OVERVIEW: To celebrate the DVD and Blu-ray release of Disney's “Moana” on March 2nd, 2017, BakeSpace, Inc. is sponsoring the “Flavors of Your Heritage Recipe Contest” (the “Contest”) on their website, www.bakespace.com (the “Website”). Home cooks will get a chance to submit recipes that celebrate their own heritage.
SPONSOR: BakeSpace, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) 7510 Sunset Blvd., Suite 1150, Los Angeles, CA 90046.
Prize Providers: Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures and BakeSpace, Inc. (collectively, the “Prize Providers”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by and acknowledge compliance with these official rules (“Official Rules”), including eligibility requirements. The decisions of Sponsor regarding all aspects of this Contest are final and binding. Responsibility for receipt of Entry (defined below) rests solely with the entrant. Entries (defined below) submitted must be original. Neither Sponsor nor Prize Providers will be liable for any intellectual property infringement. Sponsor will not be responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, unavailable network connections, or failed, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, or for any human or mechanical error that may occur in the processing of Entries. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest if it becomes technically corrupted, or due to Sponsor error or refusal. Sponsor will not acknowledge receipt of Entries. If you do not agree with any of these Official Rules, please do not participate in the Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to Website members who are at least 18 years of age or older (or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older). Employees (and their immediate families) of the Prize Providers or Sponsor, and any of their affiliates, subsidiaries, participating vendors, promotion or advertising agencies, or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Contest are ineligible. You must have a BakeSpace.com account, access to the Internet, a valid e-mail address, and be a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia in order to enter. Void where prohibited.
HOW TO ENTER: To enter, you must have a BakeSpace.com account. If you don’t have a BakeSpace.com account, feel free to join for free at the Website. Inclusion in the Contest is earned by uploading an original recipe (“Recipe”) to the “Flavors of your Heritage” recipe category (under the “Promotions” main food category) on the Website (online activities that are consistent with BakeSpace.com membership, and are in no way special to this Contest). Recipes must be original or modified in a way that no other recipe developer may claim ownership to them. Recipes must contain a backstory with a description on why it was inspired by your own heritage (“Story”, collectively with Recipe referred to herein as “Entry/ies”). Participating in the Contest does not guarantee that you will win a prize. There is a maximum of one (1) Entry per person regardless of the number of Website accounts an entrant creates.
WHERE TO ENTER: To enter, visit www.bakespace.com/more/contests/moana/.
JUDGING CRITERIA: Judging will be based on 50% originality, 30% relevance to theme (flavors of your heritage) and 20% the creativity of the Recipe. Any entry that receives the same points will be judged by our official tie-breaker judge. That judge will give the tie-breaker recipes points based on how easy it was to follow recipe, flavor and story.
Entries that are unoriginal/unmodified or copied from another source are not eligible. By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge that all submitted Entries are original, and owned by you. You also agree that Sponsor may post your submitted Entry on the Website without providing you any form of payment or compensation. Entries will continue to stay on the Website for as long as you have an account on the Website or unless we delete them for violation of terms or duplication of submission. You agree that your Entry will not include any material or language that is profane, defamatory, unlawful, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. Sponsor in its sole discretion reserves the right not to upload any Entry to its Website and cancel your participation in the Contest if it determines your Entry violates any of these conditions. The Sponsor’s server will time and date stamp every Entry that is submitted. Only Entries added to the Website during the Contest period will be included in the Contest. Sponsor has the right to promote the winning Entries in all promotional material in perpetuity.
JUDGES: Four (4) winners (one (1) Grand Prize winner and three (3) Runner Ups) will be selected by a panel comprised of three (3) of Sponsor’s employees (collectively, “Judges”) who will apply the judging criteria listed above. The decision of the judges will be final and binding.
CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00:00 AM US Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on March 2, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 PM US PST on April 2, 2017. Submitted Entries received after the end of the Contest period will not be eligible. Judging will take place on April 2, 2017 to April 10, 2017.
PRIZES: Prizes will consist of the following:
One (1) Grand Prize (the “Grand Prize”) : One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of: (a) one (1) stand mixer (approximate retail value (“ARV”): $400.00); (b) one (1) gift basket (contents of basket to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) (ARV: $39.95) and (c) one (1) “Moana” Blu-ray Combo Pack (ARV:$ 39.99).
Three (3) Runner Up Prizes (“Runner Up Prizes”): Three (3) Runner Up Prizes will be awarded to three (3) separate winners. Each Runner Up winner will receive: (a) one (1) “Moana” Blu-ray Combo Pack (ARV: $39.99) and (b) one (1) gift basket (contents of basket to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) (ARV: $39.95).
Grand Prize and Runner Up Prizes collectively referred to herein as “Prize(s)”. Total ARV of all Prizes being awarded: $719.76.
Prizes cannot be assigned, transferred, changed, or redeemed for cash except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No substitutions allowed except, if a Prize is unavailable then Sponsor reserves the right to replace the Prize with one of equal or greater value. All federal, state, and local taxes, and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the winners. Other restrictions may apply. All Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received.
WINNER NOTIFICATION: BakeSpace, Inc. will notify winners via email by May 1st, 2017. Winners will have 90 days to respond to notice. If they do not respond to email notification, judges will award prizes to recipe with the next highest points.
1) Release and Indemnity: By participating in this Contest, entrants and winners release Sponsor and Prize Providers and all of their parents, members, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, agents, employees, advertising agencies, and all others associated with the development and/or execution of this Contest, from and against any and all claims and/or liability with respect to or in any way arising from this Contest and/or acceptance or use of any Prize, including, without limitation, liability for personal injury, damages or loss. Furthermore, entrants and winner’s agree to indemnify Sponsor, Prize Providers and Judges and all of their parents, members, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, agents, employees, advertising agencies, and all others associated with the development and/or execution of this Contest.
2) License to use entrant’s name, likeness, biographical info: Sponsor may use your likeness and information you provide in your Website profile to promote your Entry to its members and community online and in Sponsor’s newsletter.
3) Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
1) Neither Sponsor nor Judges nor Prize Providers shall be responsible for Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere. In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address and/or screen name submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address or screen name by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
2) Sponsor, Judges and/or Prize Providers, in their absolute discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Website or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the absolute discretion of Sponsor, Judges and/or Prize Providers.
3) Sponsor, Judges and Prize Providers further reserve the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort.
4) Sponsor, Prize Providers and Judges are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Contest, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may cancel, terminate or modify this Contest based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will Sponsor or Judges or Prize Providers be responsible for awarding more than the number of Prizes specified in these rules.
5) In the event this Contest is cancelled or terminated, pursuant to subparagraph (3) or (4), Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to select winners from among all eligible Entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the Prizes offered herein.
6) SPONSOR AND PRIZE PROVIDERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS TO THIS CONTEST OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE.
7) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8) The value(s) of the Prize(s) set forth above represent Sponsor’s good faith determination of the ARV thereof; the actual fair market value(s) as ultimately determined by Sponsor are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated ARV of a Prize is more than the actual fair market value of that Prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. No substitution or compensation will be given for any portion of the prize that is not used.
Privacy Policies and Data Collections
LIST OF WINNERS: Screen names (and corresponding images) of all winners will be posted on the “Flavors of Your Heritage Recipe Contest” within the Website. To obtain a list of winners, you may also e-mail us at email@example.com after May 1, 2017, or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by July 1, 2017 to: BakeSpace, Inc., ATTN: Flavors of Your Heritage Winners List, 7510 Sunset Blvd, Suite 1150, Los Angeles, CA 90046.