BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday, November 27 - Good Morning
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Monday, November 27 - Good Morning Reply with quote

Good Morning, Everyone!
We awoke to drippy, rainy weather. However, this weather is similar to spring and fall with temperatures in the 50's. Smile By Thursday, we will be more seasonal in the 30's. Brrrr!!

Staying in today. General errands and appointments scheduled for tomorrow.

Wishing you a great day,
Vicki Smile
Lagar
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Vicki and all to follow,

It's warm again in the 50's and cloudy. Getting ready for my cookie exchange program at work tomorrow. Made my batch of chocolate cookies and working on getting favors put together.
I'm giving each person a small berryberry candle with a little poem and a cinnamon ornament.
Have a good day everyone Very Happy
Linda
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING to ALL my TOH FRIENDS.......

I feel so much better today, at least the headache is gone. Supper last nite wasn't good at all, but it was eatable and we didn't go hungry! I think I had myself set up for it not being good, because of the kind of "TURKEY" I bought by accident. I really don't know what to do with all this turkey...I put 1/2 of it in the freezer, the rest I guess i can give to KUJO (my dog). I stayed up until 2:30 this morning and finally got the TOH CHRISTMAS CARDS done and DH took them to the post office this morning!!! I wish DH would have worked on putting up outside Christmas decorations over this past week-end..it was in the high60's and low 70's....by this next week-end coming back to seasonal temps of low 40's. Today...however it's going to be low 70's up to Wednesday, then the cold front moves in with rain and all.

*****VICKI, Hope you have anice relaxing day today. Sometimesit's good not to have anything to do. So stay indoors where it warm and comfy and read a good book.

*****LINDA L, I always wanted to host or go to one of those cookie exchanges. They sound like sooo much fun. Is your "CHOCOLATE COOKIES" a special recipe? And your little favors..sound so nice. I hope you have a good time. Let us know hoe it went.

WELL, I'm going to get off here and get my morning chores done and get a shower. I don't know what I have going on today, I DO have the boys for a few hours this afternoon, so i have all morning to get into something. I've been thinking about starting on my family christmas cards list. Or I could look through the new GOOSEBERRY PATCH CHRISTMAS COOKBOOK DH got me for my birthday.....who knows what I'll do! I'll stop in later today and say hi to eveyone else that stops in, but in the mean time you all take care...Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed LINDA L .....So sorry, that should have said: let us know "HOW" it went ! Debbie

cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Vicki, Linda, Debbie and all who follow! I can't believe it's Monday already - my five day holiday sure flew by fast! Crying or Very sad

We've had such lovely weather, but I hear it's suppsed to end Friday and turn to winter. That's gong to be hard to get used to after having days in the 60's.

Vicki - that's nice you get to stay in today. When I woke up this morning I wished I had taken another day off, but then I would feel the same tomorrow.

Linda - I never thought of doing favors for our office cookie swap - yours sound so cute. Last year I had planned a raffle. I bought an inexpensive item to give to the winner. Due to my mother's health I was not able to attend so will raffle it off this year. I can't tell what it is because Suzanne is in the swap too and I don't want her to know what the raffle prize is. We aren't having our cookie swap until December 18 - I have yet to decide what I'm going to make.

Debbie - I hope you had a great birthday yesterday. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better too. I have a feeling your husband is going to regret not putting up your Christmas decorations this weekend - the weather was great here too. When I was out Saturday, I saw a lot of people putting up their decorations. Which Gooseberry Patch Christmas Book did you get? Is it one with just recipes, or is it the annual one that has crafts too?

I had better get back to work. I hope everyone has a great day!

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Vicki, Linda, Debbie, cookiebaker and everyone else who checks in today. I am determined to do nothing but the bare necessities today. I have a cold that just will not go away, I have a baking day on Saturday where the women of my family and their friends all get together and bake holiday goodies, I sure would not want to miss that. Of course I am having trouble narrowing down what to make. My nephew last night made a request for chocolate chip pecan pie bars so I will definetely be making those. It is also tradition that I always make jam thumbprint cookies. It is a day filled with such laughter and fun I can hardly wait. Vicki I hope you enjoy your do nothing day, they are nice once in a while. Linda what a great idea to bring little favors, if I get to feeling better I think I will surprise my baking day crew. Debbie, I had a couple of recipes published in the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks a couple of years ago. They changed them so much that I don't submit them there anymore. Debbie, glad to hear that your headache is gone. Well, I guess I better go get ready for the day, even if it is just resting, ha ha. Patti
SoCalScottishGal
Senior Sous Chefs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Vicki, Linda, Debbie, Sheryl, Patti and all who follow.
Itís raining cats and dogs here this morning and cold. Canít believe that last week it was topping the high 80ís and 90ís, now wonder folks are getting sick.

Vicki- I envy you getting to stay in today. Enjoy it for me ok?

Linda- I love the idea of giving those cute favors at your cookie exchange.

Debbie- So glad that headache is gone and your feeling better. Sorry about the turkey dinner last night.

Sheryle- Your like me, you would rather get the bad stuff (going back to work) over with. If you stayed home you would probably have thought all day about tomorrow so itís better your earning some money right?

Patti- Hope your cold gets over with quickly. Your baking day on Saturday sounds just wonderful. My mom is now 90 and suffering dementia to a degree (have to repeat things to her a lot), my only sister is a realÖ.well she is not a nice person. All her DILís except her oldest sons wife (who has a mind of her own) have to do what she wants or theyíre in deep doo doo with her so having a baking day with me wouldnít work out too good and itís easier on them if they just talk to me in secret, isnít that sad? My SIL and best friend is more like a sister to me but she lives in Tucson, AZ. Her and I would have a ball on a baking day like we used to years ago. I sure miss the days when she lived 3 miles from me. Oh well Iím happy for you having a fun day like that.

Hope everyone has a happy and warm day.

~Jan~
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patti - I hope you start feeling better before your baking day. It sounds like fun. I've never baked with my sisters before - my eldest sister and I have made soup together a few times and we've enjoyed that. I'm sure she would like to have a baking day - I may have to suggest that to her.

Jan - I'm sorry to hear that you and your sister don't get along - it's nice that you have your sister in-law though. It is sad that you have to sneak to speak to your nephews wives. My sister's and I get along okay, it's just that there is a generation gap we have to get past. My eldest sister, especially, tends to treat my like her little sister and even sometimes like her daughter. I guess she figures that she gets accused of being my mother so often, that she'll just act like it.

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com

Last edited by cookiebakr on Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone
Back from school and my Dr. appt. Took more blood, gee I won't have any left by next week.
Debating on getting my manicure and pedicure. Just resting a bit now.
Talking about favors, whenever I host a holiday or a dinner party I always make some kind of favor for my guests plates. This year I planned on small red Christmas stockings, the kind you maybe put money in, putting their names in glitter, and there fork, knife and spoon, a candy cane and there napkin. This way they know where to sit at the table and go home with a treat.
I try to have some kind of personalized favor for my guests. I usually have about 20 people so I don't spend over a $1.00 on each.. Last year I found in the Oriental Trading catalog these cute felt turkeys that you put over tootie pops. Well I stuffed each one with batting and glued shut and had them sticking out of their wine glasses, I personalized their name on the feathers. My sister had hers out this year with her decorations. They were a big hit and I believe they were around $.30 each.
Well this year I am not having any holidays so I will put the stockings away for next year.
Making a big salad for dinner, with peel and eat shrimp and crab meat.
Maybe some hard boiled eggs, olives and pickles on the side.
Not fussing, trying to eat light, the diet starts after the operation.

Well everyone have a great day
Linda
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to the rest of my TOH FRIENDS that stopped in.....

*****SHERYLE, The GBP Book I ask for was "COZY COUNTRY CHRISTMAS" I had mentioned to DH. I would like to have that for my birthday. It's a good read...I managed to look at about 1/2 of it today...I'll finish the other 1/2 here in a bit. I do love any of those books, because they have good recipes and really good stories and reakky good ideas to share. I read a few "memory stories" today that made me cry. I didn't realize they had one that wasan annual /with crafts in it too! I'll have to check that out.

*****PATTI, Sure hope your cold gets better before the wee-end! Try to get as much rest as possible and drink lots of fluids...wash that cold right out of your system! In my younger and more healthy years, I would have loved to have had a large kitchen and invite all my family and friends over for a baking extravaganza!!! That would be sooo awesome! And what memories you could make!
So your a famous person? To have your recipes in print in the Gooseberry Patch Book...WOW! You do have to wonder why they change the recipe ..don't you?

*****LINDA L, I remember you taking about the "RED CHRISTMAS SOCKS" at each persons place setting. You know I probably will never host another dinner party, but DD could use an idea like that for her CHRISTMAS DINNER this year! And I could even sit down and help her make them.I'll have to tell her about that.
The salad sounds delish, but NO SEAFOOD for me...do you care if I bring chicken or ham for mine and my DH'S? Oh sorry..did I invite myself to dinner!! lol
Are you getting neverous about the surgery Wednesday? Don't worry..I'll be there in prayer holding your hand and so will alot of your other board friends!!

Well, I guess I'd better go get started on dinner..it's easy tonite:
HOT DOGS/SAUCE and ONIONS
HOMEMADE MACARONI N' CHEESE
FRIED POTATOES (that's not a sure thing yet)
CHEESECAKE with CHERRIES

I'll try yo get back on tonite.....PRISON BREAK IS ON TONITE...WHOOOOO, YEAH and all those excited words! I think tonite is the last nite though Sad You all take care...Debbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: