BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saturday, December 16, Good Morning TOH BBers & Bake Spa
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Saturday, December 16, Good Morning TOH BBers & Bake Spa Reply with quote

Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning, Holly! You're here bright and early this morning. Hello to everyone who stops by. What does everyone have planned for today? I need to wrap some Christmas presents. I haven't wrapped any as of yet.

I think it was Patti that asked what kind of candy I made this week. This is what I have made so far:

Fudge
Peanut Fudge
Tiger Fudge
Peanut Butter Haystacks
Miracle Fudge (with white chips and strawberry frosting)

I can't decide if I want to make anything else or not. I have the stuff for Peanut Brittle and Millionaires if I get around to it.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Hugs, Kenna Lou

Holly, can you tell me what I am doing wrong? When I try to put a pic in here, it just shows the code from the website where I got it and not the actual picture.
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Holly and all who follow! I'm waiting for my curling iron to heat up so thought I would take this time to post. I have a lot of stuff to do today, since I was sick last weekend and didn't get anything done. As soon as I get ready, I'm heading out to do laundry, go to WalMart, go to the cemetary and decorate my parents graves, and when I get home I am going to do a good cleaning of my kitchen so I can spend tomorrow baking. Our office cookie swap is Monday so I have to get the baking done tomorrow - I had such a hard time deciding what to bake. I usually try to make something new, but this year, even after going through all my new magazines and cookie cookbooks, I couldn't find anything. Then I notice my old Betty Crocker cookie cookbook and remembered that my mom's favorite cookie, Snickerdoodles, recipe was in there - so I decided to make them. I thought it would be like I was making them in honor of her. I've been thinking and dreaming about her so much - even more than I usually do.

Holly - cute, cute picture!

Patti - I know you'll enjoy the overnight visit with your granddaughter. My nieces always loved to stay with me and I think I enjoyed it as much as they did. Your making such lovely memories for your granddaughter.

Vicki - how wonderful that those horrible stiches are now out and that your doctor gave you good news! Now the healing can really begin.

Debbi - such happy news about your mother, if she's wanting a shower, that is a good sign that she's doing better. I'm glad you got to get some shopping done.

Kenna Lou - sounds like your getting your Christmas shopping wrapped up - that's always a good feeling. I didn't have a lot to do, and what I did was mostly online. I ordered gift baskets from King Arthur Flour for my sisters, brothers and their spouses and had them delivered and then ordered something for my youngest niece and had it shipped to her - how easy is that? My eldest sister and I did go shopping for our youngest nephew, and she was supposed to mail it - I hope she's done that by now.

Jan - hope you have a nice day!

I'm sure my curling iron is hot by now so had better get going.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Everyone~

Breakfast is ready to start. We have a busy day ahead.
-- Packages to mail.
-- Grandson's birthday party, I can imagaine his 2 year old excitement just bubbling out.
-- And hopefully some Christmas baking/cooking. (Double checking those recipes! Vision should be better in 2 weeks.)

Holly - Thank you for the Jingle Bells good morning.

Kenna Lou - What progress you have made on the candy. I made those two batches Monday, and have had to lay low. Hopefully, more will be done today.

Sheryle - Those Snickerdoodles are always a hit. Plus, not too many people are allergic to cinnamon.

Hope to catch up with you later,
Vicki

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy GOOD MORNING HOLLY,KENNA LOU, SHERYLE, VICKI and ALL that stop by....Sounds like everyone will be busy with different things today...so stay safe and watch the traffic if you
re out and about today!! DH and I have a few things to do before we go to our grandson's Birthday party at 2:00. One thing we need to do is locate a software for "Genealogy". That's what we were going to get DH's Dad,but there's only one store in town that has it and it's $100.00 ..too much. I know that they have carried different ranges of it for $50.00 and up. If we can't find it , without going out of town ...I don't know what we'll get him for Christmas...as he doesn't have any hobbies and doesn't really need anyhting! Very hard to buy for! I've got all the gifts I've bought so far, on my dining room table and hopefully tonite I'll start wrapping.I've got to get a shower and get ready to go over to the hospital and check on Mom...she is doing better with her breathing...I'm just worried about her being so weak. I guess when you've been at deaths door and been in bed for 3 weeks; you're bound to be pretty weak.

*****HOLLY, I so love your graphics...they always put a big smile on my face.

*****KENNA LOU, I have some wrapping to do today also.And still have shopping to do too! I'm never this far behind! What is Tiger Fudge? I'd be interested in seeing the recipe, whenever you have time. I have the same trouble that you're having posting pics. on here and as you can tell I still have not figured it out......no pics. from me!

*****SHERYLE, I really like a Snickerdoodle cookie with a good cup of coffee. I'm sure your Mom will be there in spirt helping you make them. It is a hard time of year for You, I'm sure. And I know how much you must miss her...I'm sending big hugs fror you today((Sheryle)) Your're doing the kind of shopping I should be doing...on-line, then I wouldn't have to walk that much. I hope you day isn't too sad, just remember ..you will see her again someday!

*****VICKI, So glad youre eyes are doing better...the stitches are out and there's no infection. Just don't over strain them!! DH and I are going to or grandsons 4th Birthday party today. He's all excited! Good luck with your baking....just don't over do. I love your little smileling pie.

Well girls...I better get started with my day...Lots to do! I'll try to stop back this evening. By the way I did want to say thank you for the cards from: Holly, Linda W. Linda L, Kenna Lou, Patti and Sheryle. Love the recipes too. Also Prayers are still being said for Linda W. ..hopefully she's not in too much pain. Hello to anyone who stops by after me and I hope everyone has a really nice day!! Take care..Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Lagar
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning All,

Just a quick little note and I'll try to get back later. Seems like I have so much to catch up on Confused

Have a great day everyone.
Linda
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still trying to post a pics. GRRRRR! it won't work.
SoCalScottishGal
Senior Sous Chefs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here comes Jan, Ölater than everyone as usua.l Very Happy Wishing a good Saturday morning to Holly, Kenna Lou, Sheryle, Vicki, Debbie, Linda and all my BS and TOH friends to follow me today.
It is a true winters day here in ďSunny (NOT) Southern CaliforniaĒ. We have such weird weather here, sometimes its 80į plus even on Christmas day. Itís cloudy, rainy and cold here at the moment so I decided to put a fire log in the fireplace and have my coffee with you this morning Very Happy . A good day to stay in and stay cozy. I had planned to do just that today BUT...brain surgeon that I am, I forgot to refill my Momís pill minder when I left there yesterday so I will be going out today after all, darn it. I was helping my Mom make some of that Miracle Fudge to give out to her neighbors in fancy little tins, they looked so professional and soooo cute. She had such fun giving a gift from her kitchen to her friends just like the old days. She can't do this on her own now because of the short term memory loss. I can not tell you what a smile it put on my face and in my heart yesterday to see her like that again Very Happy .

(((Sheryle))) Your sweet Mother is sitting in heaven with my husband right now listening to the Angels sing. Itís so hard to be without them and our hearts hurt so much to be without the earthly body we are used to seeing and hugging, but I just keep telling myself I will see him again and you will see your Mother again and in the meantime they are having Christmas with Jesus this year and saving a place for us until we see them again, and oh what a happy thought that is Very Happy . Thatís how I have gotten through last year and this year, otherwise I would crack up. I just know your Mom is smiling down on you and was with you making your cookies. I am happy you have dreams of her. I havenít had one of my DH, oh how I would love to have just one.

Vicki Iím glad to hear your stitches are out, sounds like your on the mend my friend. Very Happy
Debbie, thatís good news indeed that your Momís doing better. Prayer does work. Very Happy
Keeping good thoughts for Linda W and hoping she is not in much pain as she recovers Very Happy .

I wish you all a very happy day whether your staying in or going out today. Everyone thatís going out be sure to watch out for those holiday drivers. Donít mean to sound bossy itís the Mama in me, I canít help it, LOL. Very Happy
Iíll try to get back later to see how everyoneís day went if I find some time.

Oh by the way, did anyone go look at the Christmas tree contest here on BakeSpace and vote? Cubbybear /Margie has a tree there. Next year I hope to enter mine when I get all this pic/siggy/posting thing figured out Very Happy , and I will!!! I intend to learn after the holidays are over.

~Jan~
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Today Is My Dad's Birthday, But No Celebration.... Reply with quote

Our church-friends since 1973 are in a bad way. Margie is blind (Macular Degeneration), and Don can no longer take care of himself and/or his wife of years, Margie. In Don's words "we are moving to a retirement community, Lanier Village Estates in Gainesville, GA. This will put us just 15 miles from Gretchen and Hugh and give us perpetual care 'til the end." Hugh & Gretchen are their kids.

Update on Joseph Johnnie. He had his surgery this past Tuesday, December 12, 2006) he was been really tired, but, his same onery self. They had been hoping to have him go back home and get 24/7 nursing care. But, unfortunately, we were right, and his wife was wrong. Their insurance does not cover for 24/7 nursing care at home.
So, Joseph Johnnie is right now in a nursing home for one month, and afterwards, if his rehabilitation goes as planned, he will go back home with his wife, Rosa.

Many thanks to ya'all for your continued prayers, kind words, e-mails and support, they mean more to us all than ya'all will ever know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: