. I was up until 4:00 a.m. finishing up my TOH Cristmas Cards...they are ready to mail. Needless to say my morning started out slow! I had planned on starting with the Christmas decorations today, but the pain I'm in ...I'm just not in the mood! I told DD that I ws going to get a NORFORK ISLAND PINE and use it as a tree. Sams has real nice ones for $ 12.00! I thought I could put it on my sofa table and decorate it with some of my RADKO ornaments a few lights and I'm done. I have soooo amny Christmas decorations and it's sad that I'm not able to put them out, because I love to decorate for the holidays!! I told DH he should go take amotorcycle ride, since it was so warm here today. Tomorrow will be the same and he has a Santa Toy Run to do tomorrow. It's more like a parade run though. Fixed my turkey breast today...only it was one like you get from the deli...you know like they slice your lunch meat from;already cooked and all! I was depressed because I wanted some rich turkey broth for homemade noodles. I guess I'll throw something together here in a bit...hope the turkey worth eating!! I'll let you know.
*****SHERYLE< Did you get your laundry done ...I haven't mine, still working on it. How about the KITCHEN-AIDE store?Did you go there? Buy anything nice?
*****LINDA L, Did I miss something...what's this about people talking about you....they better not or they'll have me to answer to ..nobody talks bad about my friends. What day was this supposed to have taken place? If anyone talks tooooo much it's ME!!!! The "ROSEMARY TREE " story was sooo heartfelt. I love it when people are nice like that to others!
*****LINDA W, Boy are you ever ahead of me.....you'll definitely not be stressed about CHRISTMAS when you get home from the hospital! You'll be able to sit and relax and let yourself heal. Loved your graphic by the way! About the soap...I'm along time "DAYS OF OUR LIVES" person. Sometimes it gets boring and I stop watching...like now!!!
*****HOLLY, Sorry to hear that you still aren't feeling good. But it is re-assuring to us that your DH is taking good care of you. My sweet DH would do the same for me...he always puts me first before himself.I love him so! Love your graphic with the little green guy with the cup of coffee!
*****VICKI, Hope you got accomplished today what you set out to do.
It was a good day to do something!
*****JAN., Hope you had a good day also. I've been sotra in a tizzy today. don't know wether I'm coming or going. I'll start something and something else will come up. I haven't finished anything today!
*****PATTI, I can't believe that people would stoop that low! I hope the police prosicute them to the fullest!

Well, gotta go...DH is back from his ride, so I'm going to attempt to finish dinner. Take care...Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Y'all! How is everybody doing? We don't venture out in to the stores on "Black Friday." There is so much madness on that day.

My two oldest kids work at Best Buy and they had to be at work at 4:00 am yesterday. UGH! They worked like 14-15 hours shifts. They were exhausted when they got home. We did go up there while they were working yesterday just to get a glimpse of the madness in action. Unreal!

I still need to get my tree up. I hope to get it done the early part of next week. I intended to do it this week, but there just didn't seem to be enough time.

We have church tomorrow and then a new week starts. Christmas will be here before we know it, won't it?

Have a great weekend.

Love, Kenna Lou
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: