BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday Feb. 19
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Monday Feb. 19 Reply with quote

My sister is on the way here to spend the day with me so I thought I would post quick before she gets here. I hope everyone is able to enjoy the day, and like most people I know have the day off work. We are going to shop for little odds and ends to finish the bathroom and going out to dinner. Every Monday evening we go to the in-laws for dinner so I will have a full day today. They are such good cooks, too bad they would never consider getting a computer and joining us here! Next week is my turn to cook the meal. I am always nervous because they are all such good cooks. I better go get my shower, last time my sister came I wasn't dressed yet! I am usually the early one, but I tell you I just can't stay away from this computer. Hope to check in before bed and see what everyone has been up to.
Patti
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone
having a problem this morning, all the girls need to get up at the same time for work and school. so no hot water because of the showers. Of course no one will get up a bit earlier to solve the problem. Drama again.
My DH is trying to set up my one DD new computer. She bought the computer because her hand me down laptop just wouldn't work anymore. We can't get the router to let us on the INTERNET. He is on the phone with DELL. Of course, if my on DD was talking to her boyfriend who set it up I could call him. I just might when she leaves.
My one daughter, Tracey, who doesn't go out much has a boyfriend.
They met the other day, and have gone out twice now. She is 25 and he is 29. I hope it all works out for her. She is my very quiet one, shy very shy, she hasn't told anyone ( her sisters or Dad ) about this yet. I figured it out.
Well to lunch today with Girl Scout leaders, tomorrow night we are getting together to do crafts for a Girl Scout event, it's Fat Tuesday, so I will bring my cake.

Linda
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Patti,Linda W. and to all who come on later.
I've been up since 4:15,DD had to go to work early today.My DGD's are out of school so it's going to be an interesting day.Probably won't get much work done.But it will be fun Laughing

Debbie,to answer your question from yesterday about my girls ages,my daughter is 35,my granddaughters are Kristin she's 10 will be 11 in June,Kaitlyn is 6 she turned 6 in December two days after Christmas.

Patti,hope you and your sister have a great time today.I've always wished I had a sister to do things with.

Linda, Girl scouts sounds like it would be a fun thing to be involved in.Have a great time at your lunch.

Better try to get some things done before the girls want me for something.
TTYL

Pat
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks 2 U 4 opening up the BakeSpace Thread 2Day Very Happy

Know what fun you have with the Scouts, hope you enjoy your day Very Happy

Know you will have fun with DGD, that is what counts in life Very Happy

Life is like an onion, you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep.
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING BAKESPACE FRIENDS.....What a beautiful morning we are having here in WV!!!! The sun is shing and the skies are blue and it's supposed to get warmer. I'm so excited for nicer weather!! Makes me want to plant flowers in my flower planter! Well not right now, but here in a couple months!! I slept a little bit better last nite. I did wake up with a terrible headache and backache. Took a couple Advil, but if it doesn't ease up here in a few hours, I'm taking one of Dh pain pills he had for his toothache. They are very mild, probably like taking an Advil. Sometimes Pain relief is mind over matter...I think anyway. Not a lot planned for the day. Dh and I got all the laundry done Saturday and the house really doesn't need cleaned, but I might give it a hit and a miss just to freshen it up. Today for dinner I'm having a Chicken and Noodle Casserole, Green Beans and Applesauce. I don't think I'll fix Mashed potatoes DH and I don't really need them. Today I'll spend some time working on a two week menu. I like to do that before I go to the store...then I don't over buy. Tomorrow DD,her Dh and the boys and mysdelf are getting up early and going to Cracker Barrel for Breakfast and then to go visit my Mom and then to the grocery store. Probably have the kids for dinner that evening too.

~~~~~PATTI, Hope you have a good time shopping with your Sis. I had to laugh, when you said you can't seem to stay away from the computer...sounds like most of us!! LOL Hope you find what your looking for as far as the bathroom is concerned. Did you get your faucets yesterday? Hope you have a delish dinner this evening. Have fun!!

~~~~LINDA W, I hate computer problems...hope your DD gets her fixed soon.Are you going to tell your oldest DD that you know about the new boyfriend? Where are you all goig for lunch? Hope you have fun with your freinds..it'll be good to get out ..won't it? Do you all know what kind of craft you're going to do tomorrow? Have fun!!

~~~~PAT, Enjoy your girls today! Is Kristen feeling any better? I don't have my 2 little grandsons until Friday. Sad BUT I will see them tomorrow as we are going to be running most of the day and they eat dinner here and probably stay to watch American Idol. Very Happy Have Fun !!

~~~~HOLLY, Did you see my message on "Myspace"?? The one about my song choice? Hope this finds you and John doing ok. Have you heard from your insurance co. yet? Keep us updated ok!!

Well, I guess I should get off here and go get busy. Hello to all that stop in after me. I really pray everyone has a wonderful day. Stay safe and warm. I'll check back later today and TTYAL. Take care....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Debbie
I am going out to lunch to the caterer who is doing a Girl Scout event for us. I am going with ladies that are so much fun to be with. The craft is for this event, they are called swaps. They are small crafts to trade with others. We are holding and event called the Kathy Mazza Kamporee. Kathy Mazza was killed on 9/11, she was the first female police captain in the Port Authority. She was a girl scout in my district and her mom was a leader. Her mom and I are good friends through my Sons of Italy organization. Kathy had no children so her parents and husband just give away the money they recieved to worthy causes. We were granted a huge donation and we are doing a Day at Camp for girls who have never had the experience.
We are doing camp fires, crafts, singalongs and then having a big BBQ. We decided to have that catered as we will be so busy with the girls. We are taking them out to the camp in coach buses. They will also learn about Kathy Mazza as she was an extraordinary woman. She was a Woman of Distinction. She was the head nurse at the biggest Heart hospital here ( St. Francis). Then switched careers to be with her husband in the police force. She is responsible for having deflibators in all airports and schools. She is noted in the Smithsonian for this.
We have other things planned for the money, like cleaning up a park that was named in her honor. I also developed a patch program for the girls in my district in her honor to do community service 2 years ago. So you can guess how much money they gave us.
These are the things I juggle besides being Pres. of Girl Scouts, Pres. of the Sons of Italy etc . etc.
So going out to eat will be fun and the craft night will be also, I will bring the Kings Cake there and find a baby or ring inside of it for good luck
We will need it with all these girls.
Linda
PS this is the patch I designed for the community service program
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everyone - at least it's morning for a few more minutes. I'm on my lunch hour right now and thought I would take a few minutes to post. We have to work today because Presidents Day is one of our floating holidays. They let us take it at Christmas so we can have a longer holiday then. Not much going on but work and the same old same old. My weeked was nice though, I finished a book and started another, didn't get any baking done due to my headache. My DSL has been giving me problems all weekend, but I have been able to keep up with everything in the land of the internet.

Guess I had better get going - hope to talk to you later.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear things are going well. MDH John is dealing on the phone with Ford collision, insurance adjusters and car rental agency. Surprised

Sorry to hear DSL is giving you a net headache Cool

Life is like an onion, you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep.
Motherof2Boys
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Afternoon Everyone!!!

I'm on my lunch break...a little late today. Busy day at work. Have so much to do today and won't be able to get it all done. Oh Well!!

Wyatt doesn't have school today...teacher in session day. So both of the boys are in daycare, Lukas will be happy. He likes having his brother with him, I guess I can't blame him.

DH cleaned out our old fifth wheel yesterday, we are getting it ready to sell. We've heard from the dealer we bought the new one from and they have gotten the rear hitch put on and was going to have it cleaned and ready to go by this week. We will be leaving it there until the end of March when the roads are clean and dry. I guess they have nothing else to do, because they knew we weren't planning on getting it until then.

Hope you all have a good day. It's a beautiful sunny day here today. Cool

Jennifer

http://bakespace.com/?motherof2boys
Lagar
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

As I mentioned our friend Jimmy had an heart attack and is still in the hospital. He had a triple blockage and Thank God is still with us.
Cathy's (his wife) father was in florida when this happened and now has the two older children. Since I didn't have to work on friday I took Amber the baby. I have to admit its been ALOT of years since a baby has been in the house and our dog has never had a baby to contend with Confused I don't have any grandchildren,and this has worn me out! Amber is going back to her grandfather and hope he does ok with all the kids.
I bet our dogis going to miss her- he won't leave her side.
I'll try to get back on tomorrow.
Holly hope you get your car situation taken care of and prayers to all in need.
Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: