BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CHRISTMAS TREE CONTEST WINNER NAMED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> Cooking S.O.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Vote for your favorite tree: (one vote per person)
TREE #1: Maureen - IL
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
TREE #2: Ali - MT
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
TREE #3: Carissa - MA
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
TREE #4: Wendylynn - TX
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
TREE: #5: Julie - CA
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
TREE #6: Margie - NC
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
TREE #7: Victoria - CO
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
TREE #8: Michelle - U.S.
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
TREE #9: Jane - Canada
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
TREE #10: Holly - AZ
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
TREE #11: Ellen - PA
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
TREE #12: Kitty - TN
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
TREE #13: Patricia - CA
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 48

Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: CHRISTMAS TREE CONTEST WINNER NAMED Reply with quote

Voting is now closed. Congratulations Michelle - your decorations are lovely. All the trees are fantastic and we love your stories.

#####

About our tree --
"I've been collecting Christmas ornaments for the past 15 years. No theme really, just a few every year, from travels, from family, I've saved the ones the kids made when they were little (my favorites!!) and gifts from others when they didn't know what else to get me!! Jon bought me the Christmas tree out of an estate sale, it's VERY tall and thin. It makes a great display for the ornaments. Merry Christmas Everyone!"

#####

What better way to get into the holiday spirit than to share your Christmas tree with all of us?

Send in a photo of your tree and we'll post it. If your tree is voted as the favorite, we'll feature your tree on the BakeSpace home page from Dec. 25th -Jan. 1st.

How to submit your tree:
*Upload your photo to a photo sharing site or to your BakeSpace account
*Write a short paragraph on the tree (how you decorated, important facts or stories surrounding the decorations or a funny story that happened while decorating)
*Email us the URL link to the photo (if they offer you a URL for forums, choose that one) as well as the tree's story to members@bakespace.com. If you have any questions, email us and we'll walk you through the process.

We'll take it from there and post them here so that all our members will be able to vote.

How to Vote:
Voting is open to members registered with the pantry. At the top of the screen you'll see a poll where you may cast your vote. You will only be able to vote once (so make it a good one). Remember, your BakeSpace username and password haven't automatically migrated over to the pantry (seperate program) so you'll need to re-register if you haven't already done so. Email us if you have questions at members@bakespace.com.

Registered Pantry members will also be able to comment below if they wish. If you do, please don't "quote" this posting.. as you can imagine the page will become very long... simply hit reply. We can't wait to see what trees we get! Babette

If you can't see any trees it's because the Picture Trail site is down.

TREE #1: Maureen - IL

About our tree: "We've been struggling to find the perfect star for the top of the tree, so every year, we throw something up there. This year, it was Santa's hat.""Interesting to note, though, is if you look closely in our tree, you usually find our cat. Shadow spends alot of time outside, but now that it's so cold out, she'll climb up the Christmas tree trunk and hang out. The ornaments jingle and the tree shakes but she never seems to find any birds."

TREE #2: Ali - MT

About our tree -- "I love all things retro. This tree and all of the ornaments come from Kmart and a lot of them
are from the Martha Stewart line at Kmart. I think it is so much fun and beautiful! I hope you like it!"

TREE #3: Carissa - MA

About our tree --
"After convincing me last year to get a fake tree, I thought we'd be using it again this Christmas. My husband, however, had other plans and announced he wanted a real tree this year. Since we are graduate students (and therefore don't have lots of extra $$), Joe decided he wanted a Christmas tree as his Christmas present this year. The whole story of how we got the tree including pictures of last year's tree is on my blog here: http://creativecarissa.blogspot.com/2006/11/oh-christmas-tree.html

The tree is decorated in a purple theme. The purple lights, ribbons and balls we received from some friends of ours who were moving overseas to do PhD work and didn't like the decorations enough to bring them to England. We combined the purple with some of our own silver and glass ornaments and I quite like it. Smile"

TREE #4: Wendylynn - TX

About our tree --
"TBA"

TREE #5: Julie - CA

About our tree --
"Every year I try to do something different. So every year it's a challenge. This year I went all RED. From the balls to the lights and to the beautiful red poinsettas placed all over the tree. It puts off a very romantic glow. And with the red and green...really gets us in the holiday mood! Our Daughter who's 3, just loves to sit and look at with us...with milk in her hand and coffee in ours! She can't wait for Santa to come leave her gifts under the tree!"

TREE #6: Margie - NC

About our tree --
"My daughter Emily did the decorations on it.We have blue and white lights and we also have mostly snowman oranment's. Some are from friends and some are that I have collected throughtout the years. I love snowmen because they are so jolly and just make you happy when you look at them. I decided to go with the blue and white lights because I wanted something different plus they are my and my kids favorite colors."

TREE #7: Victoria - CO

About our tree --
"My husband's family always went every year to cut down a tree. We decided this year our children were old enough to "trek" through the snow and cold to help us cut down a tree for the start of our very own family tradition. Having grown up in California where we picked a "perfect" tree from a lot full of trees imported from Oregon, I thought it was a ton of fun! I wanted to do a "themed" tree for the first time this year and opted to JUST put Christmas balls and bows on the tree. With the help of my girls, some branches have about 6 balls on them....but, that is what makes Christmas fun! The girls each got a 3 ft tree in their bedrooms to display their ever-growing collection of personal ornaments so, they weren't "forgotten" in my attempt at what my husband dubs my "Macy's Tree"! I think the finished product turned out GREAT (after we were able to get it to FIT in our house!!!)"

About our tree --
"I've been collecting Christmas ornaments for the past 15 years. No theme really, just a few every year, from travels, from family, I've saved the ones the kids made when they were little (my favorites!!) and gifts from others when they didn't know what else to get me!! Jon bought me the Christmas tree out of an estate sale, it's VERY tall and thin. It makes a great display for the ornaments. Merry Christmas Everyone!"

TREE #9: Jane - Canada

About our tree --
"This is my tree. Not what I planned, but a tree none the less. My husband saw a prelit white Christmas tree he liked and I said lets wait...By the time I decided that I too liked the white tree they were sold out at both of the Wal-marts in town which lead us on a mission to find the tree. Off we went to the next town's Wal-mart, no luck, small town. With a knowing look at each other off we went further up the island on a quest. We reached the next bigger town where surely they would have a white pre lit tree. What disappointment when we discovered that they too were out. By this time I had me decorations for a white tree picked out, so green it was. I made the best of it and dedicated this years tree to my musically inclined husband and made a music tree. Once it was up I realized I had to have a treetopper. So I sat down at my crafts table and made one. It may not be pretty but it's a topper!"

TREE #10: Holly - AZ

About our tree --
"My fiance and I don't have enough room in our tiny apartment for a real tree, and even the tiny artificial ones prove too tempting for our cat to avoid. Being card-carrying geeks, we decided to make a tree, and we spent two evenings scouring toy shops and drugstores all over the city collecting green Legos. We ended up with enough blocks to make three trees, one for the apartment, and one for each of our offices."

TREE #11: Ellen - PA

About our tree --
"My husband thought it would be funny to wrap my gift in the fashion "a Christmas story. He spent more money and time on the wrapping than the gift but it was a great "first married" Christmas together.

P.S. The crowbar was part of the gift too."

TREE #12: Kitty - TN

About our tree --
"My family (me, hubby and 13 year old son) live in Memphis, TN. It has been a really rough year with my husband going out on workman's comp on 05/31/2006 and me without a job. Well, after six months plus of VERY tight budgeting, I found a job. I started on Dec. 1 and I just have not had the energy or the Christmas spirit to get the decorations up. My husband has been in and out of the hospital for a good part of the month and my son has been a rock. I came home late last week from the hospital and found this beautifully decorated tree and the Nativity scene all set up in the livingroom. The lights were out and just the twinkling lights from the tree and around the window were glowing. It really made me realize how precious the years are with my growing son and how blessed our family truly is. My husband is home from the hospital and I am working to gain some off time for next Christmas. But THIS year, we have our son's awesome efforts and suddenly, our Christmas spirit is very much alive. Happy Holidays everyone!"

TREE #13: Patricia - CA

About our tree --
"After many years of the traditional multi colored tree, I decided I wanted a tree that was more elegant looking. I started out with white lights, gold, silver and white ornaments. Then decided that it needed more color, which is when I added the large red christmas flowers. And of course I had to finish it off with the white angel at the top. "

Last edited by Babette on Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:23 am; edited 5 times in total
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Michelle, it was a truly beautiful tree. Thank you for sharing it with us.
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Michelle!

All the trees looked great, it was so hard to choose which one I liked best.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
pmochel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitty,
I was really touched by your entry and just floored by your son's energy and spirit. I hope you all had a wonderful and warm Christmas and that your New Year will be bright for you all.
Pat
karen
Junior Sous Chef

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHere have I been... I never saw this. Hope you do it next year. Smile
Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys.. I thought I would bring this thread back for a second because before we know it, it's going to be christmas time again! Keep us in mind when you start to plan for your tree. Smile

My BakeSpace Kitchen: http://bakespace.com/?babs
Facebook: http://facebook.com/bakespace
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bakespace
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bakespace
Instagram: http://instagram.com/bakespace
Download our free app: http://bit.ly/cookbookcafe
Make your own cookbook: http://bakespace.com/cookbooks
Attend our food blogger conference: http://techmunchconf.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> Cooking S.O.S. All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: