BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FRIDAY IS FINALLY HERE, GOOD MORNING TOH BBER'S!!! :o)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Holly - I always love your pictures, but that one with the snowman and the cat/person is a little scary. Laughing

Debbie - I would love to send a card to your mother do you have an address where I can send it, or should I just mail it to you?

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
SoCalScottishGal
Senior Sous Chefs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Holly, Linda, Sheryle, Vicki, Kenna Lou, Debbie and whoever follows me in today.

Holly- Big hugs to you too my friend. Love the cat in the people suit. Anything that makes me laugh out loud is a good thing and that did.

Linda- Thank you for sharing the picture of Rockefeller Center. That is one place I have always wanted to see at Christmas time, it seems so Christmassy (if that makes sense?).

Sheryle- I agree TGIF, canít wait for the weekend to begin.

Vicki- Iím still praying for your eyes to heal. Have fun with your DGS. Two years old is my favorite age, they say the cutest little things then. I still remember my oldest DGD Ashlie looking me in the eye at age two and saying "I love you my Nana!", that memory always warms my heart Very Happy . By the way I love your Christmas tree siggy.

Kenna Lou- So glad you had fun yesterday, I knew you would. My son works for the Los Angeles County Office of Education as his real job (coaching is his second job/love/sport) and today is their last day of 2006 also. He has stayed with LACOE all these years because the time off from school coordinates with his skating Regionals and Nationals and most contests throughout the year.

Debbie- Iím so glad to hear your Mom is out of the ICU. I hope she continues to improve daily.

Still praying for Hollyís FIL, Debbieís Mom, Vickiís eyes and for Linda Wís recovery and will do so as long as needed.

(((((((Big hugs to everyone on this cold and cloudy day to keep you all warm))))))

~Jan~
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** U P D A T E ***

Good Afternoon, Everyone!
Thank you for all your thoughtfulness and prayers! The surgeon removed the stitches. Good report. Healing, no infection. However, contacts cannot be worn for another 2 weeks. (Making Christmas dinner with limited vision will be a challenge.) Smile Very thankful for the healing.

Debbie - What wonderful news about your mother. Will continue to keep her in prayer.

Thank you, again, for all your prayers. (bear with any typos I don't catch) Rolling Eyes

Hugs,
Vicki

Smile
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to all my Bakespace friends Holly, Linda, Sheryle, Vicki, Kenna Lou, Debbie, Jan and anyone else who stops in today.

Holly, I truly did laugh out loud at the snowman and the cat!

Linda, what a beautiful picture of Rockefeller Center.

Sheryle I think a lot of people I know are looking forward to retirement, my hubby is counting the days, a little early I might add, he has years to go yet.

Vicki I am glad that you got your stitches out, are you able to pick up your grandson now? I had surgery last year and it seemed like forever until I could pick up my granddaughter.

Kenna Lou, did you tell us what kind of candy you are making? I made lots of that Miracle Fudge and put it right in the freezer so we wouldn't be eating it all. I finally got all my Christmas shopping done today and it feels so good! I am glad that you had such a good time with your daughter.

Debbie, you have got to be one of the sweetest people I know, with all you have going on in your life you still are thinking of others. I am glad to hear that your Mom is out of ICU and will continue my prayers.

Jan, my granddaughter is 2 and you are right, they say the cutest and funniest things. They do have a way of making your heart swell with pride and love. No problem staying warm here today, it was in the high 50s.

I will be keeping my granddaughter overnite tomorrow so I will be busy this weekend but it will be great fun. We are going to take her out to see the Christmas lights, when I told her she said "Then we are coming back to your house, right?" She just loves staying overnite here. Good for everyone I guess.
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello girls.....I don't know how many stop in this late....well it's only 8:30 EST, but I did want to update you all on Mom. She had her first walk today and the nurse gave her a bath. Said that made her feel better than anything, but she can't wait to take a real shower. I told her in a few days when she's a little stonger, we would come over a do her hair. My Mom has for years now had a little hearing lose, but for some reason since she's been in the hospital, you have to speak very loud and almost right in her ear. My dad told the nurse that they probably needed flushed out...which she has had done several times I guess. It's almost inpossible to carry on a conversation with her at this point. Anyway slowly but surely she is gonna make it home.

*****SHERYLE, How nice to want to send my Mom a card...she would really love that. I would suggest sending it to my address though, as she will probably be going to the re-hab center sometime the first of the week. Her name is GLORIA ROBINSON ...just send it to my address in c/o me!

*****VICKI, I'm so glad you got your stiches out and there was no infection!!!! I'm sure your holiday dinner will be a success. If I lived close enough ...I'd come over and help you fix it!!

*****Sounds like everyone else has had a good day ....either with shopping , making candy or spending time with family.....how wonderful!!

I managed to get alittle shopping done today. It was DH's last day of vacation and getting ready for CHRISTMAS was the reason he took vacation, so I was detrimined to get some shopping done. I would love to make some goodies...I guess we'll have to wait and see what next week brings. Tomorrow is our Grandson CODY's 4th Birthday and they are having him a party, so we'll be parting for several hours. I think I'll make a dash to the hospital before I do that though. Well...I'm off to check out the TOH Board. I went over there last nite and got several good recipes. You all have a good evening and I'll chat with ya in the morning!! Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie, so glad to hear of your mom's progress. I pray for her daily. I know as soon as you can do her hair, she will feel like a new woman for sure. I hope she continues to make progress. Keep us posted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: