Welcome to the BakeSpace Blog
Hey there… welcome to the BakeSpace.com blog. If you love to cook & bake, you’re in the right place!
I launched BakeSpace.com in 2006 as the Web’s first food social network and today the site has grown to become a diversified online media, app publishing and event production company for people who are passionate about cooking and the culinary lifestyle.
On our blog, we share member news, contests, cooking tips and air our live culinary shows such as KitchenParty & Get Baked Live. Subscribe to our Youtube Channel or Google Profiles for show updates (see sidebar for links).
Love sharing recipes? Then why not join us on BakeSpace.com? On the site, you can create a free online kitchen, upload & swap recipes and even publish (and sell) your own interactive cookbook as both an ebook and iPad app using our free digital cookbook publisher Cookbook Café. Check it out!
Are you a food blogger? Check out our food blogger conference TEChmunch.
What to see what we’re building? Check out our platforms
Are you a brand? Want to work with us? We’d love to create an online kitchen, develop a branded google hangout or digital cookbook for your brand. We’ve worked with several great brands including Sony, ABC, Reynolds, Sabra, Fox Searchlight, Universal, Chobani, KitchenAid, Driscoll’s Berries, Beyond Meat, Scharffen Berger Chocolate, About.com to name a few. Send us an email anytime to babette + at + bakespace + dot + com.
A little about me: I’m an LA-based tech entrepreneur who’s obsessed with cupcake, coffee, our recuse animals (aka my babies) and juice blending a new recipe every morning (check out our instagram feed (@bakespace) for some of my recipes).
I love any holiday where we can sit down for a great meal. I’m a totally softy when it comes to animal rescues (which is why I have several!).
I spend most of the year traveling around the country meeting food bloggers at our conference TECHmunch. We’ve produced conferences in LA, NYC, Chicago, Tampa, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Austin and Toronto. Check out schedule to see if we’re heading to a city near you!
In my previous life I directed and produced reality television for 13 years before launching our food community. Yes, I was one of those evil reality television creators.
I haven’t completely given up on my TV roots. In 2012, I launched KitchenParty (one of the first and longest running weekly live food shows on Google+ Hangouts) and just started co-hosting Get Baked (a new baking-themed Google Hangout with a new chat every Sunday.)
I enjoy hanging out with our members and salivating over their delicious recipes. Every day I’m inspired by the thousands of food bloggers and home cooks I see online – and I hope to one day be able to cook as well as they do! Hopefully this blog, our live web shows and cooking tips we share will inspire you too! Thank you for stopping by… I hope you feel at home in our little kitchen on the web. Come by anytime!
Here’s what some of the press has to say about our charming community for home cooks:
- “The closest thing to a Facebook for foodies is BakeSpace.com.” – USA Today
- “The site is easy to use and full of dishes that everyday cooks might actually want to make. The space may be virtual, but the food is real.” – Scripps Howard News Service
- “Charming in its simplicity, country kitchen aesthetic and ease of use, BakeSpace is an open invitation not only to bakers, but to cooks of all kinds.” – Bon Appetit
- “The key to it’s appeal is the interactive design which encourages like-minded cooks to make friends over the internet.” – Washington Post
- “If food defines you, there’s a new online gathering place for you to find the similarly obsessed, and its called BakeSpace. Now that’s a pretty great idea I have to say.” –Even Kleinman, Host of NPR’s “Good Food”
- “Move over MySpace – now there’s something tastier! The newest social networking Web site to hit the scene is geared toward the food obsessed, and it’s called BakeSpace.” – CNET’s Chow.com
Where to go next: