BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sunday Morning - Dec. 17
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Sunday Morning - Dec. 17 Reply with quote

Good morning friends! Can you believe that one week from today is Christmas Eve?

I'm up earlier than usual for Sunday. We get up at 6:45 for church, but I couldn't sleep, so decided to come here for awhile until DH gets up.

I wanted to let you all know something. I sent Babette a message and asked her approval if we could start a daily prayer post. I know that many of us pray for each other in times of sickness, sorrow, etc. I feel like the prayer requests are easily lost in the general posting. Anyway, she said that it was okay. What does everyone think about that?

Y'all have a good Sunday!

Hugs, Kenna Lou
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Hammy Time! Reply with quote

All it took was a piece of cheese and back to Kelo I will be Wink
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cute, Holly! I am so relieved that he was found. My son is getting a new puppy this week and I didn't want the puppy to be the one that found him. Besides that, my parents are coming this weekend and my mama would freak out if she knew that thing was loose in the house. To me and her, they are nothing but glorified mice!
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everyone! I had such a busy day yesterday and got everything accomplished that I had planned. I saw such a sad sight at the laundromat though. A couple was there, who I had seen once before, they looked to be in their 70's, the man did the laundry and would order his wife around. Another woman at the laundromat said something to me about how this man barked commands at his wife and I told her that I thought the woman had some type of dementia and he may sound like he was yelling at her, but really wasn't - he just had to keep repeating things to his wife. I would glance over at them from time to time and noticed his wife doing some of the same things I had seen my mother do so many times. As someone who has cared for another who had alzheimer's type dementia, I understood what this man was going through. My heart ached for this couple.

I have cookie baking to do today, but first I am trying to fight off a headache. I had to eat a little something and then took a pain killer, so hopefully in about an hour or so, I'll feel like baking those Snickerdoodles. Can't wait to eat a couple - I haven't had one in quite some time.

Kenna Lou - why did you have to say that? I'm in denial about Christmas being so close - I still can't believe it! Laughing I think a prayer thread would be a wonderful idea.

Holly - I love the cute kitty and the mouse.

Vicki - how was your grandson's birthday party?

Debbie - have you checked Amazon.com for a geneaology program? They usually have tons of things like that for reasonable prices and lots of times you can even get free shipping. It may not arrive in time for Christmas at this point, but you could put a note in a card saying it was on its way. I'm so happy to hear your dear mother is improving. It will probably take some time for your mother to get her strength back especially if she isn't eating. Maybe once she gets in rehab, you and your family can take some good food to her. I know my mother didn't care for the food in the hospital or in the nursing home, but when we took her out to eat, or had her at my sisters and fed her our good home cooking, she would eat until we thought she would burst.

Linda - it's great to see you posting again. You sound like my sister, every time she comes back from visiting her son in Washington state, she always gets sick. She says she thinks it has something to do with flying and the air in the plane.

Jan - how wonderful for your mother to have that candy to give as gifts. I'm sure she really enjoyed that! When my mother got to the point that she couldn't make fudge and pies to give to friends and family, she didn't enjoy Christmas as much. I can almost feel the joy in your mother's heart at having the little tins of fudge to give to her friends. (((Jan))) I know it has to be so hard to be without your DH. I am thinking of you often and I know one day we'll be spending Christmas with our loved ones again.

My thoughts and prayers go out to our dear friend Linda W. - I hope her recovery is going well and that she'll be back chatting with us soon. Also to Debbie's dear mother, that she continues to improve.

Have a great day and I hope to be able to check back in later.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com

Last edited by cookiebakr on Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Glad To Hear Hammy Is OK Reply with quote

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Kenna Lou, Holly, and all to follow!
Kenna Lou - Thank you for suggesting the prayer post. Should it be a daily or weekly thread? If it was weekly, we could better keep track of answered prayers as well as current needs. (Just my opinion at the moment.) How nice to see you post pictures, too. Is your son's puppy going to be an indoor or outdoor pet?

Holly, do you dream up all those captions!! You certainly know how to keep us in stitches!

I should be in church at the moment, but I must have overdone yesterday. Both eyes are swollen, again! I'd better get back to those compresses. (We had a wonderful time at my grandson's birthday party, yesterday.)

Have a good day,
Vicki

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheryle~~
As as almost every day, we seem to post at approximately the same time. Good Morning, to you, too. Don't keep too busy.

My grandson's birthday celebration was a wonderful time with a small number of friends and family. My daughter did all the planning and hosting.

Have to get those compresses back on my eyes.
Hugs,
Vicki
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenna Lou - did you lose a hampster? Ooohh - not a fan, too much like mice. This reminds me of my niece's hampster, His name was Hammy! My niece, Patti, is only a year and eight months younger than me and we grew up almost like sisters. She had this hampster and he was a pro at breaking out of his cage. One time she was going to spend the night with me and since she was living with her father and stepmother at the time, didn't want to leave Hammy at home, so she brought him along. We decided rather than sleeping in my room, we would take our sleeping bags into the living room and sleep there - after Mom's ok of course. My sleeping bag was over by the sofa and around 7:00 AM I woke up saw this little creature running around under the sofa. I nearly jumped out of my sleeping bag until I realized it was Hammy - he had escaped again! I yelled at Patti, to capture that hampster and put it back in its cage! Yuck!

Vicki - sounds like you had better take it easy today, you sure don't want to do any damage to those eyes.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

test
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: LOL. Reply with quote

(((Vicki)))

Try always to stay positve and it is fun having a sense of humor and having those who enjoy it

Look it is Hammy's cousin![/img]http://www.leechvideo.com/video/view91934.html[url][/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: