BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Saturday Morning, February 17th
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Motherof2Boys
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Good Saturday Morning, February 17th Reply with quote

How is everyone today??? We are doing better today than yesterday morning at this time. I was up half the night Thursday with my DS Lukas with his ear hurting. Called the Dr.'s office at 8 but they couldn't get him in until late in the afternoon. I ended up taking him to Grand Rapids to an Urgent Care hoping they weren't busy and we got right in. Sure enough he had an ear infection so he's on antiobiotics and slept real good last night. Thank Goodness!!!!

Anybody have any plans for the day???? My sister wants me to come down to her house so the kids can play. I'm not sure if I will....I think Lukas should probably lay low for a few days. I'm in the mood to cook up something "New". Thought I'd crack open one of my $5 TOH annual books I just got and see if I can find anything interesting.

I hope you all have a great day. Very Happy

Jennifer

http://bakespace.com/?motherof2boys
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Jennifer! You're up early. I'm glad your DS is feeling better. We went through ear infections with one of ours when she was little. They seem to get sick so quick with those. We could put her down for a nap and she was fine at the time, and then she would wake up burning up with fever. Fortunately, once you start the antibiotics, they seem to start feeling better right away.

I'm the only one up at my house right now. My youngest dd is at a sleepover and we have to pick her up at 10:00. After that, we are going to look for some shoes for her. The youth is having something at church tonight and I have to make some brownies for that. That's about all we have planned for today, then church tomorrow.

Let us know what you make out of your new cook book. I love cookbooks. I think it's an addiction! LOL!

Hello to everyone else who stops by later. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hugs, Kenna Lou
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Jennifer, Kenna Lou, and all to follow,
Our Saturday will be a general catch up day - laundry, general cleaning, etc... Thursday, I went grocery shopping with my daughter. So much easier when I push my grandchildren, and she can look for the items she needs. Then, they came here for lunch. Last night, we were told of $5 men's shirts on clearance at Penneys. What a bargain for Extra Tall shirts! So, off to the mall we went. Only found one, but it looks very nice. Woohoo for clearance sales! Smile

Jennifer - Those ear infections are no fun, for parents or children. Tomorrow, you should really notice a big difference. Does Lukas get ear infections very frequently? We got to know our pediatrician very well due to children's ear infections.

Kenna Lou - Mmmmm! What kind of brownies are you making?

I'd better get moving. The paper route should be finished any minute, and breakfast will soon follow. Hope you have a nice day.

Sending smiles your way,
Vicki

Smile
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everyone! It's snowing again this morning and we are expected to get 3 more inches today. I'm just happy that I don't have to go out in it today - so let it snow. I don't have much planned for today, I do hope to get some baking done one day this weekend. I have some very ripe bananas that keep telling me that they need to be made into some yummy banana chocolate chip muffins.

Jennifer - sorry to hear that your little one has an ear infection. I know those ear aches are awful, I had them a lot when I was little. I see that TOH has another $5 cookbook sale. I'm thinking about purchasing all the annual cookbooks and getting rid of my magazines. I have every TOH magazine from day one and they take up so much room.

Kenna Lou - has it warmed up any? Mmm, brownies sound good. I hope you have a nice day shopping.

Vicki - don't work too hard!

I guess I should be getting some breakfast - will check back in later.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Jennifer,Kenna Lou,Vicki,Sheryle and all who
come later.I'm trying to figure out what to cook for Sunday
dinner.It's hard to find something we haven't already had
that everyone will eat.Thinking maybe chicken and stuffing
with little green peas or a corn casserole.My DGD's will
decide on dessert.

Jennifer, glad your son is feeling better,that goodness for
antibotics.

Kenna Lou, love brownies,what recipe are you using?

Vicki, great buy.Wish stores had more clearance sales.

Sheryle,how much snow do you have? My DGD's want it to
snow.Me, I'm wanting spring to hurry and come.Started my
book last night didn't get to far, fell asleep.

Wishing you all a great day Very Happy

Pat
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO DEAR FRIENDS..... WOW...I can't believe it's almost 11:30 am! Dh and I kept our 2 grandsons last nite, as both thier parents had to be at work at 6 this morning and I just couldn't bear the thought of the kids getting up and out in the cold that early. Cody the older(4) woke up ar 2:30 and Blake(he's1) woke up at 4...so I didn't sleep all nite, but I never do anyway. they both went right back to sleep within 15 mins. I got up this morning and got my large electric griddle out and cook some bacon and made french and Cody wanted eggies.Everyone ate really good..even Dh and he's not a breakfast eater. When the kids took us out for dinner last nite....The Texas Roadhouse where we WERE going to eat had an hour or longer wait and this was at 6 and we were ALL hungry. We ended up going to Applebee's and it was very good . Today when DD gets off work , we are going visiting both sets of parents. We usually do that on Sunday, but DD and I have a baby shower tomorrow. We'll probably grab a bite out today, since we'll be out at that time. DH just rememberthat we had a hair cut appt for 11 and I told him to cancel mine,because I didn't need it and he could take my time slot and still amke itr on time..so he called and let them know. Cody went with him,so now it's just litle Blake and me and I think he's starting to get sleepy.

****JENNIFER, Hope Lukas feels better soon I'm like you I think it would probably be a good idea to keep him in out of the nasty weather. Have fun looking for a new recipe to make ....let us know what you ended up making. By the way...glad you started posting again.

****KENNA LOU, Have fun shopping today. Does your DD like to help you in the kitchen? Well she help you with the brownies?

****VICKI, Iusually don't find sales...because I don't shop that much. Sometimes DD calls me and ask if I'll watch the boys while she goes graocery shopping, because it is hard when you've got two little ones. Now when her Dh is with her...she can manage.

****Sheryle, Yep...2 or 3 more inches of snow...it has actuallt started already and wasn't supposed to start until this afternoon. Glad you get to stay in and just hang out and bake and read. What did you end up making yourself for breakfast? If I lived by myself...I'd be so skinny, because I'm too lazy to cook for myself or even get up and get a bowl or cereal for that matter. Let us know how your muffins turn out.

****PAT, Your dinner sounds really good. Like I mentioned earlier, we'll probably grab something out, since we'll be out visiting today. What's thename of the book you're reading?

Well, I had to step away for about 10 minutes...Blake wanted held and I rocked him to sleep, so he's down for a little nap. I need to get busy and make the beds and sort out the laundry and when DH gets home I'll get a shower. He"ll have to entertain the boys while I do that. Hello to everyone who stops in later today and I hope everyone has a good week-end and stays warm and safe in this weather. I'll TTYAL and take care....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie,
I'm reading the spirit of covington.Haven't read much but so far it's interesting.Reading something besides school library books may take some getting use to. Laughing

Sounds as if you're having a good day with your DGS's.My DD and SoIL had to work today too.Of course my DGD's are wth me.I'm going to get them to help me clean the church later Rolling Eyes

Have a great day visiting your families.
TTYL

Pat
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat - in the last two weeks we've had about 13 inches of snow. We've had some melting but not much. I'm having trouble staying awake long enough to read too. I like the book, but just can't keep my eyes open. At this rate, I'm going to have to renew all of my library books because I won't get them read by the time they are due. Your dinner does sound good!

Debbie - I had planned to have bacon, eggs, toast and OJ for breakfast, then I thought oatmeal and finally ended up just eating a banana. Maybe tomorrow I'll have a good breakfast. I'll probably just read today and save the muffins for tomorrow. That way I won't have time to eat too many of them and can take the rest to work on Monday. Going out to eat on Friday or Saturday evening around here is awful - there is always a long wait. We always try to get to the restaurants by 5:00 if we can, that way there is little to no waiting. Enjoy visiting your parents today.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone
Well I jumped out of bed, literally when I saw the clock 9:15, I was supposed to be at PT at 10 so I scooted right out. I can drive now, and I am but the sidewalks are so icy. I am being very careful.
Well tomorrow is Chinese New Year and you all know that I cook for the holidays, no matter what holidays, serving homemade egg rolls and sesame noodles. Today I am making a kings cake for Fat Tues. Mardi Gras. Haven't decided on the menu for Tues. Sometimes my family thinks I am nuts, but I enjoy cooking.
this is a copy of the cake I made last year:

I think this year I will bake a plain cake in a bundt pan and decorate it with the colors.
It is supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow, so I don't think I will be going any where.
I plan on going out to lunch on Monday,with friends from Girl Scouts. We are planning a huge event at one of camps that was just sold, in the Hampton's. The caterer who is coming to do dinner ( BBQ) ask us to come to lunch for a tasting.
Well off to start baking
Everyone have a great day

Linda
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to Jennifer, Kenna Lou, Vicki, Sheryle, Pat, Debbie, Holly, and anyone else who stops in today. I didn't get a chance to get on line yesterday, my granddaughter decided to stay home with Grammy instead of going to daycare. Her Mommy and she spent the night because their heater had to be replaced. We had so much fun while they were here. I surely slept good last night though. My DGD keeps me constantly moving, whew!
*Jennifer, so sorry about Lukas having that ear infection, I hope it clears up quickly. I checked out those $5.00 books, but I have over 200 cookbooks and am running out of room to keep them!
* Kenna Lou, sounds like we would be a pair, with our cookbook addictions. Good luck with your shoe shopping today.
*Vicki, bargains are great but I rarely go shopping so don't catch too many, usually my sister finds them for me.
*Sheryle, we are supposed to get some flurries today and more snow tomorrow, we still have roads closed from the last storm. The ice is so unbelievably thick here! Our road is still ice covered. I have no idea how to clear 4 to 6 inches of solid ice. Apparently neither do the road crews.
*Pat, I was going to make chicken and filling for Sun. dinner but now it will just be hubby and I so I think I will wait until DS and family can be here to help us eat it.
*Debbie, my ex sister in law has been sick for almost two months, last night she decided to go out to eat for the first time since starting to get her strength back..............to................Texas Roadhouse, there was an hour and a half wait, so they had to go else where. I guess they are a popular place, they thought if they were there by 4:30 they wouldn't have a problem. It is hard to sleep good with grandchildren in the house isn't it?
Hope everyone has a great weekend. Ooops forgot to say thank you for the e-mails Holly, and the Valentines cards Vicki and Debbie, Debbie yours was quite a surprise when the mail was finally able to get through. I guess a lot of people got their Valentines late.
Patti
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: