Chocolate & Wine Pairing Google Hangout with Scharffen Berger Chocolate #UncorkChocolate + Giveaway
Do you adore chocolate? Are you smitten with wine?
Even if you answered yes to both (and who wouldn’t?), you may not be sure how to combine these two loves… but we’re here to help you find the answer.
Join the KitchenParty Live Hangout on November 13th as we chat live with SCHARFFEN BERGER Chocolate Expert Cy Olney about his favorite chocolate and wine pairings. He’ll answer your questions live and walk us through easy pairings you can recreate at home to the delight of your guests. The discussion will have something useful and inspiring for everyone – from the chocolate novice to the most seasoned sweet connoisseur.
Don’t forget to check out our Giveaway at the end of this post!
NEW TO KITCHENPARTY?
KitchenParty is an interactive live-streaming web series that airs weekly on Google+. With each episode we bring celebrities in the culinary world to chat live with our audience (i.e., YOU!). The format of our show allows you to ask questions, share recipes and upload photos of your culinary creations. Co-hosted by +Babette Pepaj (founder of BakeSpace.com, TECHmunch Food Blogger Conference and CookbookCafe.com) and +Rene Lynch (LA Times reporter), KitchenParty was created to inspire even the most seasoned cook.
Want to join the pairing Hangout? Here’s how…
DATE & TIME: THURSDAY, November 13 @ 8:00PM EST / 5:00PM PST
HOW TO WATCH THE SHOW:
RSVP on our G+ Page or simply bookmark this page and watch it live here!
HOW TO BECOME PART OF THE CONVERSATION:
- Before the event: Leave a question about chocolate and wine on this event page.
- Day of chat: Tune in Live! Join the conversation by posting a comment on this page or sending us a tweet using #UncorkChocolate and #kitchenparty
- Can’t make the live show? RSVP today (or bookmark this page) and watch the video later! All our videos are archived so you can tune in when it’s convenient for you!
Here’s a list of the goodies we’ll be sampling:
The Chocolate & Wine Pairings:
- Ferrari-Carano 2013 Chardonnay – Sonoma County. (Retail $23) (Paired with Scharffen Berger 62% Semisweet)
- Ferrari-Carano 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon – Alexander Valley. Cab/Syrah/Petit Verdot. (Retail $34) (Paired with Scharffen Berger 70% Bittersweet)
- Ferrari-Carano 2009 PreVail West Face – Alexander Valley. Cab/Syrah. Limited production. (Retail $55) (Paired with Scharffen Berger 82% Extra Dark)
- Ferrari-Carano 2009 Eldorado Gold – Sonoma County. Botrytised Semillion. Limited production. (Retail $30 375ml) (Paired with Scharffen Berger 33% Toasted Coconut & Macadamia)
Learn more about Scharffen Berger: http://www.scharffenberger.com/
Learn more about the vineyard: http://www.ferrari-carano.com/
This episode of Kitchenparty is sponsored by SCHARFFEN BERGER Chocolate Maker. America’s first contemporary artisan chocolate manufacturer, SCHARFFEN BERGER set out to craft the richest, most flavorful chocolate by sourcing the best cacao in the world, blending it in small batches, and gently processing it to maintain the subtle flavors in the beans.
Upcoming Shows: THURS 11/20: Live chat, cooking demo & Recipe Contest Kick-off with Chef Floyd Cardoz (“Top Chef Masters” winner and Culinary Consultant on The Hundred-Foot Journey (out on Blu-ray and Digital HD on Dec 2)
But wait there’s more!
During the live chat we’ll be giving away two QuickSilver Special Edition Corkscrew Sets. There are two ways to win a set:
- Leave a comment on our Blog post (see comment section below – login with any of your social sites)
- Participate in our live chat (e.g. post a comment on our G+ page and/or send us a tweet using #uncorkchocolate and #kitchenparty (you can use the twitter box above to post a comment.
Two winners will be chosen at random. You can enter as many times as you like.
- For a chance to win, you must complete one of the tasks above (leave a comment oon our blog post here or on our G+ event page for this hangout or post a tweet using our hashtag)
- You must have a valid U.S. based mailing address to ship product to
- You must reply to winner announcement within two weeks.
- Any entry in this giveaway that does not comply with the BakeSpace.com TOS will be disqualified (e.g. pornography, bad language, etc.)
- No purchase necessary to win
- Winners are selected at random – by entering the giveaway by means guarantees you will win.