BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thursday-12/21
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lagar
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Thursday-12/21 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Few more days and the BIG day will be here. I still have a few things to bake otherwise I'm done. How about everyone else?

Anita- I know what you mean about alittle break- I still have cheesecakes to make that I promised for christmas and then that's it!

LindaW- Nothing wrong with Chinese food! Just think you ever get your fortune told!

Debbie- Hope you are feeling better.

Holly- How is John?

Sheryle- just think- not much longer till you get that wonderful 4 day holiday.

Redawna- glad you are back with us

Patti- I told someone about the cookies with the pudding and she looked at me like I had ten heads- I like them,they are really soft and don't flatten out like my other ones did. The recipe you make- are they soft and chewy?

Jan- my kitchen takes a long time to load- I have a cable connection which is very fast so I just wait it out- well worth the wait for me.

Vicki- Wonder if you are going to post another wonderful recipe today-

Toni- Can you believe this weather? Suppose to get warm again this weekend!

Don't we have the nicest little group? I remember the very first recipe board I joined when I first got my computer and it was such a horrible experience.I feel so blessed to be in this little group.
Have a good day
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning! Well I'm at work with the complainers...if I could just have one day where these people weren't whining about something, I would be so happy. At least I just have one more day until the long weekend and I'm very happy about that!

Linda L - Isn't it nice to be done a few days before Christmas? The only thing that I have left to do is put together a hanging basket to put on my mothers grave Monday - Christmas would have been her 87th birthday. I really had it pretty easy - got my cards out early, ordered most of my gifts online and had them shipped directly to my family, and just had a few things to pick up for our student employees. I may bake some more cookies tonight (I have some left over Snickerdoodle dough and some cookie dough I bought from the high school cheerleaders) and I would like to try some of that Miracle Fudge that everyone is talking about.

Linda W - I know mothers can be a little annoying when we aren't well and they treat us like children, but no one worries about you or takes care of you as well as you mother. My mom was always the same way - if she were here today she would tell me to go home and put some Vicks on my chest and stay in bed. I guess we never get to old to stop being our mothers babies.

Debbie - I am so glad your mom is in rehab now and I hope you are well enough to visit her. I know how hard that must have been for you. Yes I do like Zicam. I use the Nasal Gel as soon as I start feeling like I'm catching a cold and I don't get it near as bad and it doesn't last as long either.

Time to get to work - will try to check back in later.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: :O) Reply with quote

Good morning, everyone! Praying ya'all are getting through the holiday madness. MDH John is still having lots of problems with his legs, he is in our bed on his breathing machine, right now, his emphysema and COPD are taking their toll on him-even though he had the pneumonia shot this year. We got our Babette Christmas card, yesterday, many thanks (((Babette)))
and got our first Bake Space newsletter this morning, too Exclamation Babette, is that you in the cupcake-the blonde one Question
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly - I'm so sorry to hear that John isn't doing well, I'm sure it's awful to have to be on that breathing machine. Will continue to pray for him.

Sheryle

Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Linda, Sheryle, Holly and everyone else who stops by today. Can't believe Christmas is almost here. I have alot of the gift wrapped, but still have more to do. Today, I just have to dust (ugh!) and I will be finished cleaning house. I normally do housework on Monday, but since my parents and my brother are coming Saturday, I wanted to wait later in the week to clean.

I still need to make some more candy and another batch of party mix if I get around to it.

Prayers are going up for Debbie's mom, John (Holly's DH), Vicki and Linda W.

Also, I would ask everyone to pray for me. Most of you know that I am a pastor's wife and I'm use to praying for others and don't ask prayer for myself much, but this is urgent! Over the weekend, I found a lump in my breast and I am very scared! I have doctor's appointment next Wednesday. Please pray that this turns out to be NOTHING! Something like this has always been my worst fear. My dad's parents both died with cancer and his 3 brothers, too. So, please pray. Thanks, girls!

I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful Christmas.
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenna Lou - I'm so sorry to hear this - it could be nothing, my sister has lumps all the time and they'll do a biopsy and they aren't cancerous. I pray that it will be the same for you. (((Kenna Lou)))

Sheryle

hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending more prayers and continuing to keep you in our daily prayers & thoughts, Kenna Lou Exclamation Exclamation [/img]
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MOPRNING LINDA L, SHERYLE, HOLLY, KENNA LOU and EVERYONE that stops in.........Today it's rainy and chilly, but what do we expect from the first day of winter! I'm not complaining , at least we aren't getting hit hard like out in the mid-west, Colorado. I still have my cold, but it's drying up some...so I think I'm going to attempt to vivist Mom and just not get too close. I'll let DD tell here anything I want to say to her. DD and my DS's went to see her last nite and mentioned that we were going to bring in a small Christmas tree...and she said she didn't want any tree, no decorations of any sort, no gifts either all she wanted was to be home. So now I don't know if I should take the tree in or not...it might upset her. I think I'm going to take it with us, just not take it in right away. I logged on to my kitchen this morning and it took a few minutes to load...but like Linda L said it's worth the wait.

*****LINDA L> How nice of you to tell us all how much we mean to you. I feel the same way. I love our little group too and always think of you all like my dearest friends! We are very blessed to have each other.

*****SHERYLE> I think I'm ging to get me some of that Zicam today while I'm out. What I'm taking just isn't getting the job done. A few more days and you won't have to listen to those whiners, so just hang in there and I hope you have a good day at work. You said you had leftover snickerdoodle dough and was going to make more cookies with it today...Linda L has a good recipe on the board that has apples in it...here it is:

10/13/06 09:44 AM
Title Apple Filled Snickerdoodles
Directions & Backstory Apple-Filled Snickerdoodles
A crisp and chewy cookie with a spicy apple center. Makes 2 1/2 dozen.

Cook Time: 14 min.

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine OR butter, softened
1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg beaten
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3 cups Apple Cinnamon Tasteeos crushed to 1 1/4 cups
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/3 cup apple butter OR applesauce

INSTRUCTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheet. In large bowl cream margarine, 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar. Add egg; mix well. Stir in flour and baking soda. Add cereal, stirring until well combined. In small bowl combine cinnamon and 3 tablespoons of sugar. For each cookie, roll 1 teaspoon into a ball. Roll ball in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place on prepared cookie sheet.Indent cookie. Spoon ½ teaspoon apple butter or apple sauce into center of each cookie.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.

Let stand 1 minute before removing cookie from baking sheet

Location Southampton, NY
Listed In DESSERTS > Cookies & Brownies

*****HOLLY> Prayers are coming JOHN"S way.....he sounds like he has what my MOm has. does he smoke, if so I pray to God that he stops, so he doesn't end up like Mom. I got several family members that said they were stopping after seeing everything Mom has went through. hope he starts to feel better soon. I played around with putting graphics on bake space last nite and of course it didn't work. The only thing I didn't see, was when you say click over the image and menu pops up, go to properties...which I did, but then you say it will say it will say location. I did not see the word location any where. I'm going to play with it again today..hopefully I'll get it one of these days!!

*****KENNA LOU> My dear sweet friend, don't ever feel bad because you need a prayer! That's what friends are for...to be there for each other. I will difinitely say a prayer for youand i feel in my heart that it's probably nothing but a cist. my sis gets those all the time. I realize you're scared, you just need to use your faith that it won't be a bad outcome. I'm sending hugs your way(((KENNA LOU))) !!! Please try not let this worry you over the holidays and the visit from your parents and your brother. How nice is that going to be?? Hope you all make some new memories together!

I nned to get going as I have several things to do, before I go see Mom. I hope everyone has a good day today and I'll ceck in later to let ya know how mom is doing. Take care...Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Redawna kaly_ab
Garde Manger Chef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Good Morning! Reply with quote

Hi All,

Its is a beautiful day here in Alberta!

Ran to school this morning to drop off DS's cookie tray and gift bag for his teacher, I hope she likes Chocolate!!! It is their party today, I'm sure a good time will be had by all!

Hi Linda, Sheryle (I don't enjoy complainers either), Holly (prayers for John), Kenna Lou (Hugs & Prayers), Debbie (good to hear you mom is on the mend), Jan, Linda, and anyone else popping in today!

Kenna Lou, try and not worry to much, I know easier said then done. I had a lump checked out last year and I was very comforted by my Dr. When she started listing off the signs of Breast Cancer I was happily surprised that I had none of the symptoms she listed off. Everything will be fine!

Well I guess I should get busy, I have curtains and pictures to hang (I was supposed to do it yesterday) and I have a bit more wrapping to do.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Redawna
SoCalScottishGal
Senior Sous Chefs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everyone. I finally got in. It always says its done loading but nothing but a white screen no matter how long I wait (I have dial up but I am very patient). Oh well, Im in today at least.

Linda L- I agree, this is a really nice group of ladies here. I look forward every day to see how everyone is doing.

Sheryle- Hang in there, only one more day and then your freeWoo Hoo!!

Holly- Im praying for John to start feeling better. Hugs and prayers to both of you.

(((((((((Kenna Lou))))))))) - Big warm hugs to you my friend. I know its easy for me to say to try not to worry over the holidays but the up side is that you get to see the Doctor in less than a week. My sister had a lump over Christmas one year and didnt tell anyone and worried herself sick and it was benign thank God. I also had a lump the size of a walnut when my second son was only 14 mos. old and I was sure scared to death with all kinds scary thoughts about all the what ifs with the kids being so small, but thank God it was also benign and the boys are now 41, 37 and 32. I am praying that yours will be benign too. I will defiantly keep you in prayer my dear friend.

Debbie- Have fun with your Mom today. I hope your visit lifts her spirits. I still have her in prayer, especially with the Christmas holiday nearing.

Everyone try to stay warm (burrrrr, its cold here) and I hope you all have a wonderful day.

~Jan~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: