BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wednesday, 12-20-2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redawna kaly_ab
Garde Manger Chef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Good Morning! Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Well I can finally say it was worth it!!! The renos are winding down now and none to soon with Christmas being on Monday. It is amazing how much furniture you can fit into one kitchen we you do it stratigically! The carpet installers put us behind 6 days but they came and wrapped up the job yesterday and it looks good. So I am busy putting everything back in its place.

I need to do some catching up. Linda, how did your surgery go? How are you feeling? Debbie, how is your mom doing this week? Hello to Tjaart, glad you have joined in! Hi Sheryle, Holly, Jan, Linda, Patti, Kenna Lou, Vicki, Linda and anyone else I may have missed.

It is great to be back! But I am having trouble getting to my kitchen, when I sign in the page comes up blank? Any ideas?

I hope you all have a great day!

Redawna
SoCalScottishGal
Senior Sous Chefs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Holly, Linda L, Vicki, Linda W, Debbie, Redawna and anyone who follows me in today. I always like Wednesday, it puts the weekend in sight Very Happy . I had trouble getting on for a couple of days Crying or Very sad and only have a few minutes in the mornings so if it doesnít let me on I just have to peek in at TOH and go to work although I love coming here first these days. I get withdrawals and miss everyoneís posts. Well, I got in today and am thankful for that Very Happy . Itís 9:00 AM here and donít have to leave today until 10 so I get to check out both sites Woo Hoo! (Iím easy to please Laughing )

Holly- I hope John is doing better. Very Happy Smiling at the pics you post to brighten our day.

Linda L-Thanks for the Santa tip, I will invite him to my kitchen.

Vicki- I copied that recipe yesterday on TOH, it looked right up my alley since I mastered the pecan praline recipe. I love praline, it tastes like maple sugar candy to me. Going to get some cornflakes today to try it, thank you.

Linda W- So glad your back posting. I missed your posts. Iíve been praying for you. When my Mom had surgery they gave her Codeine and it made her throw up everything until they D/C it. Are you on any pain meds? If so maybe thatís the cause although my DDIL just gave birth on Dec. 6th and a few days after she got home she was running at both ends all day long and I think she got it (flu or whatever) from the hospital???

Debbie- Still praying for your Mom. Congratulations for being a featured chef today.

Redawna-I agree 100% about how much you can get into a kitchen furniture wise when your having carpet installed. Itís like moving the whole house with out having a new house lol.

Well everyone I will you all a happy and blessed day Very Happy .

~Jan~
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon everyone. It's lunch time and thought I would check in for a bit. Not much going on with me but work, work, work. I'm trying to fight off a cold that I'm sure I caught from one of my coworkers. She's been in here hacking, sneezing and blowing her nose for about a week and a half now. I wasn't feeling very well yesterday so started on Zicam and was in bed and asleep by 8:30 last night and am feeling a little better today. We're all a little worried now, because the same coworker now has pink eye and has been coming into the office. I told my sister, if I get pink eye from this girl, I may have to say something to her. It's bad enough she always comes in here whining, moaning, groaning and complaining everyday, now she's bringing in her germs to pass around to the rest of us. Whew - that felt good to vent! Two more days until I'm out of here for Christmas - woo hoo!!!!

Holly - sorry to hear about your DH, I'm sure you are taking good care of him.

Linda L - hope you're feeling better - I'm glad to see you're posting more. I did see Santa, I even checked out his profile - too cute!

Vicki - that Cranberry Almond Coffee cake looks very good and I have some fresh cranberries in the fridge. If I don't use them for bread, I may try this recipe. Of course, I'll have to do it before the end of the year because everyone will be on a diet and won't to eat it. I could wait until the middle of the month when they are all eating again. Laughing

Linda W - I was just going to suggest the same thing as Jan. My sister had knee replacement surgery about two years ago and she was sick for quite a while due to her pain meds. I'm the same way some pain meds make me sick and so does the anesthesia. Praying for your continued improvement.

Debbie - I hope your cold gets better soon. I know how difficult it is not to be able to visit you mother right now, but you definitely don't want to expose her to the germs. I'm so glad she is going to be in a private room when she is in rehab. Maybe you can put a few Christmas decorations up for her - it might just help a little.

Redawna - glad to see you back. Are you going to have your house back together in time for Christmas?

Jan - sorry to hear you've been having problems getting on BakeSpace - I've missed reading your posts. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't get here - probably cry. Very Happy I'm totally hooked! How is your dear mother, did her friends like her fudge? I love it when you write about her.

Guess I had better get back to work. Will check in later.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ladies
I finally made it to my office and can post a few messages.
I am feeling better today.
Linda Sorry to hear about the ear infection. Is it on the mend??
My mom came to help and is a big help. But still treats me as a baby.
I am walking with a cane and a walker. but by next week should be only the cane.
We are having Christmas Day at my home, didn't want to but it is here.
So we are taking in Chinese Food. Not even taking out the Christmas china, using plastic.
My attitude is it is a celebration that I am home, not what we just have to eat
Well have to go
Linda

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Holly, Linda L, Vicki, Debbie, Linda W., Redawna, Sheryle, Kenna Lou, Suzanne, Jan,Tjaart, and everyone else who comes by today.

**Holly thank you for the beautiful e-mails that you sent to me, I tried to e-mail you back but for some reason my program wouldn't let me send it. I hope that John's legs are feeling better today.
**Vicki, I saw the recipe for the praline crunch and was wishing that I had some Corn Flakes. Is it as easy to make as it sounds?
**Debbie, it has to be so frustrating to be unable to visit your Mother, I am glad that you know you shouldn't go to see her though, I am always surprised by people visiting when they don't feel well. It is so nice that she got a private room, it makes things much easier I think.
**LindaL I am glad that your ear is feeling better. Thanks for giving us the heads up about Santa, I will have to check it out.
**Linda W. I agree with what others are saying, I had no appetite when I was on the stronger pain meds either. (And if you mean keeping food in the er um other way, keep an eye on that and let the Dr. know if it goes on too long.) Linda, I was recovering last year at the Holidays, and it was hard not to be able to do the things that I normally always did, but you rest up and get back on your feet, there is always next year.
**Redawna, I bet you are so excited about all the changes in your home. I redid my kitchen this year and we just put up the last decorative shelf to complete it. I hope yours turned out just the way you wanted it to be.
**Jan, sorry to hear that you had trouble getting on, I hope it gets cleared up, I hated when the site was down before. Hope you had an easy day at work.
**Sheryle, feel free to vent, why do people take the chance on making everyone else sick?!? I sure hope that you are not sick or have pink eye over the holidays, or I might be tempted to hunt that co-worker down, tee hee.
I am happy to report that I got all my wrapping done yesterday, finished up at 10:30 p.m. Linda L., yes I tried the chocolate chip with the pudding in it, my family didn't like it as much as the regular recipe. I added toffee chips to mine yesterday, I love those. Hubby didn't get called to work today so I guess I should go pay some attention to him. I will check back later.
Patti
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO TO ALL MY DEAR FRIENDS....My dad called and they are taking mom to the ARBORS by resue squad at 3:30 this afternoon. My DD, several sisters are all going to be there this evening. My dad went up there with her. So I told DD to tell her that I loved her and hopefully will see her tomorrow afternoon. Someone is soppsed to check and make sure we can bring a little Christmas tree into her room. I've got a 3 ft. fiber optic that I brought up from the basement today..so we'll take that in if it's ok.

*****REDAWNA< Glad to see you back and so glad your home got finished right in the nick of time. You are probably wore out. I bet it's beautiful though! I've not had any trouble getting in my kitchen,but if you continue to have trouble, just e-mail Babette...she is always soooo good to help!

*****JAN, I'm with you dear friend....I always seem to gravitate here first, then to TOH. Sometimes if I'm really busy , I don't make it to TOH for a few days. So I'm "featured chef"?? I didn't know that...thanks for letting me know. How's that grandbaby ? Are you having fun spoiling him??

*****SHERYLE, I surely hope you don't catch something from your co-worker...especiaaly pink eye!!! Does that ZICAM work good? I've been taking Day-quil and Nite-quil, but I'd likt to dry this cold up a liitle faster. We are checking on putting a tree in Mom's room. i really don't think they'll care, but it's always good to ask first. I can't wait to see her.

*****LINDA W, Now, now , now...let your moma spoil you while you're healing. I know she'll probably get on your nerves, but that's what moms do when they are taking care of thier sick children. I agree with you....you are celebrating the fact that you are home and Chinese and plasticworks for me too. So glad you are doing so well...but you are one tough lady and very detriminded too!!

*****PATTI, Gald you got all your wrapping done ...it takes so long to wrap things. I'm almost finished..I need to get some tissue paper, before i can finish, then Friday, I'm going to the bank for gift cards..so those will be easy to wrap and I'm done !!!

Well girls, I'd better go get some dinner started.....I really don't feel like eating, in fact I might just have DH go out and get him a sub or something. You ALL take care, I think I might just go take some meds for this cold and take a nap...the heck with dinner. I'll talk with you all tomorrow morning.....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
anita
Chef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

Smile Hi everyone. Linda I made Carol's butter pecan cookies. I made them at Thanksgiving and they were such a hit that everyone asked for them again for Christmas. I also made Buckeyes. I had lost my recipe so Catalu sent me hers and they turned out great. Today I baked Peggy's recipe for Sugar cookies. I think I am done with all the candy making and cookies. Now I hope to have a little breather before Christmas eve. Everyone have a great evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smile Anita
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: