BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tuesday, 5 November

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qui
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Tuesday, 5 November Reply with quote

Good Morning everyone ... It's a little almost 2 AM and I have cinnamon buns in the oven. Today is a friends Birthday so I thought I'd take her breakfast.

I spoke with Nubbins last weekend - she is feeling much better, frustrated that she can't move around like a 19 year old, but getting over it ... doesn't feel like hooking up to the puter, or too much of anything except gaining strength...she says thanks for all the messages of good will (I read them to her) and she will be back...

and me?...where have I been for 2 weeks?...you know that new computer?.. well, I downloaded an antivirus program... and it came with a Trojan that locked up windows... spent 3 days in the shop ... then I got busy at the Legion... see what...

http://www.wcjb.com/local-news/2013/11/blessing-buckets-homeless-veterans

This was so much fun...and so rewarding...

Welcome Marsha, hope you stop in often... you will find these ladies most helpful, friendly and downright family.

New recipe - you need a 4 cup egg poacher -
Sauté -
2 T minced sweet pepper + 2 T minced onion in 2 T butter till just tender
Lay a small sardine in each cup (or pieces of sardine)
Top each sardine with 2 or 3 very thin slices of garlic
Divide onion/pepper as evenly as possible into the 4 cups (including the butter)
Top with an egg and poach
Serve with toast, bagel, croissant, crumpet, English muffin, bread sticks or whatever is in the pantry - homemade bread perhaps.

and lastly for now ...I want a butcher like Fan has

Whatever you are...Be a good one.
Kylesgranny
Commis Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning! We've got clouds right now and some storms coming in later this afternoon. It's a good day for baking! I've got some banana bread to make today and who knows what else! I'm in the mood, so hubby will leave me alone! He likes whatever I bake. Besides - he finished up the chocolate cake last night, so I need to make something.

I didn't get in yesterday because we headed out early and went to Walmart. I absolutely hate going there. I don't like crowds and especially rude crowds. Luckily, there weren't too many people, so I could get everything on my list. It's been a while since I bought some nutmeg, but needed some and nearly had a heart attack at the price! OMG! That little McCormick's container was $3.45!!!! I'll have to look around to find some that's cheaper. Thankfully, you never have to use much.

Qui - I love my computer, but they sure can be a hassle. Hubby got on the PC a while back and I honestly don't know what he did, but I ended up having to do a repair install. What a mess! It's still not right, but at least he can use it. I'll get back on it and check it out later. Since you mentioned cinnamon buns, I'll just have to make some!

I'm going to run along and get into the kitchen - my all time favorite place to be! You all have a beautiful day! Hugs!

Marsha
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Qui, Kylesgranny and everybody else, have a great day Very Happy

I'm still swimming to the office and getting washed up home. Unbelievable we are having such rain showers, even worse it's going to go on till the weekend according to the forecasts.
Qui, I'll tell my butcher on my next bacon and sausage run Laughing . Glad to hear Nubbins is doing reasonably well. Tell her I'm still thinking of her and praying she gets back to her old self soon. Nice recipe you came up with. Is it possible to do it with another kind of fish too?
Kylesgranny, I don't like crowds either and try to do my grocery runs and market visits preferably before 8.30 am in the morning Wink But most of my shops and stores are within walking or actually crawling distance, so avoiding crowds is easy. Have fun baking today.
Ann-Marie, stop counting down. Wink Only one day left for you. Hang in there, vacation is coming up.

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon girls. Long morning for us. I spent an hour in the MRI machine, then we went to get haircuts, and grocery shopping. Sure is surprising how much a few items can add up so quickly. Hubby took off to play golf, brrrr, with a friend and I straightened up the house and of course laundry.
**Qui/Pat, what a wonderful thing to be involved with, it is so sad to see people being homeless. Glad to hear that Nubbins is improving, even if it is not as quickly as she would like. I am glad you are letting her know how much we miss her and are praying for her recovery.
Cinnamon rolls sound wonderful. I love cinnamon!
**Kylesgranny/Marsha, I love baking also, I wish I could do it more often. But with not being able to do much physical activities it is dangerous to have around the house. I love baking and sending things along with hubby to share with co-workers or to send home with family.
The prices of spices at the store are terribly high. I buy from Penzey's through the mail (on-line) or My Spice Sage both have really good prices and products.
**Fan, does all that rain make you feel sad? I hate not seeing the sun. That is one of the benefits if living in a town, being able to walk to the shops. The nearest town with shops for me is 13 miles away.

Time to get the towels out of the dryer, see you all tomorrow.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: