BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wednesday, December 27
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Wednesday, December 27 Reply with quote

Good morning everyone! Well, it's back to work for me today - but only for two days then I have another four day weekend. Did anyone fight the crowds at the stores yesterday? My eldest sister called and wanted to know if I wanted to go with her to return some things and I said, no way.

Suzanne - if you start missing your daughter too much and get lonely, you can always come in and work. LOL

Kenna Lou - I'll be thinking of and praying for you today. Congrats on the new camera - you'll love it.

Pat - how was your DGD's birthday party? I know how you feel - my mother and I were good friends too and I miss her so much.

Linda L - since you aren't working this week, you have any plans?

Linda W - hope your doctors appointment goes well.

Debbie - hope everything is going well with you and your mother.

Anita - I know the mixed emotions you have with your mother. We never did know for sure whether Mom had Alzheimer's, but her dementia was Alzheimer's type. The only thing good about her dementia is that she became more loving - she always loved us, but she showed it more towards the end. She was never one to hug and kiss us, but during the last couple of years, I never left her that we didn't hug, kiss and say I love you - I am so glad we had that. She always knew us too - I'm so thankful for that. My prayers are with you, I know how difficult it is to be a caregiver for someone with dementia.

I have to go dry my hair and finish getting ready for work.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com

Last edited by cookiebakr on Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:07 am; edited 3 times in total
Lagar
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Sheryle and all to follow,

Sheryle- two days is great then 4 days off again-now that's a nice work week Wink I'm up early- have a few appointments.

On TOHBB someone wished all the Junes a merry christmas- who is the Junes?

I know Holly celebrated Christmas yesterday- hope you had a wonderful day.

Kenna Lou, LindaW and Debbie's Mom and Jans Mom- will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

Have a good day.

Last edited by Lagar on Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Tater
Garde Manger Chef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Mornin everyone.
Hopefully a quiet day around here. Just catching up on everything.

Sheryle, congrats on you Blog. Your writings are beautiful.

Suzanne, did you get something good with your $10 coupon??????

Kenna Lou, our prayers are with you, don't feel like you are alone. We will all be with you. And leave the camera home!!!. LOL Dr. won't like having his picture taken. Laughing

Pat hope the party was fun and where did you go for diner???

Lager do something fun this week.

Linda W. Hope you get good answers for the Doctor.

Debbie praying for you Mom to get better.

Everyone have a great day.
Kathy
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING TO "ALL MY DEAR FRIENDS".......I thought I'd get in here early this morning , before something un-forseen happened again. I had my day all planned out and acually did get started. I had a mountain of laundry to do, the carpet needed vaccumn, had my big 18-qt. Nesco to wash and put away and planned to go see Mom around 1:00 with DD and the boys. DD called all upset said, DSIL was having chest pains and he was afraid he was having a heart attach and would she take him to the ER. So she ask me to watch the boys while she took him. Of course they quickly put him on an EKG and determined it wasn't his heart (Thank God..he's only 24 anyway)...so they did a chest X-Ray, thought he might have a touch of phnemonia (sp?...tried to find it in the dictionary, but if you don't know how to spell it , how can you find it?) any nothing there either...next thing was blood tests...nothing there either. They didn't know what was wrong with him. Ok could it be something lingering from his allergic reaction to nuts the other day, because he said he hasn't felt good since that day OR I thought it sounded like an aniety attach. I use to have them and his symptons sounded just like mine. I told DD and DSIL he need to make an appt with thier family doctor and get this straighten out. At least it wasn't anything too serious!
I didn't get to go see Mom until DH got home from work. I was so pleased when I walked into her room...She had lipstick on again, her hair was brushed and the best part ....she was dressed in jeans and a sweater!!!!! I think that's the first time she's had reg. clothes on in over a month!! They took her cather out and she was so pround of herself that she went to the bathroom and did # 1 and 2 . Of course she had to have help there because she is still very weak, but she is getting stronger everyday. They took her upstairs for exercise twice yesterday. I ask her if I could bring her anything or do anyhting for her and she said no..and then I ask her if she would like to have a back rub with some baby powder and she smiled..so i rubbed her back and she kept saying ...Oh that feels so good.....so I know she appreciated it.
SO now today is cleaning day and laundry day, but I wanted to check in with you all first and say hello.

***VICKI, Back to work today, but at least it won't be a long week. Isn't it amazing just how fast 4 days goes by? Those Choc. Letters sound really good. That's surprising they didn't melt going to AZ.

***SHERYLE, Congratulations on being chosen "BLOG of the WEEK" I read it and it was very touching.Glad you had a good relaxing Christmas day. I can understand why you wouldn't want to go to your sisters.....she could have brought you some dinner though. I took Mom the card you sent her and she smiled and told me to tell you..."She's a sweetheart and a very thoughtful person for thinking about her. Tell her thank you, And she also says "THANK YOU" to EVERYONE for saying prayers for her.

***KATHY, I with you on getting my house back to normal, but mine will have to wait for the week-end, so DD can help me. I just hope I don't have the boys then , because it's hard to clean when they want to play or worse yet help!!

***SUZANNE, So sorry your felling down. I would fell the same way too .It's never easy to say good-bye. Did you have a nice visit though? My DD and her family have been talking about moving to Richmond VA, because of work, and I don't know what i'll do if they do.

***KENNA LOU, What a nice Christmas present. Have fun learning how to use it. Some are easier than others to use. We got one this summer and i still am learning about it's different features. So glad you had a nice day with your parents and your brother. Today is doctor day...My prayers are going ther with you and hope you receive good news.

***PAT, Hope you had fun at the Birtday party. And the shopping with DD and dinner afterwards sounds fun too!! About the graphics...i just learned myself and I would not be a good one to explain it to ya..you need to talk to our dear friend "HOLLY". She helped me and stuck with me until I finally got it. Good Luck!!

***LINDA L, I seen a few days ago where you were choisen "Featured chef" congratulations !! What a wonderful surprise to hear from your son on Christmas day. Loved the scuba pic of you holding the Merry Christmas sign !

***LINDA W, I can't believe the doctors messed up the sciatic nerve near your good leg and now it's numb.I've had sciatic nerve problems in my back andI know how painful that can be. Wonder if there's anything they can do and I wonder if it well be a long term problem....Goosh I hope not. Let us know what the doctor says. So glad your doing well other than that. You're healing remarkbly fast. How nice ofyour brotrher to bring you that big ole ham.I guess we
ll be eating ham for several days. i'm going to make some ham salad out of some of it.

Well, I gotta go get busy..I hope everyone has a good day and don't work to hard. Take care...Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Good Morning TOH BBers & Bake Spacers! :O) Reply with quote

We got the Joy Of Cooking NEW cookbook from my sister last night, MDH John will post recipes if anyone has any to request Very Happy
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning everyone,I'm late getting on today.Since school is out my regular routine isn't regular.Need to start cooking soon as my DH leaves for work this afternoon.I'm having pork chops and squash patties.

Sheryle , Love those four day weekends,don't work to hard Laughing

Linda , I'm not real sure but I think the Junes are maybe the June Cleaver Club group.

Kathy, We went to dinner at a small family type restaurant and the food was delicious,but I can't remember the name .It was an area I'm not to familiar with.

Monkeybusiness, Glad your DSIL is ok.Hope he does follow up with his regular dr.,don't want this happening again.
I sent Holly a message and she told me what I needed to do about the graphics but I haven't had the chance to try it yet.Still trying to get cleaned up from Christmas and the birthday party.Not an easy thing to do with the girls here.I'll probably not get it all done til they go back to school.

Holly, Will try your directions about the graphics as soon as I can.Thanks again.

Well I'd better get to my work,maybe I will get a chance to come back later.Would like to check in on everyone and see how the dr. appointments went.Real good I hope.
Keeping you all in my prayers.
Wishing you all a great day!

Pat
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Sheryle, Linda, Kathy, Debbie, Holly, Pat and everyone else who stops by today. Finally got a chance to get in here and check on everyone. Glad to hear that Debbie's Mom is doing so well, that is some great news. What a scary time for your DSIL! I hope the Dr.s can get to the bottom of it. Pat, I have some squash in the freezer I should be doing something with soon. My family wont eat it unless it is almost unrecognizable. I on the other hand like squash in any way shape or form. Vicki just keep looking forward to your next 4 days off! Sheryle congratulations on the Blog of the Week! Suzanne, I can relate, I always hate saying goodbye to my son. It wasn't so bad this time because he is coming back in a week to celebrate his birthday. I think he reminded me of that so I wouldn't tear up at the train station. Kenna Lou, a digital camera is a great gift, our kids went together and bought us one last year, we have taken so many great pictures it is unbelievable. Pat I hope the birthday party was a lot of fun and that the cake turned out beautiful and delicious. Not much going on here today. Just relaxing and planning for next weekend.
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning all
Started at the computer but got pains in my hips so laid down for a while. I took some Tylenol and feel better. Today the staples come out. I hope after this the numbness goes away in my good leg. Then I will be good to go dancing.
I didn't cook last night or tonight, still leftover Chinese food.
Has anyone heard from Kenna Lou??
It's a beautiful day here today, sun shining and the air is crisp.
Well I hope everyone has a great day, I am off to talk to Verizon why my bill doubled.
Wish me Luck
Linda
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably pushing yourself too hard; please be gentle with yourself so you can fully recuperate-we want ya to be around here 4 us :O) Very Happy
Redawna kaly_ab
Garde Manger Chef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Good Morning!~ Reply with quote

I hope you all had a great Christmas with your family and friends!!!
We had a good Christmas, just DH, myself and the kids. All the hoopla building up to the day and it is over and done with like that.

Linda, good luck today with the stitches!

Debbie, sounds like your mom is doing wonderful!!! That is excellent!

Kenna Lou, wishes for only good news!!!

Linda, the Junes are a thread on TOH, it think it is run by Cubbybear.

Hi Holly, Patti, Pat, Sheryle, Kathy, Suzanne, Jan and anyone else popping in today!

We adopted a kitten from the SPCA for DD for one of her Christmas gifts and kitty has been sneezing a lot so we will take her in for a check up today.
It think I will make up a Turkey Pot Pie for the freezer and we will have something differebt for supper, I don't feel like leftovers again, Pizza sounds good!

I hope you all have a great day!

Redawna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: