Thinking about pairing your next holiday meal with a fun new micro brew? Not sure which brew goes well with your Thanksgiving turkey? Or simply looking for recipes with beer to try and don’t know what kind of beer to buy? You’re not alone. Beer can be confusing and intimidating. But it can also be awesome.
Whether you’re a die hard beer fan and want to connect with other beer lovers or you’re new the world of beer and want to make 2014 your beer year, join us on the next episode of BakeSpace.com‘s KitchenParty — a Google Hangout featuring top beer bloggers from Bitchbeer.org and one of our favorite chefs on Google+ Thom Pastor who happens to be the coolest beer guy we know! Tune in here on Nov. 7th to watch the live show. (See details below) Can’t make the live show? Bookmark this page and our show will be archived here. Subscribe to us on G+ and on Youtube for show updates!
- GUESTS: Chef Thom Pastor (+Thom Pastor) and Beer Authors Bitch Beer (+Bitchbeer)
- TOPIC: Beer Pairings: How to choose the best beer this holiday season, what beer goes with what ingredients and what’s new in beer in 2014!
- DATE & TIME: THURSDAY, November 7th @ 8PM EDT / 5PM PDT
- HOW TO WATCH THE SHOW: Tune into this page! We’ll add the live video to feed to this page before we go live! You may have to unmute the video when we begin.
- HOW TO JOIN OUR LIVE CHAT: Leave a comment below to ask Thom and the ladies from BitchBeer.org a question. We’ll share it with her live on the show….
- WHERE ELSE CAN YOU CHAT: Use #kitchenparty on Twitter and G+ as well!
KitchenParty is a weekly interactive and live-streaming web series on Google+. Produced by the Webby award winning food community BakeSpace.com and Cookbook Cafe (where you can publish your own cookbook as an iPad app for free). Each week our live web series brings you the culinary world’s most innovative movers and shakers. The format of our show allows our audience to join the conversation – ask questions, share recipes, upload photos of your culinary creations. Join us each Thursday for a new show! Subscribe to us on G+ and on Youtube for show updates!
FOLLOW #KITCHENPARTY HOSTS:
Shows coming up:
- Nov. 14: The Robichelli’s (Cupcakes, A Love Story)
- Nov. 21: Wine Pairing Show
- Dec. 5: Holiday Baking with Bakerella
- Dec. 12: KitchenParty Cookie Chat & Swap. Help us make a community cookie cookbook – add your recipe here!
- Dec. 19: Holidays Around the World.. several friends of ours on G+ will join us for a live chat about what communities around the world are doing this holiday to celebrate with friends, family and great food!
As a graduate of The Culinary Institute of America I intended to make my name in fine-dining. Well, plans change.
I enjoy the challenges of working against the status-quo of unhealthy food in healthcare. There’s no question that hospital food has earned its pitiful reputation. Now I spend my days in the trenches fighting the good fight.
My alter-ego is heavily involved with culinary education and craft beer events (not necessarily in that order). I advocate for culinary education by serving on the advisory board and occasionally teaching at Cascade Culinary Institute. You’ll also find me attending and co-hosting many craft beer tastings in Bend, Oregon.
On Feb. 4, 2012, a group of girls went on a brewery tour. Pints later, Bitch Beer was born.
Statistics show that approximately 80 percent of beer drinkers are men. We represent that other 20 percent, and we’re intent on growing.
We went with the name Bitch Beer because we want to disprove the old adage that women aren’t really beer drinkers. We’re evoking a name often given to sugary, low-alcohol content beer substitutes like Smirnoff Ice or Mike’s Hard Lemonade to prove that, from a stout to an IPA, these so-called bitches can drink any beer they please. You heard us, every beer is a Bitch Beer.
Until then.. watch our last ‘Beer’ KitchenParty!
Filed in: #KitchenParty