BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Friday-1/5/07
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lagar
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Friday-1/5/07 Reply with quote

OH Holly Wink Here I am-

Morning Holly and all to follow,

Wanted to get dinner in the crockpot before I leave for work. There never seems to be enough hours in the day!
I wanted to add my 2 cents in about the size of our group. I personally like a small group. We get to know each other and notice when someone isn't around.I saw LindaW mentioned that alot of TOH people haven't come over. When most of us joined so did ALOT of the others and for whatever reason they stayed on the TOH board and we either go back and forth or just stay here. It's nice to have a place to go to that has someone monitor the board,that's important to me.
Have a good day and prayers to all in need.
Linda
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Good Morning TOH BBers & Bake Spacers! :O) Reply with quote

Good Morning, Linda Lagar Very Happy wanted to let someone else have the opportunity to open for the day, so wanted to wait until you posted. Cool What's in the crockpot, today? Inquiring minds need to know Exclamation Think some TOH BBers may be lurking and not posting, just like TOH BB; wish they would join and/or post and have some fun, too-it is nice to be able to use graphics Laughing
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Linda and Holly and all who follow. I tried to get on last night and this morning but am having internet connection problems. I signed up for DSL, got my installation kit yesterday and was told my service wouldn't start until the 9th. Last night, when trying to get on line, I couldn't get a good connection, then my phone line just died. This morning my phone line was working, but still couldn't get a connection to my dial up. When I did a check, it said I needed to choose ethernet or wireless - I wonder if it has anything to do with the DSL. Anyone have any ideas, I know so little about computers. I brought my computer to work so I can go to the conference room for lunch and catch up on my reading and posting. If you don't hear from me this weekend, don't worry, it will probably be due to my internet connection problems. I hope I can get it figured out - don't know what I'll do this weekend if I don't. Maybe get some work done for a change. Laughing

Linda L. - I agree with you, I like the smaller group, although would be happy to welcome anyone who wants to join in. I know a lot of people came over when we did, but must not like it here as much. I always come here and to the TOH board, but enjoy being here more.

Guess I had better get to work. Hope to be able to post later.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Linda, Holly, Sheryle, and all to follow,

Linda, a crockpot dinner would fit in well here - comfort food on a drippy day. Actually, the rain is supposed to cease for a few hours before resuming. The weather here has been so warm that I saw buds on my lilac bush. Yikes! In January!!

Please pray for those working on our street. Yesterday, they reached 11 feet... 9 more feet to go for this sewer repair. The crew must be disappointed that the work was not completed yesterday. Now, they have to deal with rain.

Debbie, you asked about ordering glasses. I still cannot keep my contacts in for more than a 3 to 4 hours per day. So, we ordered glasses so I don't have to walk around in a blur, until I can wear my contacts longer.

Sheryle, hope your internet connection kicks in sooner than expected. We have been happy with the switch to DSL.

Holly, thanks again for all these personalized graphics. You certainly know how to bring out the smiles.

Sending smiles your way,

Vicki

Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Good Morning Linda,Holly,Sheryle,Vicki and all who come by later.
Warm morning here 63 degrees,cloudy and a few sprinkles of rain.It sure doesn't feel like winter,but I'll take it,love warm weather.
Not doing much today,think I'll clean out some files on my computer and the recycle bin.

Linda, I'll bet that whatever you have in that crockpot is delicious.We're having leftovers today.With the cost of food ,can't waste anything and I cooked to much yesterday.

Holly,really enjoy your graphics,look forward each day to seeing what different one you have posted.

Sheryle,Don't know much about computers to be of any help.When we changed to DSL we had a few problems so I called our help line and they told me how to fix it ,I did and it worked.Without them I'm helpless.

Vicki,hope you get to wear your contacts more real soon.I have to wear reading glasses and some days it get on my nerves because I can't see with them on when I'm doing anything thats not up close.So I tend to lay them down and lose them.I keep several pairs around in different rooms.

I would just like to say that I love it here on this board all of you are so nice and friendly. It makes it a pleasure to come on here each morning.I really look forward to it everyday!

Wishing all of you are wonderful day.

Pat
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Ladies
Got up real late this morning. I am making Eggplant Parm and spaghetti for dinner tonight. Have the eggplant salted and soaking for now. I have been sleeping so much since the operation, I don't know how I will ever be able to get up for work when I have to go back. I think this is what retirement feels like. Get up when you feel like it.
I have PT today. then not much.
I have to work on paperwork today, back logged on some organizations.
Well I hope all are healthy and happy today, will talk later
Linda

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING TO ALL MY WONDERFUL FRIENDS.....It's raining and going to get up to almost 70*.....WOW!! Can you say spring time? It's confusing some of my plants and trees....I noticed my Magnolia Tree is starting to get buds on it, so now I'm hoping for no big freeze! I don't know what's on my agenda for today...I slept until 10. I was up when DH was getting ready for work, sat down to watch the Today Show and next thing I know Regis and Kelly were on. Anyway, I plan on making some cookies or something sweet to snack on tonite, I just don't know what yet. I probably won't go see my Mom until after dinner, as DD has plans with a few of her friends today.

***LINDA L, Hope you have a good day at work today. Isn't it nice to know you will have dinner already fixed when you get home? I love a crock-pot!

***HOLLY, How are things going with you and John? He has a B'Day coming up? Yea!

***SHERYLE, Sorry you're having computer connection problems. What you are discribing is exactly what my DH does for a living...installs wireless internet for business and residental. if he was working in town ...I ask him about your problems..he could probably tell you wa\hats wrong. Hope you still ahve conection this week-end...we'll miss you if you don't Try and have a good day at work.

***VICKI, I just LOVE the Bears in the Rain graphic !! It is soooo cute! You have buds coming out on your Lilac bush...I'd better check mine then. This crazy weather is confusing everything! I hope we don't get a big freeze and it kills off the buds. I love this weather, but when we don't get real cold weather, we have a lot of bugs in the summer! Hope your eyes are starting to heal...just don't push too fast for the contacts!

***PAT, I'm so glad you feel welcome and at home here. I feel the same. This is the first thing I do when I get up in the morning... It's like setting around a big kitchen table drinking coffee and chatting with life long friends! Like Martha Stewart use to say...."It's a GOOD THING!!"

Well girls...I've been doing some thinking about my first answer to the question of inviting more people over to our group from TOH! Like I mentioned yesterday...we have a lot of people from there as our kitchen helpers and No one has wanted to join in yet and although I said the more the merrier, I guess I didn't want to step on anyone toes, But I also like our group the size it is now...we do have friends that stop in occasionally and I would welcome them back. I don't mean to sound wishy washie, but with a smaller group you get to know each other so much better. I need to go get busy and look in the freezer for something for dinner. Hope you all have a good day and Hello to anyone that stopped in after me. Take care...Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
anita
Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Smile Hi to all my friends on bakespace. I am hoping everthing is going well for everyone today. I agree with everyone else about toh it is special to me we all have become very close friends. I have to start dinner. I am having stuffed shells and garlic bread but can't decide on a vegatable.

Smile anita
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well gang, I'm getting ready to leave work and hope that my home internet connection will be working so I can chat with you this weekend. If not, I'll talk to you Monday.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to Holly, Sheryle, Vicki, Pat, Debbie, Anita, LindaL, Linda W., and anyone else who comes by today. Linda, I agree that it is nice here that it is monitored to keep the pesky ones away. Holly once again you make the day brighter for us, thank you. Sheryle, I hope we will not be missing you this weekend, and that you get your connection all straightened out. Vicki, did the Dr.s say how long you can expect the contacts to be a problem for you? That is a shame that you are having trouble. I noticed today that my flowering plum tree has lots of buds on it, I hope it will be okay. Pat, this place is great isn't it, I can just picture us all sitting around the table enjoying a nice cup of tea or coffee and enjoying a nice dessert together. Linda W. how is the PT going, does it seem to be helping? Are you sleeping better? I am just full of questions aren't I. Debbie this weather is wacky isn't it. I started out in a long sleeve fleece shirt because it was rainy and chilly in the morning and had to stop in at home and change into a short sleeve t before I finished all my errands today. I hope your Magnolia tree will be alright. They say a lot of peoples daffodils are coming up around here, I checked mine and they aren't coming up, I am glad. Anita the stuffed shells sound good. When I went grocery shopping this week I got the stuff to make lasagna and am looking forward to making that. I had a day busy with errands and ended up just having salad for dinner. I got a lot accomplished today, yea! I also got myself a wireless mouse, I think I am going to like it once I get used to it. I went to the farmers market this morning while it was still dark, and spent less money than I ever have, nothing seemed to appeal to me. My one son went with me to run errands in the morning and it was nice to have a little one on one time with him. Hope everyone's day was a good one.
Patti
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: