BakeSpace.com Holiday Giveaway!
We’re just a few days away from the super-sweet climax of holiday baking season. While you may be strapped for time, it’s not too late to try something new – especially when it’s quick, easy and delicious! If you’re not sure where to start, check out the below “Kitchen Jam” video with Chef David Lawrence. David is the author of the refreshingly simple “Boy Eats World” cookbook, which is based on his fun and easy approach to gourmet cooking. The video features David’s recipe for Creamy Mini Tarts, which are absolutely delicious!
Mini Chopper Giveaway Details: After checking out the video, leave a comment to let us know what you’ll be making in the kitchen this holiday season. We’ll pick one random winner on January 5th to win a nifty KitchenAid Mini Chopper. It’s a perfect (and compact) addition to any kitchen!
GOOD LUCK! FYI – we’re also giving away a Chopper on our fan page! Whoo! Hoo! It’s like…. Christmas!
Creamy Mini Tarts
Hands-On Time: 1h
Ready In: 1h
Yield: 60 mini tarts (perfect for a party!)
Ease of Prep: Intermediate
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 can (14 oz.) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 boxes (1.9 oz.) mini fillo shells
2/3 cup Blueberry Preserves
Beat cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla until blended. Spoon about 2 teaspoons into each mini shell. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Make a slight indentation in the filling using the back of small round measuring spoon. Fill with 1/2 teaspoon preserves. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- FRESH FRUIT: Top mini tarts with fresh fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, bananas, raspberries, cherries, kiwi, grapes or pineapple. Garnish with mint leaves.
- HOT FUDGE: Place 2 tablespoons Hot Fudge Topping into corner of resealable plastic bag. Cut small corner off bag. Squeeze to drizzle over top of mini tarts.
- CHOCOLATE: Melt 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Stir into filling until blended. Fill mini shells. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
- PEANUT BUTTER: Stir 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter into filling until smooth and blended. Fill mini shells. Top with foil-wrapped milk chocolate pieces, unwrapped.
- MOCHA: Dissolve completely 2 tablespoons Instant Coffee in lemon juice before adding to cream cheese mixture. Fill mini shells. Top with chocolate curls.
“Two of my three children are allergic to nuts, so I do need to bake a lot from ’scratch’. As much as I enjoy this, it can be very difficult at Christmas time, with all these fantastic cookie, fudge, pie, salad and mix recipes calling for one or more nuts in it’s ingredients. Over the last couple of years, my kids and I have learned to be creative with our recipes and adapt them so they are safe to eat around here. This year, we did our traditional baking (gingerbread children, marshmallow fudge, pumpkin muffins, shortbread, chocolate surprises, and candy cane cookies) but also tried something new. We made cookies using chai tea spices. Very yummy! My kids love to help out in the kitchen, so we are looking forward to a year of being creative bakers!!”