BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sunday, February 18
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Sunday, February 18 Reply with quote

Good morning friends! It finally quit snowing! It's supposed to be cold today, but tomorrow in the 30's, Tuesday in the 40's and by the end of the week the 50's. I can't believe we will finally be out of the brutally cold temps. I don't have much planned for today, but I know it will be good.

I hope eveyone has a wonderful day!

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Sheryle and all who come later.
The sun is shinning here this morning,yesterday it was cloudy and cold all day.Nice to see the beautiful blue skies.
I got to sleep late today,didn't get up til 7:30.My dad called me yesterday and said he had went to the store and bought a ham wanted to have that today.I had planned on having chicken and stuffing, but thats ok I'll cook that for tomorrow.He's cooking the ham,DD has made a corn casserole so I have nothing to do. Very Happy awful isn't it Laughing My DH has to work today,first time he's had to work on a Sunday in many many years,since he doesn't have to leave for work til 3o'clock I might see if DD wants to go to the store this afternoon.Her DH has to work tonight so he'll be sleeping after dinner today.We can have a girls day out,at least til church time.

Sheryle, glad your weather is improving.Enjoy your day.

Got to go shower and get ready for church.
Hope everyone has a great day!

Friend hugs for all,
Pat
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING FRIENDS....Boy another late start for me today! I didn't sleep very good last nite...up several times, I was even on the computer at 4 this morning because I couldn't sleep! So Now I'm having a hard time getting motivated! DD and I have a baby shower this afternoon and we are going to take the boya a s there will be other kids there the same age...so they told DD to bring the boys! I don't know what DH is going to get into while we are gone. DSIL is working. I've been trying to decide whether I want to fix dinner when I get home or go out and get a burger at this place that fixes the BEST burgers in town! If I fix dinner..it'll probably be: Fried Ham, Mashed Potatoes with Ham Gravy and Buttered Corn. If I don't fix that today...it will go on ther menu for one day this week! After the kids left yesterday, my foot had pain shooting through it like no other. I took a pain pill and elevated it and was going to set and take a little nap until it quit hurting, but ended up watching a movie on the Sci-Fi channel with DD. I called Mom and told her I'd be over Monday, I was in too much pain to go anywhere. So we stayed home all evening and ate a bowl of chili and a bacon sandwich for dinner.

***SHERYLE, Yea, Our snow stopped late last nite and the city was out with the salt trucks early...they went down my street twice. I knew it was warming up, because I had to turn my furnace down...YEA!! I can't wait until the end of the week and see if it really gets up to the 50's...hope so maybe it'll melt some of this snow. Are you going to make your Muffins today?

***PAT, Sounds like you're going to have a busy day! It'll be nice to do the girls day out. I love it when my DD and I can just hang out together. Her DH just got another promotion..which I'm very proud of him for , but at the same time...I can see that someday, they might have to move because of where his job will take him. I will miss DD and the Boys very much! But I don't want to think about that right now...it Might not even happen.

Well girls..I gotta go jump in the shower and get ready . Hello to all that stop in today. I hope everyone has a beautiful day!! TTYAL...Take care.....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone (and all to follow)

Praying ya'all are doing well-we are still stranded because the Ford dealership and insurance adjuster aren't on the same page, so, we are stuck (no bus service here) with no car until they agree to begin to repair our car Mad

Life is like an onion, you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep.
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Sheryle, Pat, Debbie, Holly and anyone else who comes by today. Hubby and I got up early and took off running, tee hee. We went to Home Depot to get a new faucet, our third try grrrrrr. Then to the grocery store for some fruit, Walmart to get some surprises for granddaughters next visit, then I took my hubby out for a belated Valentine's dinner to his favorite steak place. All the roads except for ours, naturally, are in pretty good condition. I will be glad when all of this ice is gone. Have more laundry in, it never ends does it? That is about the extent of my day.
*Sheryle, glad it is warming up where you are, and hope your day did turn out to be a good one.
*Pat, sounds like you are going to have a good day, getting to have a good meal that you didn't even have to cook. I bet you and your DD had a good time today. I have three sons and often think I missed out on a lot not having a daughter.
*Debbie, sounds like you sleep about like me, I have trouble sleeping more than an hour at a time. People who can sleep good have no idea how lucky they are. I vote for going out to eat, although your meal sounds delicious!
*Holly, have you told us how you and John are since the accident? I hope the insurance company gets things worked out soon for you both.
Patti
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got on, have been busy all day, I started by making 3 eggplants parm this morning, then a carrot cake to be made into my King's cake tomorrow. I needed more yellow icing sugar so I had to make that. I made chop liver then when the girls got up I made ham omelette's. It's was only 2 when I finally took a break. We are having Chinese New year tonight, having my egg rolls and sesame noodles. I still have to make the peanut sauce and boil the noodles. Can you tell I have been bored. I hate sitting still, it is too icy to go out and I can drive now. I am going out tomorrow for lunch. I can't wait. I hope it doesn't snow and ruin it.
Not much planned for this week have a meeting on Thurs, Pt all week, I am going to a Sons of Italy function on Sunday. The catering hall is the best, but alas I have to go alone as my DH is working. I hate going alone, no one to dance with etc. and now I have no excuse with my new hip.
Holly and John I hope you can resolve the car issue, can you rent a car while yours is being fixed??
Well off to play solitaire on the computer, till I get kicked off by one of the kids.
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're back from our shopping trip.The only things we bought were for the girls.Kristin a new shirt,she's getting to be a clothesaholic.Kaitlyn a small toy, ice packs for their lunch boxes.Kristin started feeling bad and wanted to go home and rest.If she wants to rest then I know she's sick.Several kids in her class at school have been sick,hope she hasn't caught what they had.Luckily there is no school tomorrow,that will give her another day to rest.Hopefully she will be feeling better by then.

Patti, having a daughter is great,we're real close,but I've always wished we could have had a son too.Two children would have been great.

Hope everyone had a great day.
TTYL

Pat
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's certainly been quiet here today. I didn't do much, and no, didn't make the muffins. About an hour after breakfast, I started getting a headache so took something for that and lay down for a couple of hours. After I did that, I didn't feel like doing much of anything, so watched tv and read. Wanted to do some online banking, but for some reason I couldn't get on and after the third try, it kicked me out. So I tried to reset my password and couldn't remember the answer to the question. Good grief - sometimes I hate computers! So have to wait until Tuesday so I can call the bank and get my password reset.

Debbie - I hope you had fun at the baby shower. What did you end up doing for dinner?

Holly - don't you hate dealing with insurance companies?

Patti - glad to hear the roads your way are getting better. I don't know about you, but will be glad to see the end of all this snow and ice.

Linda L - that was a great looking Kings Cake that you made last year. I've always wanted to try to make one, but just never got up the nerve.

Pat - sounds like you had a nice day with your daughter. My mother and I used to go shopping together a lot. Not going shopping with her is still one of the hardest things for me to get used to.

I hope everyone has a nice evening. I'll see you tomorrow.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
KY_Kate
Chef

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, everyone! You may have thought I was missing in action again, but I have actually been so busy running to doctors and working, there has been no 'me time' lately.

I am sure I have missed a lot of great conversation and tons of recipes. Once again, I ahope I wil be able to get here on a regular basis.

I made a pineapple pound cake Thursday. It is the second time I have made it, and it is really good. It was one of those where I combined several recipes.

I am really enjoying the FoodSaver I ordered from QVC before Christmas. It really holds in the freshness of foods. Quite amazing.

Sheryle, I had no idea that we were going to get some warm weather for a change. I haven't even had time to look up the weather. We are only at 15 degrees right now, so we are a long way off from the 50's you say we should have by the end of the week. However, I do remember how the temps tumbled in just a few hours when we started into our latest cold spell. Maybe the ice on our driveway will finally melt.

Hope all of you have a wonderful Presidents' Day tomorrow. I didn't even realize we had it for a holiday until late Friday. I sure am glad I found out before I left work, because I don't think I would have been a happy camper had I gone in and everyone was still at home for the day!

Kate
KY_Kate
Chef

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELP! What does it take to be promoted from a Commis Chef? ARGH, I hate to peel potatoes and all of those menial tasks in the kitchen!

Kate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: