BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning - Wednesday, February 14 ~
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning - Wednesday, February 14 ~ Reply with quote

Good Morning and Happy Valentine's Day!
We indeed are blessed. We were only skirted by the storm... not nearly as severe as the previous week. In a couple hours I will get new lenses for my glasses.

Many of you have been in my prayers as this storm is south of us, and heading east.

Sending hugs and smiles your way,
Vicki

Smile
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning all
Happy Valentine's Day!

We got a little touch of snow last night, mostly ice. We will be getting rain all day and more ice tonight. Just a little nervous with the girls driving to work.

Not much doing here today, PT, Dr. appt.
I have a meeting tonight, that I made all those Pretzels for. I hope it is not canceled.
My sister's surgery went well, I didn't speak to her was hoping to stop by there today. She doesn't handle anesthesia well, so will give her some time.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Lagar
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Vicki,Linda and all to follow,

Happy Valentines Day!
We had a very nice time in the city and the dog show was great Very Happy
Very cold and had a tiny amount of snow so Hi Ho- it's off to work I go Confused

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everyone! My valentines gift was getting to sleep in. About 9:30 last night I saw that the university was going to be closed until 10 this morning - woo hoo!!! So instead of getting up at 5:00 I stayed in bed until about 7:30. It's really nice getting up and going to work in the daylight instead of the dark. I could really get used to working 10:00 - 4:00 - as long as I could still get the same pay of course. I was tempted to stay home today, but I am supposed to be at a meeting this morning at 11:00 and then this afternoon I have to attend a reception honoring employee's years of service. Every year the university has this reception to honor people who have worked there for 15, 25 and 30 plus years - I've been there 30 years. I realy hope it gets cancelled because I'm sure a lot of people still can't make it to work due to the weather. Besides, I don't enjoy that sort of thing and wasn't going to attend, but a friend talked me into it because she is going for her 15 years.

Linda L - it's so nice to see you back and to hear that you had a nice day in the city. I was wondering if your day was going to be ruined by snow.

Linda W - I'm glad to hear that your sisters surgery went well.

Vicki - glad you missed the storm. The weather here was bad, but at least I got to and from work without any problems and, unlike a lot of people who live in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky, I had electricity all night. I can't imagine having no power in this kind of weather. So I consider myself blessed. I hear we are due for some snow on Saturday, but after that things are supposed to start warming up. Can't wait for the higher temperatures!

Guess I had better finish getting ready for work. Talk to you later

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
Yellowcarnation
Garde Manger Chef

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I am sitting here at the computer eating chocolate pudding. It is good. My DD wanted me to fix some for her.

It rained here yesterday. It is very muddy and cold. I will be glad when spring gets here.

I wonder if my DH will bring me some candy for Valentine's Day.

My DD is going to be 4 next week. Her birthday is Feb. 22. My Birthday is on March 8th. Very Happy
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Vicki,Linda W.,Linda,Sheryle,Becca and all to come.
Want to wish all of you a wonderful Valentne's Day Very Happy
Not doing to much today.Cooking salmon patties for dinner might make brownies for dessert.

Vicki, real glad you didn't get the storm.Maybe spring will hurry up and get here.

Linda W. Happy to hear your sisters surgery went well.Saying a prayer for you and the girls as you go out in the bad weather.

Linda, I saw the winning dog on the tv this morning,really cute.Glad you had a good time.

Sheryle, Isn't sleeping in great. Smile After working for 30 years you deserve recognition.Go and have fun,enjoy yourself.

Becca,Where is your good breakfast? Laughing You're eating it right?
Yesterday evening Kathy,Kristin,Kaitlyn and myself went to walmarts.On the way we stopped and eat supper at Hardees,guess what .When we came out it was pouring down raining.It rained hard the whole time we were out.The store was packed,won't do that again.Are you really expecting candy from DH?

Got to go for now.

Hugs to all my friends,
Pat
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Dear Friends..Happy Valentine's Day! Hope everyone gets a big kiss from the one you love! I got a couple steaks out of the freezer this morning, so I plan on fixing a nice dinner for Dh and I. We could have went out for dinner, but the roads here are iced and then covered with snow and will be worse this evening, so opted to stay home! I have the fixings for a salad, crusty bread and a bake potatoe. So we are set for a nice dinner. Dh was supposed to go out of town to work today and I was worried, because like I said our road conditions got so bad through the nite, I hated to see him drive. His boss called him and told him to stay off the roads unless it was an emergency! Yea!! Now the only one to worry about is DD she works late shift todayand I told her if the roads were bad when she got off work..her dad could drive her home. Not too much going on here today, other than getting dinner.

***VICKI, So glad you all didn't get hit with alot of snow this time. You guys difinitely have had more than your share this year!

***LINDA W, I understand why you are worried about your girls driving in this bad weather. I'm worried about my daughter too. So glad your sisters surgery went well. I will continue to pray for her. Hope you are feeling a little better today.

***LINDA L, I was watching the Today Show this morning and they were talking about the dog show and I thought about you. Glad you had a good time. Dh and I watch those shows on TV and enjoy them...I'm sure they are better seeing it live and in person. Be careful going to work.

***SHERYLE, Woo Hoo...You got to sleep in!! I love to sleep in!30 years is a long time to work and you need to go and be reconized! The company I use to work for did that too! Congratulations!

***BECCA, YesterdayI said something to you about hope your SONS feel better. Sorry I got it wrong! A 4 year old is such a good age...my oldest grandson is 4 and he amazes me all the time!

***PAT, I bet you daughter was excited to go to school today with all her little decorated cups! I remember Valentine's Day when I was in grade school. It was such a fun exciting time!

Well girls , I better get busy doing something...I think I'll go ahead and make up my salad for this evening. I might check and see if I have any cake mixes and get out my heart shaped pans and bake a cake. Anyone having to go out....Please be careful! Hello to those that haven't stopped in as of yet. Sending Valentine Hugs to All my dear Friends!!! Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie,
Thank you for the Valentine card,it came earlier this morning but I didn't get a chance to come back on til now.I loved it!Yours is my second valentine today as my granddaughters Kristin & Kaitlyn gave me one of those cups with a valentine from each of them in it.

TTYL
Pat

p.s. you have e mail
Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Valentine's Day to the TOH from BakeSpace...

My BakeSpace Kitchen: http://bakespace.com/?babs
Facebook: http://facebook.com/bakespace
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bakespace
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bakespace
Instagram: http://instagram.com/bakespace
Download our free app: http://bit.ly/cookbookcafe
Make your own cookbook: http://bakespace.com/cookbooks
Attend our food blogger conference: http://techmunchconf.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: