BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~~ Cheery Good Morning - Tuesday, April 10, 2007 ~~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: ~~ Cheery Good Morning - Tuesday, April 10, 2007 ~~ Reply with quote

Cheery Good Morning, Friends!
Tea and coffee are ready. Some sticky buns are ready to warm. Are you ready to stop over of breakfast or coffee break?

Weather is still chilly. Perfect for Dutch Onion Potato Soup (with Gouda cheese added) and a salad. If I have time, I'll make some homemade bread, too. School resumed yesterday - it is great having Eric home.

Vicki

Smile
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Vicki and all who follow later.
I could use some tea and sticky buns this morning as you can see by my graphic I'm not excited about it being morning.It seems to get here so fast Laughing
I am feeling some better today.If the weather would just warm back up I think that would help.
Getting back to my usual routine today.Already have 2 loads of laundry waiting and have some chicken that I need to decide on how to cook for dinner.This evening I have to go to walmarts to get my medicine.
I hope all of you have a more interesting day planned than I do.

Vicki, Tea and sticky buns sound great.I'm ready anytime. Our weather is still chilly too.The past several mornings have been in the 20's,this morning was about freezing.The weatherman keeps telling us it's warming back up.By the weekend we should be back in the 40's at night and 70's during the day.Now thats getting closer to my favorite temperatures.

Wishing all you wonderful ladies a great day.

Pat
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO VICKI, PAT AND OTHER FRIENDS that stop in today.......It is still cold here today and I'm so ready for warmer weather asI think my furnace is starting to go bad! It qiut working Saturday and DH went to the basement to check it out and reset something and it came on and this morning I noticed that the house s starting to get cold and went to turn the furnace up and it was already on 74, so I turned it up to 75 and it hasn't came on yet. I guess we'll have to call the repair man. Today wil be cleaning day for me, since I had company most of the yesterday and didn't do it. I'm leaning towards an easy dinner tonite, Cheeseburgers, fried potatoes and mac and cheese. I'm about Potato souped out! It was very good, but I told DH I had to take a break from eating it!

***VICKI, You sound awfully chipper this morning! It's too bad we all live so far apart or we could gather around the dining room table for coffee and a sticky bun. I think I might even stay for some of your onion potato soup...oh wait a minute, I forgot that I'm souped out right now! I know how happy you are to have Eric back home safe and sound. Did he tell you all about his experience?

***PAT, Your morning graphic of Garfield does remind me of someone that has a cold and wants to go back to bed with the blanket pulled over thier head! Now don't over do today with the laundry and cooking. Colds make you feel as bad as the flu only you don't have anything coming out of both ends...but you still feel like poop!

Well I guess I better get busy cleaning, maybe that will warm me up! Hello to friends that stop in after me. I pray everyone that's feeling bad,starts feeling better...like Sheryle, hope your back is better and Patti, I pray your tests you're having done today come back with a explanation as to how to help your back get better, so the numbness goes away! Hope everyone has a wonderful day, Take care and hugs and a smile coming to ya....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat -- I hope you feel better and warm weather heads your way soon.
Debbie -- Is your furnace very old? I hope it doesn't need to be replaced.

I did make bread for supper tonight. Don't think I'm being smug, though - took a shortcut and used frozen bread dough. (Please don't tell on me.) Rolling Eyes

Vicki
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to EVERYONE.....Speaking of everyone...where are they??? How did you soup turn out Vicki? I was going to make cheeseburgers for dinner and DH came home a half an hour early, because he didn't take a lunch today and said ....Hey Logans Steak House has dinners 2 for 12.99 want to go? I said I think you better twist my arm harder...LOL We just got back from there ad it was delicious. We both had South Western BBQ Chicken Breast smothered with Monteray Jack Cheese and Tomatoes...Oh My was it GOOD!! I really enjoyed it! Vicki you ask about our furnace and how old it was...We've lived here 7 years and it was about 2 years old when we moved in, so it's 9 or 10 years old. I don't know if that's old for a furnace or not. As much as they cost, you'd think they'd last longer than 10 yrs. DH says about how long they last. He went downstairs when we got home and re-set it again and it is working again, but who knows for how long. Hopefully untl the cold weather runs it's course!
Well I guess I'll get off here and go check out the TOH Board and my "Myspace"...and by then it will be time for Am. Idol! Hope everyone has a peaceful evening! Hugs to all.....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening all! Our little group just keeps getting smaller...doesn't it. I just emailed Linda L to see what's up with her. I stayed home again today, but am going to go back to work tomorrow. I won't really know how much better my back is until I try to sit at my desk all day.

Vicki - I would have loved to join you for tea or coffee and sticky buns. Sounds yummy and so does your potato soup! I bet you are thrilled to have your son home.

Pat - Love your graphic! I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. The weather here is supposed to get warmer but then the monsoons hit. Seems like all we ever get are dark dreary days...it's a treat when the sun shines. Not sure I remember what the sun looks like. So what did you make with you chicken?

Debbie - sorry to hear that your furnace is acting up...that is such an inconvenience! Glad your husband could get it going again. I need to get a new furnace, but hate to go to the expense...I definitely need one before next winter! Mmm, you're making my mouth water with you dinner menu. What a nice surprise to get to go to dinner instead of cooking.

Better go for now. Have a nice evening!

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello lovely ladies!
*Vicki, I loved that graphic, and even more the invitation. Sticky buns sound good and I love tea and coffee so I could be flexible. Glad that Eric is back safe and sound.
*Pat, it was so cold here this morning I had to clean the ice off my windshield. I am glad to hear that you are feeling a little better, we finally had some sun today.
*Debbie, I hope your heater is an easy fix, ours started acting up and we had to keep resetting it, it just needed a part. Then it started breaking down about once a winter and hubby watched the repairman fix it, got the name and number of the part and now we keep one on hand and he fixes it himself when it goes on the blink, sure does save a lot of money. (Hubby is NOT mechanically inclined either.) I think Logan's Steakhouse is a new steak house that they put in near us, I never heard of it before, since you had a good experience maybe hubby and I should check it out.
*Sheryle, good luck with your back and going back to work tomorrow, when I was at Walmart today I picked up some of those Thermacare wraps, one for my neck and one for my back, they seem to help sometimes. Have you ever tried them? I hope Linda L. comes back, she was mad at me, I wrote and apologized, I sure hope I am not the reason she is staying away. I feel very bad for upsetting her.
I wont know anything about my tests for a few days, I hope it is nothing too bad. I was in that MRI machine for almost an hour and a half, I really hate being in there! I am looking forward to American Idol, unless of course Sanjaya doesn't go home!
Patti
KY_Kate
Chef

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, y'all.......

You would think that after yesterday, I would remember my user name and password today! Wrong............lots of senior moments!

Just checked out Sheryle's site. It is lookin' good. I loved the family pictures.

Not much going on here. Had a really rough day at work trying to get so much done before vacation starts. Counting down - one more work day, and then it is vacation time!

My cleaning lady came today. It was nice to come home to a clean house. I have her come in every two weeks. Since we are leaving on Friday, she came today instead.

In case I don't get here before I leave, y'all keep a list of all of the good recipes I miss.

KY Kate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: