BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday, December 11
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Monday, December 11 Reply with quote

Good morning everyone! Our dear friend Debbie's (monkeybusiness) mother needs our prayers. I received an email this morning telling me that her mother wasn't doing very well. I know several of you received this, but I thought I would post it here for those who didn't.

Quote:
Hello to my Dear FRIENDS.....I was going to send this message through the bake Space forum, but i din't know if you all would see it, since it's getting late in the evening. This morning at 5:30 we got a call fro the hospital that my Mom was unresponsive and NOT breathing. couldn't get a hold of my dad(he must not have heard the phone ring) and needed someone's premission to put her on a respirator. and told us all we need to get down to the hospital. When we got there the doctor standing in for her family doctorcame and talked to us and said she has either swallowed food in her sleep and it went to her lungs or she has got what they call a mucus plug blocking off her airway in the lungs. They also were going to asses (SP??) her for a heart attach. They ran all the nessecary test along with x-ray of her lung and then her lung doctor showed up about 8:00 looked at her x-ray and said her left lung was completely ingulfed in mucus and fluid and she needed surgery. SO surgery she had and the doctor is optimistic that she recover with time. She is still on the respirator and probably will be for at least a day or two. So that has been my day..over at the hospital for 14 to 16 hrs. But I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. So again i'm asking for a little prayer for her...that god will pull her safly out of tcritical condition she's in. Thanks for being my friend and letting me cry on your shoulders. I'll keep you all up-dated on her condition. Debbie

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Debbie,
You and your family are being surrounded with prayers. I'm keeping the medical staff in my prayers, too.

Thank you, Sheryle, for posting this special need for prayer.
Prayers are uplifted,
Vicki
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING VICKI and SHERYLE and EVERYONE who stops in....I'm a bit in a hurry...heading fro the hospital, but my sister called from ther this morning and said the nurse came out and told them that Mom was awake and wanted to see her family. So one by one they went in to see her and said she knew who they were and answered questions by blinking her eye. Yesterday the doctor told us they didn't know if she had any brain damage from the lack of oxygen, and time would tell, so it's a good sign that she knows us. So far the doctors haven't not been in, so hopefully I can't get over there before they come in...Again thatk you ALL for being here for me and especially for the prayers for my Mom and my family....they are working...AMEN!!! I hope eveyone has a beautiful day and I'll stop back later today, probably early evening and let ya know how MOm is. Take care...Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Sheryle, Vicki and Debbie. I don't have much time today as this is housecleaning day. UGH! This is a busy week around here, choir concerts, last week of dd's school, etc. I'm trying to find time to make some candy.

My parents and my brother are coming for Christmas! Yea!! I'm so excited. We didn't get to go home for Christmas last year and they weren't able to come here either. My two oldest kids work in retail and it is impossible for them to get time off during the holidays, so I'm grateful that my brother is bringing them. My dad is not able to drive anymore due to his diabetes affecting his eyesight. The doctors are trying all kinds of stuff, but so far nothing has worked. I'm not giving up, though. I pray for a miracle everyday.

Debbie, I just want you to know that I remembered your mom in my prayer time last night and again this morning. Glad to know that there is some improvement. Prayer is a very powerful thing!

Y'all should be receiving my Christmas cards sometime this week. I mailed them Friday.

Hope everyone has a great day. I've got to get back to my housework.

Hugs, Kenna Lou
Redawna kaly_ab
Garde Manger Chef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Good Morning! Reply with quote

Hi All,

Debbie, prayers for your mom and your whole family.

Wow, it has been a while since I have been here. We are doing renovations to the whole main floor of the house and I have been beyond busy! The carpet and laminate flooring will be installed Thursday and Friday. Then I get to put my house back to gether!!! Very Happy

I am getting my Christmas cards ready and they will be in the mail today.

I hope everyone is having a good day and have a great week.

Hugs,
Redawna
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheryle, thanks for letting us know about Debbie's Mom. Debbie what an awful scary time you have been having, I was so glad to see that she was awake and asking for her family today, that has to be a very good sign. Hello to Vicki, Debbie, Sheryl, Kenna Lou, Redawna and everyone else who stops in today. Redawna do you think everything will be done in time for Christmas? I bet you will be glad when all your renovations are finished. Kelo, I want to make some more candy today also. My SIL and I are going to dinner this evening since all the guys are out goose hunting. That will be nice. I need to go run some errands before it gets much later so I will check back later and hopefully hear even more good news about Debbie's mom. I will keep your family in my prayers.
Patti
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My weekend attempt at cookies was not the best. However, I'm back at it. A loaf of homemade white bread is about ready to pop into the oven. Since I am not allowed to lift anything, my husband positioned the bread machine before he left this morning.

Have a nice afternoon,
Vicki
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie - thanks for posting an update about your mother. I'm glad to here she is awake and responding. That's such good and hopeful news. My prayers to you and your family.

Sheryle

cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki - too bad your cookies didn't turn out - it's so frustrating to spend the time and money on ingredients to have them bomb! I hope your bread is good - fresh homemade bread sure sounds good and if it looks anything like that picture, I'm sure it is. I haven't made bread in ages and my poor bread machine always looks so lonely and neglected, sitting back in the corner of my counter.

Patti - I hope you and your SIL have a good time at dinner tonight. Every now and then my sisters and I have a girls night out and we enjoy it.

Redawna - I bet you'll be glad when all the work is done around your house, I'm sure it will be nice.

Kenna Lou - that's wonderful that your family will be with you at Christmas this year! I finally got my card in the mail for you today. I think you and Babette were the only addresses I had been waiting for, so I think I'm done now.

Does anyone know when Linda L will be back from her trip? I sure miss her posts!

Sheryle

anita
Chef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: mother Reply with quote

Smile Hello everyone. I hope everyone had a good day. Debbie my prayers are with you all the time. Angels are surrounding your mother always.

With love and prayers

Anita
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: