BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday Feb. 19
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redawna kaly_ab
Garde Manger Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Good Afternoon All, Reply with quote

Happy Monday!!! It is Family Day here in Alberta so the kids are home today and DH went in to catch up on paperwork.

It was a semi busy weekend and we have a busy week ahead. My DD has a karate seminar every night during the week and then finds out Friday if she will be allowed to test. She will be going for her green belt, she is pretty pumped about it! If she keeps going at this rate and works hard she could graduate high school next year as a black belt, pretty good considering she just stared last year.

I am just working on the house today, things sure can get messed up on the weekends.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Redawna
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD AFTERNOON GIRLS....I was getting ready to work on my menu for the next two weeks and thought I'd stop over here first to see if anyone else had stopped in since this morning. DH just left to go back to work from his lunch break. I warmed us up the last of the chile and made us a PBJ sandwich...it was a tasty lunch. I had memtioned earlier that i was going to make Chicken and Noodle Casserole...well that idea went in the trash! The pkg of chicken I got out of the freezer looked not good ..all freezer burnt on the edges and I noticed the date was June of last year, so I ask DH to throw in the outside trash. Now I dodn't know what I'm going to have. I'll russle up something. Got some bad news today. I called to see how Mom was feeling and my Dad said he was just getting ready to call me ...He was getting ready to take Mom over to the emergency room. Last Saturday she did something to her back and she called the doctor and he gave her some meds for it and it was feeling better, but never eased up completely and then she went from having major diarrhea to major constipation.My Dad had to give her an enema Saturday. I told my DH that I thought she needed to go to the doctor about it because I was afraid she was go to get that diverticulitis and if that's not taken care I think it can kill you. So I've been worried about this for a few days now. I told Mom the other day she needed to tell her doctor about it and she said oh I am, I have a doctors appt on the 23rd. So I haven't heard anythin from my Dad as to whether they are going to admit her or not, but I know Mom is ready to give up the fight for life as she keeps saying she doesn't think she's going to make it. She's pretty wore out and tired. I'm hoping she hangs on until the weather gets better, because I told her it wouldn't be long before it was warm enough to set out on her porch (which she loves to do) and watch the birds and look at the pretty flowers and enjoy the sunshine. So again ...I'm asking for a Special Prayer for my Mom for added strength to get through this next ordeal. I'll keep you all posted. Just heard fro my sister......Mom has got a cracked vertebra and they are calling an orthopedic doctor, he is supoosed to put her in a back brace and give her pain pills and send her home,because she refuses to stay.

***LINDA W, Wow your friends daughter Kathy Mazza was difinitely a remarkable woman!! You know there's not very many people that leave this world, that inspire others like she obviously did. And for her DH and her Parents to donate money to worthy causes is a testimoney to her.
All of you have had alot to over-come and endure since Sept 11 th., haven't you? God Bless you all.

****SHERYLE, What did you have good for lunch? Hope you work day is uneventful. I'm sure you can't wait to get home and read your book . Did you say you were starting Memory Keepers Daughter? That sounds like it would be a good book. I really want to get the Plum Series by Janet Evanovich. There are so many of them , but I went to her web site and read an excerpt from most of them and they sound like an easy and funny read for me. Do you have any idea where I can purchase these books at a reasonable price? I have gotten alot of really good recommdations from you girls on the readers threads.

****LINDA L, I'm still saying prayers for your friend Jim. Do you all know if he will have to have by-pass surgery? The poor grandpa from Florida...I'll pray for him too as he's going to need some help dealing with that many children. Taking care of children..especially if it's been a whilelike it has been for you and him does make a person a little nervous. But ya get through it. Good luck to all involved.

****JENNIFER, The other day I jotted myself a note to ask how your Mom was doing and seen you posted a comment about her yesterday. So glad she doing well. You memtioned her coming back in, but it was coming back in gray. I've heard about that happening...strange huh? So today is a busy day for you..do you like it busy? When i worked outside the home...I used to like it busy, but only a steady busy, not a bust butt busy..it always seemed to make the day go faster. I bet you all are so excited about getting your other 5 th wheel. When do you usually start going camping? You mentioned your weather starting to be nice there in MI...so is ours here in WV. It actually got warm enough today that the snow is melted off my front lawn and the driveway. And by Thrusday it's going to be in the mid 50's ! I'm so excited for warmer temps.

Well. I'd better get busy with my Menus......still don't know what to ahve for tonite. Any suggestions?? Take care...Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi friends! I'm just dropping by to say a quick "hi" to everyone. I am very exhausted today and just don't feel like writing. I hope everyone has a great day. Catch ya tomorrow!

Hugs, Kenna Lou

P.S. I received this reply from Jan on a post at TOH. I told her I would post it here for all of you:

"Hi Kenna Lou, I miss you all too. As you know my Mom fell on 12/23 and has been in the hospital ever since. She's much better now and should be coming home any time. I'm there every day because she is 91 now and has short term memory loss, so she needs me there to be her advocate. I can't wait to get back to posting on a regular basis again. I can get on TOH quicker than BakeSpace so I just dropped in here for a bit late last night and this morning because my sister is going to the hospital today so I can take a day to catch up at home with the cleaning, laundry, etc. (and look where I am LOL).
Now you know more than you ever wanted to know about Jan, LOL. Iíll be talking to you real soon and please accept my apologies for not keeping you all informed after asking for prayer. I have no excuse except complete exhaustion when I get home at night seven days a week."
Hugs,
~Jan~

Last edited by Kelo on Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy HELLO REDAWNA...So good to hear from you again. You posted as I was typing...sorry I missed you. I hope you can find time to post more often. Tell your DD that I keep my fingers crossed for her to be able to make the test this Friday. She sure must be very committed to be working for her green belt and only been doing it for a year. Tell her I said good luck. You take care of yourself and please stop in more often.
Debbie

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy HI KENNA LOU, Sorry I missed you while i was typing to Redawna. Hope you're not coming down with something. Or have you just been working too hard. Hope to hear from you tomorrow. Take care....Debbie

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI KENNA LOU>>>>I'm a dummy...I completely missed the part of your post about Jan. Thanks for sharing her message with us..I often wonder how her and her MOm are doing. It is understandable not having any time when your at the hospital all the time. If you converse with her ..tell her I'm still praying for her and her Mom. Take care..Debbie

cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always so happy to make it through Monday! The day wasn't too bad - especially when my bosses wife and daughter came in with the Girl Scout Cookies that I ordered. Yummy! So several of us each opened a box of cookies to share - I think I ate four this afternoon. I'm sure glad I didn't decide to start the South Beach diet this weekend. Laughing

Holly thanks for the picture - I love it!

Debbie - I've made it through about 40 pages of The Memory Keepers daughter and had to make myself quit to go to bed - that's how much I liked it. I order a lot of books from Amazon.com. I live about 25-30 miles away from the nearest book store and I find it's cheaper for me to order from them. The books are decently priced, plus a lot of times, if you place a $25 order or larger, you get free shipping - that's quite a deal.

Linda L - will continue my prayers for your friend. Sounds like grandpa may need our prayers too - he's going to have his hands full. I know if you aren't used to taking care of little ones, they can be exhausting.

Kenna Lou - thank you for posting the update on Jan and her mother. I completely understand her not having time to post here. Jane definitely does need to be there for her mother, at 91 she definitely needs someone to make sure she's getting propper care. I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well and hope you aren't coming down with something.

I think I'm going to to head to the kitchen and heat up a Stouffers Lasagna for dinner tonight - don't feel like cooking and washing up - especially the washing up.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
KY_Kate
Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I would take some 'me time,' and come see what y'all have been into day.

Linda, I love the Scrabble graphic. I hadn't see that one before.

Oh what a day. I decided to go do just a little shopping since I need some clothes. After an hour of it, I was so frustrated I said, "This is enough of this." I grabbed some lunch at the mall.

On the way home, I thought about getting gas, but I was too lazy to stop. Regular has been $2.24, and I figured since the holiday is over today as is the weekend, prices may come down tomorrow. WRONG!!! Every station I passed was raising the price of regular to $2.39. Did I ever make a bad decision. I wheeled into Meijer Gas Station, and they were changing their sign too. Thankfully, the pump was still $2.24 for regular. I filled up. I am supposed to use premium in my car, but the man at the dealership said the mid-grade works fine, so that is what I use. So, I pay 10 cents more per gallon than regular.

I was a Girl Scout Leader for 9 years. I had every age group over those 9 years from Brownies through Seniors. With all of the effort the girls put forth to sell the cookies, it is a shame they don't get a little more out of the proceeds for their troop.

I will go and post the Pineapple pound cake recipe if I haven't already posted it before.

KY Kate
KY_Kate
Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted the pineapple pound cake recipe.

Kate
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello FRIENDS>>>>Well, I just got off the phone from taking with my dad..then I called my MIL. My dad said Mom was resting . He said she's got her says and nites mixed up, but I think it runs in the familt, because sometimes I do too. Said she's resting well. must be the pain medication. Only thing is, she doesn't wear the back brace when she's laying down...only when she's in a sitting or standing position. She has to go back to the orthopedic doctor in a month. My MIL called earlier and I was in the middle of something and told her I'd call her right back and I did but her phone was busy for so long I gave up, until after dinner. She just ask me what I thought of the baby shower. She said it was uncalled for that many gifts!! Speaking of dinner....guess what we ended up having?? Oatmeal and toast!! It was quit tasty! DH offered to take me out, but I was too lazy to get dressed and told him I'd be just as happy with oatmeal if he was. So it was a done deal! Sheryle, thanks for the info on where you get some of your books. I happened on that site last week and noticed that some of the books were on sale for 2 to 4 dollars. That was for their used books though..I think > Have you ever bought any of their used books? Kate, thanks for sharing your pound cake recipe...i copied it to Master Cook. I bet it makes a very large cake..I'll be making it, but I'll be sharing some too! Sorry your shopping trip didn't go well. IWhen I go shopping, which isn't very often....they usually end up like that. Well girls, I'm going to get off here, American Idol is coming on and I need to get ready to watch and start voting tonite. You all take care and have a restful nites sleep. Chat with you in the morning! Debbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: