BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tuesday December 5, 2006 Good Morning
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCalScottishGal
Senior Sous Chefs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Tuesday December 5, 2006 Good Morning Reply with quote

Surprise, ití me Jan this morning Very Happy . Hope you don't mind me starting the post this morning. I was just reading the posts from last night and thought I would wish everyone a good morning since I leave early today. I am sneaking (cheating a bit) this in since itís still late night here in Calif.

Today is my first anniversary on the TOH BB (12/5) and I canít believe how fast this year has gone by. I sure have met some good friends this year so I feel really blessed and now with BakeSpace itĎs twice the fun.

Linda -I am so glad you finally found your chandelier. Donít you just love it when you find something youíve been searching all over for?

Vicki-my thoughts and prayers will be with you now and on Wednesday hon. I will probably be a the hospital awaiting the arrival my grandson but I sure will pray for a successful surgery for you.
They are going to start the gel on my DDIL on Tuesday night and if that doesnít start her contracting they will induce and it could take two days for her to deliver in less they wind up doing a c-section. Sheís such a tiny little itty bitty young woman. I wish she would just go into labor on her own, she does too (she was due last Thursday).

Sheryle- I got my bank statement done today but havenít written one Christmas card so I guess were even lol.

I am going to go get my hair touched up and cut for the holidays today at noon but have a million things to do before then.

To everyone that follows me I wish you all a lovely, happy, warm and cozy day. Very Happy

Hugs to all,
Jan
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Jan
I had a good night's sleep last night, first time in a long time. I just wished I could have stayed in bed instead of getting up at 6 am.
Well school today, and errands, want to order the chandlier before I change my mind. Hoping my brother can install before the holidays.
Now I am looking for a nice tapestry for my living room. Found one I loved last night but it was sold and the last one.
So the search is on.
Dinner is done already so I have plenty of time to shop. Also need to get my one DD christmas gifts. She wants clothes which she has to pick out.
Well everyone have a great day
Linda
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Good Morning TOH BBER's & Baker Spacers~ Reply with quote

Good morning Jan & Linda Very Happy Thought you might want to check out this holiday video. Wouldn't you hate to be their neighbor? If the lights wouldn't keep you up all night, the song would drive you nutz!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmgf60CI_ks[/url]
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everyone! I'm taking a short break from work to make this post. I had a nice productive day yesterday - I got all of my Christmas cards done, with the exception of four and I just need to get the current addresses. WooHoo!! I also scanned and printed pictures for my sister and got all of my calls made. I love days like that!

Jan - would you like to work on my bank statment? I don't know why I dislike doing that so much, it isn't difficult. I hope to finally get mine done today.

Well guess I had better get back to work - will check in again later. Have a great day!

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

Jan - Happy Anniversary! (One year on TOH.) Can't wait to hear that your dear grandson is safely born, and in your arms.
Linda - Have fun shopping today.
Holly - We have a house similarly decorated, complete with music north of town.
Sheryle - You seem to be flying from chore to work to chore.

I was planning on going to a meeting tonight. However, with all the snowfall yesterday and sporadic snowfall expected today, I may stay home. Yesterday the roads were very bad. One divided highway (both directions) and one state highway were closed yesterday afternoon due to accidents. No school cancellations this morning, though.
-- How about it? Let's go out and make snow angels? -- Very Happy

Thank you for all the good wishes and prayers. Tomorrow is the big day.
Hugs,
Vicki

Smile
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING ALL MY TOH FRIENDS......It's actually going on noon and I haven't done a darn thing today. I woke up this morning feeling a liitle quezzy at my stomach and shakie in my arms and legs. So i got a little blankie and got in the recliner and went back to sleep. I got in the recliner, because i figured if I went back to bed ...no tellin how long I'd sleep. Turns out it was going on 11 when I woke up from my nap in the recline! What a dead head I am! Still feeling crappy..hope I 'm not coming down with the bug. Speaking of the bug...i haven't went over to se my MOM at the hospital for several days..the doctors said it would be advisable to stay home .because she has the flu. Talk to my dad yesterday and he said it was coming out of her as fast as it goes in. Now they have her on a saline drip,so she doesn't get dehydrated! On top of that they started her on 2 different kinds of meds the other day...that she said she had to drink and they tasted very nasty. I told her that she surely wsn't having a good time over there was she? Her Birthday is this coming Friday..if she's still in the hospital ..I hope she over this flu thing and feeling a bit better. Thank you to those who are still praying for her. i appreciate it ! I didn't get hardly any decorations (ie.figureens) out yesterday...I was just in too much pain. I was going to do it today, but now I feel like poop...so it might be as good as it's gonna get. I got some ground chuck out of the freezer...so Spaghetti Sauce is in my future. I have apples crying out for attention and if I feel better..I'm wanting to make an Apple cake of some sort...I've gotten alot a good recipes on the TOH Board for apple cake, so I'll pick from one of those. That's about all I'm going to do..if that!

*****JAN, Hey girl...you got to be first...YEA!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY for your 1 year at TOH. Mine won't be until April.Good luck on becoming a "GRANDMA" today! Is this your first? They are so preciuos. Hope things go well for the momma and please let us now all the details!

*****LINDA W, Have fun shopping with your DD today.Maybe you'll find that tapestry you searching for! So glad you finally found your chandlier though and just before the hoildays too. Have fun today and don't shop til you drop!

*****HOLLY, I checked out your video...we have a house in our area that does that and we have been one of the ones to drive by it and boy the traffic in and around the street is awful!

*****SHERYLE, I have all my cards done, with the exception of family and they are almost done. I'm going to try to finish those up today. Bank Statement...what's that????? lol No I'm like you I hate that task..i put it off as long as I can .

*****VICKI, If I had my choice in the meeting or stay in where it was wartm and cozy ..I'd take the warm and cozy for sure! How much snow did you all get? We had a beautiful snow, but it didn't last very long and didn't stick....so NO snow angels for me!
Good luck on your surgery..I'm praying everything goes well and holding your hand to comfort you! Can't wait to hear form you..will you be off the board for long? here's a hug for you (((VICKI))) take care of yourself.

Well,I'm getting off for now and may
check in later...Hope you ALL have a good day and stay safe in whatever you do. Hello to those that stopped in after me! Take care...Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jan, Linda W., Holly, Sheryle, Vicki, Debbie and everyone else who checks in today. Jan, sorry that you did not sleep well, happy anniversary. What an exciting time, waiting for a grandchild. Linda W. did you tell us where you found the chandelier? You could have and I may have forgotten. I do that a lot. Linda I hope you're able to get your chandelier installed for the holidays, that would be so nice. Sheryle, I need to get my Christmas cards done, I keep saying that, but not quite getting around to getting them done, I did go get stamps yesterday, I guess that is a small step. Vicki, good luck with your surgery tomorrow, a lot of people here will be praying for you. Debbie, sorry that you are feeling yucky today. Everyone I know seems to be sick and not able to get rid of it. Hope your Mom is feeling better soon, what a terrible time to be hospitalized. I have to go unload my dryer and then work on those Christmas cards, I will check back later.
Patti
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon, girls!

Sounds like everyone is busy! Well, we have started the tree process! The reason I say process is because that is exactly what it is. We set the tree up yesterday, put the lights on today, now we have to decorate it. The kids have all outgrown that being fun anymore. But if I said, let's dont put it up, they would come unglued.

Hope to finish up the shopping this week and then I need to get started on making candy.

I decided to participate in the Christmas card exchange after all. I don't know what we are supposed to do. Can someone tell me? You can post here, or "pm" me.

Have a great day!

P.S. Prayers going out for Vicki for her surgery tomorrow!
anita
Chef

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

Smile Hi everyone! I had alot to do today again so I am getting on late. I started my Christmas candy yesterday. Christmas is coming up so fast. I hope I can get everything done. Hope everyone has a good evening. Vicki, my prayers will be with you tomorrow.

Smile Anita
ToniTNY
Senior Sous Chefs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys. Debbie, I think I have what you have! I dragged myself to work, but by 1:30 in the afternoon, my boss threw me out and told me not to come back. I've just been sitting and laying around all afternoon - almost feels like a little mini bug. Sure hope it's gone by tomorrow!

Kelo, I started my process too on Sunday - just haven't done anything since LOL! I just put all the boxes in a spare bedroom and hope for the best - I keep saying "maybe tomorrow", but then again, maybe not!

Anita, I won't be doing my chocolates and nuts this year 'til the 16th. I hate doing it so late, but it's the only day I could come up with that DD and DS's girlfriend can both be here. I don't want to hear them whine if I do it without them.

Patti - Christmas cards is the only thing I've gotten done! The rest seems to be moving by me -- and less than three weeks 'til the big day!

Vicki, you'll be in my thoughts tomorrow. I'm sure everything will turn out just fine and you'll be up and around in no time flat! I'd love to make a snow angel with you, but the sight of me flopping around might lead to "yellow snow"! Not a pretty picture LOL

Sheryle - don't you love a day where it all works? Today was not that day for me, that's for sure!

Holly - don't you love the little things you find on Youtube? I just discovered it, but some of the stuff on there can make you laugh or shreik!

Linda - you better order that chandeleir - it's taken you forever to come to find it!

Jan, congratulations on your anniversary. I celebrated my 4th anniversary there this past October. Have made alot of friends along the way and added nine people to my life that I would not do without for the whole world!

Well, back to bed with me - I'm off to rest again! Darn this is annoying. Hope everyone has a great night and a terrific upcoming Wednesday!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: