BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thursday-March 29

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lagar
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Thursday-March 29 Reply with quote

OK- is there something going on that I don't know about? Where is everyone?

Linda
Motherof2Boys
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was kind of wondering the same thing!!! I was on earlier today and thought the same thing.......but now at 2:17 EST. There must be something.

Hope everyone is doing OK!

Jennifer

http://bakespace.com/?motherof2boys
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Afternoon, Everyone!

We had a day of unexpected events yesterday. Today is catching up, as well as preparing for my son's trip. Last minute laundry and anything else needed before they take off for Louisiana tomorrow morning. Classes should be over within the half hour. Watch out, our Spring Break begins. Please pray for their safety as they travel and work on homes damaged during Hurricane Katrina.

Hugs,
Vicki

Smile
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD AFTERNOON JENNIFER, LINDA L,VICKI and ALL other Dear FRIENDS....... I got a late start this morning...I really needed to pay some bills and go through my bank statement, which I'm glad I did because I had more money than I thought I should have!!!! That's always a nice surprise. I had just signed on and seen no one had posted yet and was in the process of finding a cute graphic and was going to post, when DD called and said they were over with a pizza for lunch. So I got off and figured I'd come back later. It's now 3:00 and they just left and they are coming back later to eat dinner with us. Cody is spending the nite. Blake has a full blown case of Chicken Pox and some are very close to his eyes too. Bless his heart he looks so miserable. Running a temp and they had to take him in for a chest x-ray this mornign because his fever wasn't going away with meds. and the doctor was afraid he might have phneumonia...which he didn't, thank goodness! Anyway DD is taking off work for a week, until these scab over and he quits running a temp...you know how little kids are when thier sick....only mommy will do! But Cody and I are going to spend some one on one time togerther tonite....which we haven't done for a while.... he likes the undivided attention!

***LINDA L, Hope you had a good day at work!

***JENNIFER, Hope you had a nice day as well!

***VICKI, Hope your day went well. Sounds like you were busy getting your son ready to leave for Louisiana. Bless his heart....going down there to help reconstruct those homes that were destoried by Katrina! That sure was a very divastating hurricane wasn't it?

I need to get off here, I think I'll go make some brownies before the kids get back. Hello to all the other girls that stop in! Congratulations to LINDA W for her appointed position last nite and thanks for sharing the pictures. I'll chat with everyone later. Take care and may God Bless you ALL.......Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I'm late today.It's just been one of those days,I couldn't seem to get anything done on time .
The girls just got through with their homework,it's 4 o'clock and we have to go back to school this evening for a fine arts night.Seems like I spend more time there than I do here. Laughing
Everyone have a great day?I hope all of you did!

Linda, I try to get on in the morning but today things didn't work out for me.

Jennifer,Everyone must be having the same problem I'm having today.

Vicki,That's a wonderful thing your son is doing.I'm sure you're very proud of him.

Debbie,Sorry to hear that Blake has the chicken pox.Have fun tonight with Cody.

Got to go and rest a little while before heading back to school.
I'll try to get on earlier tomorrow.

Hugs to all,
Pat
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Linda L., Jennifer, Vicki, Debbie, Pat, and anyone else who comes by today. I had a rough night, didn't get to sleep until after 4 and then overslept and had to rush to get ready to go run errands with my husband when he got home from work. I hate not sleeping good. We got our granddaughter a Barbie fishing rod and tackle box while we were out today, we are hoping to be able to take her out in our boat soon. I think she will have fun with it just practicing in the yard. She used to pretend a stick was a fishing rod, and even crank like it had a reel, we have no idea how she even knew to do that. We ended up going out to lunch. I decided today was the day to get the winter bedding off and store it. I hope it doesn't turn cold again.
*Vicki, what a wonderful son you have, helping out the hurricane devastated people. It is such a sad thing to see how bad it still is down there. It just doesn't seem like that could be the United States.
*Debbie, I made brownies yesterday, asked hubby to take them out of the oven when the timer went off, came in from the flower beds and they were still in the oven. He said he never heard the timer! Grrrrrrr. What a shame about Blake, is it a danger for his mother? One on one time is always nice isn't it? Enjoy your time with Cody.
*Pat, hope you had a nice time at the fine arts night.
Patti
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon everyone. Looks like we've all had a busy day! Since we are short two people at work this week, it's been very busy...but nice. Mark this on your calendar that I actually said the week was nice. Laughing I'll still be happy for Friday though! I was just getting ready to leave when my boss stopped by my desk and asked me to look for a couple of files, so I didn't leave the office at my normal time.

Debbie - isn't it nice to find that you have extra money in your account? It's a lot better to make an error in your favor rather than the banks. I had an extra $57 dollars in mine this month. When I was working on my bank statement Saturday, I noticed I had made a register entry for the OH BMV. As I was getting ready to add it to my outstanding checks, I remembered that I had charged it. So now I'm that much richer! I'm sorry to learn that Blake has chicken pox...poor little guy. How is your daughter going to be able to take care of him with her being pregnant? I bet Cody is going to love having his grandmother all to himself.

Linda and Jennifer...did you think we were all having a party and forgot to invite you? Laughing

Vicki - I think that's wonderful that your son is using his spring break to help others.

Pat - I was thinking the same thing...you are at the school alot. It's great that you take so much interest in the girls education and attend all their events. I bet a lot of children wish they had a grandmother like you.

Guess I had better get going. Have a nice evening!

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Patti - We were posting at the same time. I'm sorry that you had a bad night last night. When I have a sleepless night, I'm not good for much the next day. Hope you sleep better tonight. So how burnt were your brownies?

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I typed out a post earlier today to start Thursday's post, went looking for a graphic and clicked the wrong thing and my post disappeared.

I have spent this day doing the laundry. The wash cycles on this new washer are longer than my old one and it seems like it is taking forever. Of course, I was way behind on the wash after not having a washer for 6 days. I think I am going to have to learn to wash a load every day or so, or I will never be able to stay caught up. If I had known the cycles were so long, I think I would have just got one of the old fashioned type. Oh well, I guess it will help save on the water bill.

It has been warm and humid here the past few days. I'm afraid summer is on the way. UGH! I hate summer weather.

I hope everyone has a great evening!

Hugs, Kenna Lou
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Linda
I posted under yesterday date for today, can you tell how tired I am. I am on my way out the door to a dinner, then the airport to pick up my father.
Have a great day
Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: