BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tuesday, February 13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Holly~
We often have a salad or raw vegetables, fresh fruit (in season), and/or bread.

Last Night - I made the soup for supper with fresh vegetables and bread on the side.
Tonight - I'll probably serve it with a tossed salad, clementines, and bread.

~ Vicki

Smile
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is perfect soup weather here, many thanks to you for the helpful hints, sometimes, it is difficult to figure out accompaniments with main courses, many thanks, again Exclamation Very Happy

Life is like an onion, you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep.
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, Holly. Sometimes I run into the same problem.
Vicki
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're having chicken and rice casserole,salad and biscuits.No dessert. Laughing

Pat
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just got an email from the VP of our division telling us that the universtiy will be closing at 4:00 PM. Doesn't do much for me since I leave at 4:00 anyway. Once of my student employees has a night class tonight, so I'm happy for her and all of the other students who now don't have to walk to class in this horrible weather. I had already contacted my student employees and told them they didn't have to come in unless they wanted to - so far one has called and told me she would come in for a little while.

I'm sitting here waiting for the microwave so I can go heat up some lunch. On days like this, we could use two. Well that's all the news from me. I hope that microwave is available because I'm getting very hungry.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO BAKESPACE FRIENDS.....I'm a little late getting on today. Had a few things around the house to do and then my phone hasn't stopped ringing since 10 o'clock this morning! Most of them from DD...and the other from Mom. She called to see how I was feeling. Bless her heart, as sick as she is and she still worries about her kids! She was telling me that she must have turned wrong the other day, because she hurt her back and I guess she caled the doctor for some meds..so it's starting to feel better. Did I tell you girls that she went to get a perm Saturday? I ask her today if she did ok or did it wear her out and she said she was glad to have it done and over with. Her beautician told her the next time she needs her hair done to call her and she would come to Mom's house and do it. How nice is that? My beautician wouldn't tell me that! Mom said I should be glad I wasn't there Sunday. I said why? Way too many people she said! Everyone was there but DH and I and DD and her Family! And ones that had little ones wasn't making them mind and I guess it got on Mom's nerves. She said probably have to do a few at a time for awhile. I said at least til summer...when the kids can play outside! So I guess I'll visit Momon Saturday's for awhile.She said she was making a small pan of soupm today and then going to the lung doctor this afternoon. She's a little nervous about going out today, because of the ice. i told her it was warming up and we didn't get that much ice and no snow at all! YEA!! Just to be careful in the parking lot!
Everyone is talking about what they are having for dinner, so hers's my menu for tonite: Roast Beef Hash, Gr. Limas, Applesauce and Biscuits..maybe some kind of dessert; that will depend on how energetic I get ...maybe a quick brownie.

****SHERYLE, Sounds like you are going to have a lonely day. When everyone calls off like that, does it make your work load alot heavier? At least the drama queens won't be there. Boy you really got hammered with that storm,didn't you? We were right on the border line of snow and ice and really didn't get much of anything! I'm very thankful for that. Plaease be careful going home tonite.

****LINDA W, Praying for you sister to have a successful surgery! As far as your Dh goes...I would think that he would take you out for diinner,since he never gets a day off to do something with you. But I guess you could look at it this way too...maybe he wants to fix you a nice romantic dinner at home(just make him clean up the mess) OR you both could fix dinner together and clean up the mess together and have dessert in another area of the house Wink !! As far as your girls go...how old are they? I think I remember you talking about them not coming in until late..so they are old enough to run , right? Well, I hate to tell you, but that's just the nature of the beast..sorta speak! I think every parent goes through some attitude problems with their kids especially Mother/Daughter relationships! It will get better though...my DD and I are best friends now. Anytime you need to vent I'm always willing to listen. I will say a prayer that you gain some respect from your family. Have fun at your meeting and be careful when you're out.

****VICKI, I've been watching the weather channel and have seen awful pictues of MI on there with all the snow...Are you in that area? Did you get any of this last storm yet? Be careful going out tonite too. I worry about anybody that has to be out in such bad weather.

****PAT, The little Valentine's Day Cups sound really cute. I'm sure you all had fun making them. Katilyn will be a very popular girl at school. Thanks for getting a hold of Becca for us. I hope she starts posting more often.It will be good to hear from her. You mentioned you were having Chicken and Rice Casserole for dinner. We had that the other day and we just love it.

Well, I'd betteer go get busy..maybe talk myself into whipping up those brownies. I also need to put some new recipes over on the main page of Bakespace..it's been awhile since I put any on. Hello to anyone who stops in after me or while I was typing. I hope everyone has a safe and warm day. Hi to you Holly and John.I didn't mean to overlook you. Everyone Take care and I'll TTYAL......Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Yellowcarnation
Garde Manger Chef

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, My children have been sick that is why I have not posted. My aunt Arlene is doing good to be expected. She is going for more test and then the doctors are going to see what can be done. My great niece Makayla is having more ear trouble. She is going to have to have tubes put in her ears. She also has been diagnozed with RSV.

I would like to have all of your names, addresses and emails just in case I want to send you a card for your birthday or something. You can send it to my email. My email is carolinacarnation@yahoo.com.

Becca
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I went out for just a little while and everyone posted while I was gone! It's a pretty sunny day (a little cool in the shade), but at least it's not raining.

Here's what we're having for dinner tonight:

Oven baked barbecue brisket (oh, it smells so good cooking right now!)
Nindsy's Best Potatoes
Barbecue Beans
Texas Toast
and maybe Hot Fudge Sundae Cake for dessert (if I get around to making it).

I hope everyone has a great day!

Love you all! Kenna Lou

Last edited by Kelo on Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is raining and thunderstorms here, just got back from taking MDH John to the doctor and this car wreck mess is horrible. MDH John has a deformity to his left shoulder and hurt his neck it is swollen and he has a deep crease, and his head looks like it is right on top of his shoulders Evil or Very Mad We are having problems with getting anything taken care of on this, it is a mess. Rolling Eyes

hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, hello to everyone and Pat that sounds wonderful-we love chix Exclamation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: