BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Morning, Thursday February 15th
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yellowcarnation
Garde Manger Chef

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Good Morning, Thursday February 15th Reply with quote

Hi everyone, My DD is watching Cinderalla III. Her daddy brought it for her last Saturday. Her birthday is Feb. 22nd. She loves getting cards in the mail. How about all of you sending her a card. You can get my address from Debbie or Vicki. I sent them my adress.

Becca
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day. I didn't do anything special except for making a coconut cream pie for the kids and DH.
It is brutal here with the cold. We have ice everywhere. No snow really to speak of. I guess I will be in the house all day doing chores and paperwork. I am suppose to teach a class tonight, but something tells me it will be canceled due to the weather.

So what did you all get from your DH's for Valentine's Day, I'm just curious

Everyone have a great and safe day
Yellowcarnation
Garde Manger Chef

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not get anything from DH. My DH worked late last night. He got home at 8:30, so he was tired. He watched part of American Idol. Does anyone watch that show? I got a e-card from Vicki. I sent Vicki and Debbie my address. If you want my address email me and I will give it to you. Debbie and Vicki check your email.

Becca

Last edited by Yellowcarnation on Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Lagar
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning All,

The roads are a sheet of ice, we have a delayed opening.
Linda,I didn't get anything for Valentine's Day from my hubby but I knew this before we celebrated VD. I bought myself a dozen and 1/2 red tulips which look beautiful on my table Wink Debbie and Vicki sent me cards which I thank them both for Very Happy
Stay warm and prayers to all in need.

Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Becca,Linda W.,Linda and all who come later.
Have a few errands to run today,then cook and do the laundry.
Hope all of you have a more exciting day planned.
For those of you in the bad weather places I hope all of you are warm and safe.Think spring Laughing

Becca, Kristin and Kaitlyn watched that movie and it's really good.I liked it better than the first one.Hannah will be getting a card from me and the girls.Cooking anything good today?I wish I knew what I'm going to cook.Figure it out when I get to the store,hopefully. Laughing

Linda, I got a cup with a valentine from my DGD's and a card from Debbie
DH and I don't do valentine's day gifts we just do other small things for each other.

Linda,be careful if you have to go out wouldn't want you to slip and fall on the ice.I know some of the ladies have each others addresses and e -mails,maybe if everyone had them and wanted to ,we could send each other cards for special occasions.Would anyone else like that?Debbie ask me for mine and I told her that I would like the rest of yours and she sent them to me,but I thought I wouldn't use them without your permission.Will it be ok with all of you if I do?

Got to go now and run my errands.TTYL

Hugs to all my friends,have a wonderful day,
Pat
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I would love a card, but could it be a e card. My e mail address is
wargofive@aol.com
Linda
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Becca, Linda W., Linda L, Pat and everyone else who comes by today. The plows finally went through about 1 in the morning, so hubby was able to get out and get to work, with 4-wheel drive. Our newspaper was delivered so I am hoping the mail will go today. It is spooky being stuck home knowing you can't get out. I kept worrying about the power going out and losing our heat but we were lucky. It is going to be a long time til we get rid of this white stuff! I walked on TOP of the snow (?) to get the paper and I am not a light person, I kept worrying I would break through the top layer and hurt myself. I had heard on the news that a county or two over a road has been closed since 3 pm yesterday and it is bumper to bumper with people trapped in their vehicles with no food, water or fuel left to run their cars to keep warm. Those poor people, I hope someone is able to help them soon.
*Becca I wondered if my granddaughter would like that movie. She is very much into the princesses.
*Linda W. that graphic with your name and the pansy is beautiful! All the schools around here are closed again today. Coconut cream pie sure sounds good. I don't make them because I am the only one that likes them and I sure don't need a whole pie to tempt me.
*Linda L. I should have bought myself some flowers also, I was really hoping to get some from my DH, I am sure he thought the weather was an excuse, he does everything last minute so when we got snowed in he had the perfect excuse.
*Pat, I can't imagine anyone would mind getting a card from each other. I am glad to hear that the movie was a hit, I think I will buy it for my granddaughter for her birthday.
Enjoy your day, no matter what you do, Patti
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Dear Friends.....Hope this finds everyone staying warm, although we do have a few friends like Holly and John and Kenna Lou that are having wonderful temps. I seen on the weather report, thta next Thrusday it is supposed to be 47*!!!! That will probably change by then, but that would be sooo nice! I don't even have to go out in this bad weather but I feel so bad for those of you that do. I hate seeing DD have to take the boys out in it too! Dh is working out of town ..same place he was supposed to work the other day,plus they have added two more jobs in the same area, so I have a feeling he'll be home late tonite. I'm going to fix a Pot of Potato Soup For dinner tonite. DD has been wanting some and her and the boys are coming over to eat. I don't know whether to fix Grilled cheese sandwiches, Sausage sandwiches or Cheeseburgers to go with it. I've got some Apple Flatus (bought from Schwans) that I'll probably fix for dessert. Oh and here's a good one for ya....Mom called yesterday afternoon and said she was making her 18 qt. Nesco full of Vegetable Soup today, so stop by and pick up 2 qts. Now I don't mean to brag, but my Mom makes the worlds BEST Vegetable soup!! We'll probably eat it this week-end. I'm so happy thta she actually feels like making it. Alot of her prep work can be done setting down, so that helps! I can't wait to eat it...Yum O! Dh and I had a very quite a nd peaceful Valentine's evening. I had told him to PROMISE me he wouln't buy me anything, because I hadn't had a chance to get out and get him anything and it would make me feel bad and he said but the husband is supposed to pamper their wife for valentine's Day. What a sweetheart..I said don't you dare! He also is a man that wits until the last day to do something and I knew he wouldn't listen ,but guess what happened ? His work truck broke down and he had to have his bussy bring him home and to make matters worse..I had given him a list of about 6 things to stop at the store on the way home.......so he didn't ask his buddy to go Valentine's shopping with him.He felt really bad, but I didn't! We are going to do something this week-end and he wants to buy me a piece of Jim Shore Figurine.

****BECCA, Rc'd your e-mail this morning and made a note about Hannah's Birthday. I'll be sure to send her out a card. How old did you say she was going to be...4?

****LINDA W, Your Coconut Cream Pie sounds sooo good. Cream Pies are my favorite!! It's brutally cold here too! Although the sun is shing ..it's just too cold to melt any snow, but at least with the sun shining it doesn't look so depressing and gray! DH is going to buy me a piece of Jim Shore ...it's a Welcome Pineapple Figurune and so colorful. I can't wait to get it. Now I just need to think of something to get him..It'll probably be something for his motorcycle.

****LINDA L, Your red tulips sound beautiful! Now if that doesn't put ya in the mood for spring..I don't know what would. I seen at our Sams store a few weeks ago, they had some and they were almost dead. Now why would they not take care of tem and water them to keep them alive?? I'm glad you like your Valentine Card...hope it was a nice surprise...I love to get something in my mail box besides bills and junk mail.

****PAT, Did you get any of this snow or ice from this last storm where you live? I know when I lived in NC (Camp Lejune) we didn't have bad winters. Be careful running your errands anyway. What are you fixing for dinne?

****PATTI, Yes it is a weird felling when your stranded in your house, because of bad weather. Back when DH and I were first married , we lived in another house on a BIG hill outside the city limits and we got alot snow and ice one winter and was standed for 3 days. Luckly I had went to the store before the storm,so we had heat and food and each other..what more do ya need. We couldn't go to work for 3 days though! I seen on the news about those standed motorisrt on the highway..I hope the roads are open or someone rescued them......that would be a scary feeling too! I feels sorry for the people that have to work out in these temps and conditions, like the snow plower guys and the guys working on the power lines . I pray for anyone affected by this storm!

Well, I better get off here and go get my soup made. Hope everyone has a good day today..I'll check back in later. Oh Yea..Who ask about American Idol?? We watch it and vote too. I can already see there are going to be a few guys that will be very good. Hello to anyone that stops in later. Take care....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning to you Debbie, vegetable soup sure sounds good also. I got a call and my son and his family will be coming to stay with us until they have a new heater installed, theirs went out yesterday and it is getting very cold in their house. I have lots to do before they get here, I really need to get off this computer! I am going to get some meat out of the freezer, get a loaf of bread started and already have some things done to make a pot of beef noodle soup. Hope I have time to whip up a dessert and we should be set for tonight. Well, gotta go get the guest room ready. See you all when I can.
Patti
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning friends. I just have time for a quick note. Not much going on with me today. The weather is cold but at least it isn't snowing or freezing rain. The roads are in very good shape, but the parking lots are still pretty bad. We are supposed to get a little more snow on Saturday, but after that we are supposed to finally start warming up. So this stuff should really start melting next week. Debbie and Vicki, thank you for the valentines cards. I didn't get any cards out and feel bad, I even forgot about sending one to my little six year old grandniece. I really feel about about that because I know how children love to get mail. I am still having a hard time getting into all of the different Holidays - when my dear mother was alive, I always made a point of doing something, but just can't yet.

Debbie - that's great to hear that your mother has enough energy to make vegetable soup. I have to tell you that my mother made the worlds best vegetable soup, but now that she's gone, will happily pass that title on to your dear mother. Laughing My eldest sister has tried to make Mom's soup, and she does a very good job, but it's just not Mom's. Mom didn't have a recipe, she just put ingredients in a pot. She would start out with one stock pot, add ingredients and taste it and kept doing that until she got it just how she wanted it to taste. The only thing was that by the time she was finished, she would usually end up with four stock pots simmering on the stove.

Have to stop for now and will try to check in later.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: