BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saturday, December 23 - two more days until Christmas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Saturday, December 23 - two more days until Christmas Reply with quote

Good morning everyone! I'm so happy to be away from work for four whole days, and yes I did sleep in this morning - woke up at 7 AM which is two hours later than when I have to work. I got up turned up the furnace and crawled back in bed for a few minutes until the house warms up a bit. I don't have a lot planned for today - very unusual for this time of year.

Tjaart - I hope you stop in today to say high and tell us what you've been up to.

Pat - I also hope you joins us again today too.

Vicki - how was your afternoon with your grandson?

Linda W - you continue to amaze me! You are doing so well - can't keep a good woman down, right?

Redawna - how was your DH's office supper? Hope you had a good time.

Holly - your DH John's BF reminds me a lot of my father. What can you do with a stubborn old man? At his age it may take a while for him to recover from surgery. Are you ready for Christmas?

Babette - I did see your skunk story - it was funny. When I frist saw the subject I was almost afraid to read it, was afraid it was a recipe...LOL

Linda L - I saw the thread on TOH about people not wanting to eat homemade gifts. I guess I'm too trusting - when someone brings in food at work, I never give it another thought and just eat it. The only persons food I wouldn't eat was anything my nephew's ex-wife prepared. She had several cats and never cleaned her house and the cats went to the bathroom everywhere throughout the house even on the stove. It's so nice of you to make goodies for the staff at the pharmacy - I'm sure they never get anything from others. I know I don't think of taking food gifts to them.

Patti - even though the secret recipe for Pecan Pie is on the Karo bottle, I still couldn't make it - I'm a terrible pie baker. My Mom always told me I could bake pie if I did it more often.

Debbie - You have had quite a crazy December! How awful about your SIL - glad he's doing better. I'm so glad your mother is improving, when they start eating, it's always a good sign. I added one more recipe to the Cookie Swap thread. I hope you get a chance to try some - they were all so good!

Kenna Lou and Jan - we miss you!

Guess I had better get up and get some breakfast. Have a great day!

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com

Last edited by cookiebakr on Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:05 am; edited 3 times in total
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning to all.It's a warm wet morning here in NC.Doesn't feel much like Christmas weather.It is suppose to cool down Christmas day and rain again.
Today I have to take my granddaughters to Christmas play practice at 10:00 a.m. Then we're going to make an orange cake with orange buttercream frosting.We are having our Christmas dinner tomorrow after church.My daughter and her family are having Christmas dinner with her in-laws on Christmas day.That day I'm doing nothing,just going to relax!

Wishing you all a great day .

Pat
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Sheryle, Pat and anyone else who finds time to stop in today. Pat you sound like me, we get together with ALL our family Christmas eve, have a huge buffet, exchange gifts, then Christmas Day hubby and I stay home and relax and let the kids get together with the other sides of their family. Sheryle, I am glad you got to enjoy a nice warm morning of sleeping in. It is 48 degrees here already! It rained so hard here yesterday that our basement is taking on water, what a mess. My granddaughter is coming to spend the night tonite, her parents have a company Christmas party to go to, and since everyone will be coming her tomorrow anyway it works out great. I hope everyone's holidays are wonderful!! Debbie, I hope your Mom continues to improve day by day. Kenna Lou, enjoy your family and try not to worry. Well I gotta get busy so I can have everything done before my granddaughter arrives, I like to give her my undivided attention. Very Happy
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone
Well each day I get better and better. I am walking with the cane and getting around great. My only problem is going out I need to carry my large toilet seat. How embarassing. I didn't think of that. That will be for a couple of months, so I guess everyone will be coming to me instead of me coming to them.
Going to set up my house for the Christmas Dinner, need to open the table etc. The girls are home so they can help.
Everyone on bake space seems to be busy. So I will get going.
Hope everyone has a great day

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

A quick Good Morning to all!
Grandson coming to find Grandma. Yeah!

Have a wonderful day. Hope to check in later.

Vicki

Smile
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING SHERYLE, PAT, PATTI, LINDA W, and EVERYONE that stops in.....Today is going to be busy for me and i thought i'd better stop in here first thing or the day would get away from me. I 've got eggs on cooking, so I can make Macaroni Salad when I get out of the shower. Then I'm making a Pumpkin Crunch cake and if I have time I need to make Fruit Salad...it might have to wait until this evening. DH and I have to take a few thing over to his parents home and there's a store there I want to run into real quick...then it'll be off to visit Mom. I can't wait to see her,I want to see how much improvement she had in a few days. I'll let you all know. DH is out Christmas shopping right now and I ask him not to go to the Mall or Wal-mart area...it's a mad house out there. We had several accidents in the area yesterday and several people were killed..how sad, I just can't imagine that happening. You have to go pass both those places to get to our home and I told DH and DD to take the long way around, and not fight the traffic.

*****SHERYLE, Isn't it wonderful to be able to sleep in? I had turned our furnace way down yesterday when it was 60* and forgot to turn it up last nite, so i got chilly too...I just cuddled up to DH !!! DSIL is doing better, we were talking last nite about him be allergic to nuts....but he eats Peanut butter sandwiches...you would think all nuts would be the same.. It sure did give us all a scare, especially him and DD!! I'll have to go check out that other recipe you added..the other ones sounded really good...I'll be giving them a try. I have an incurable sweet tooth!! Hope you have a restful day!!!

*****PAT, So glad you joined us again today. Sounds like you've
got your day all planned out. The Orange Cake sounds really good. You know I think next year, DH and I will probably do what you all are doing
this year...to have dinner on Christmas Eve or even the day before that and let DD and her family do with the in-laws for CHRISTMAS DAY! I'm already stressing about how painful my foot is going to feel after these next couple days. Hope you have an enjoyable dinner with your family and a relaxing day on Christmas.

*****PATTI, Hope you have fun with your granddaughter today. How old is she? I'll get to play with both my grandsons tomorrow. They are 11 mo. and the oldest , just turned 4! We had a lot of rain here yesterday too..Although it was 60*..it felt like a cold rain and I'm praying we all don't get sick. Sorry to hear your basement took on water...did you lose anything? I hope not!

*****LINDA W, I'm going to start calling you "WONDER WOMAN" LOL
You'll never cease to amaze me. Just take care of yourself and please don't over -do...don't be too shy to ask your family for a little bit of help.

Well Girls...I really need to get busy, I'll try yo stop in later this evening and let you know how Mom is doing. Take care and Hello to All my dear friends who haven't stopped in yet. Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Lovecooking
Garde Manger Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello friends!

I'm so happy it is Saturday and all my Christmas work is done (other than the floors in my house which are taking a beating from our house guest, Ginger-my daughter's dog).

Got up early this morning and went grocery shopping. I figured if I went early everything would be stocked well and less chance of seeing people I knew. Unfortunately I saw many people I knew and I looked horrible. Oh well!

My cookies are all done and in containers...if I can just keep my family from sneaking them. I have all my food bought, just has to be put together. I need to bake a rum cake and mock cherry pie to take to my brother's tomorrow night.

Sheryle, I miss seeing you since I've been off work. I'm so glad you are off for four days. I hope you are doing okay...of course, we are home all day Christmas if you want to stop by.

I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday! Enjoying cooking and caking!!

Suzanne
Lagar
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afternoon Ladies,

Sheryle and I are doing the same thing- I woke up late,didn't get up- put Turner Classic Movie channel on and watched a TWO wonderful old movies then I made Footsie's Jessi's Key Lime Pie- never made it before and I made it as a gift so I hope I person I gave it to likes it. At 2 today the old 1938 version of The Christmas Carol is on and I'll be watching it.
My ear is fine now the meds did their job and I am good to go- thanks for all you prayers.
Tjaart- How are you?

Pat- Nice to see that you stopped in to chat with us.The orange cake sounds yummy.

Vicki- Can't wait to hear about the fun you had with your grandson.

LindaW- Think is great that you are doing so well.

Toni- 60 here today- one of our trees haas buds opening! NOT normal for this time of year!

Kelo- How are you? Did you get the puppy?

Redawna-What kind of goodies did you have at the office dinner? Bet it was good.

Holly- your DH in my thoughts and prayers.

Patti- Have a wonderful day with your grandaughter Very Happy

Debbie- Glad you liked the tree on the event christmas post- thought it was so pretty. Praying that your Mom continues to improve.

Suzanne-Isn't it a nice feeling when all the baking is done?

Bakerfreek- Not long now till your Big Birthday!

Jan- Have you been getting alot of rain out there? Weather seems to be crazy this year.

Ky Kate- Anita-Motherof2boys-My3sons-Tater-and if I missed anyone-

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
anita
Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: christmas Reply with quote

Smile Just have time to wish everyone a very Blessed Christmas.

anita Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: