Help BakeSpace Win a Webby Award!
It’s David versus Goliath… but in this case YOU can help determine the outcome!
Our grassroots startup has been nominated for a 2010 Webby Award in the super-competitive Social Networking category. This means we’re going head-to-head with some of the Web’s largest sites (including Twitter and Digg.com) to win both the “Judges Award” and the “People Voice Award,” which is voted on by the public.
Your vote will help the BakeSpace community show that our grassroots site can beat the big guys head-on.
So please take a minute to vote, and start by watching the video and reading the quick instructions below.
The Webby Awards the Web’s equivalent of the Oscars… but without the long speeches. Being nominated as one of just five finalists in the Social Media category is a big deal for any Web site, especially a grassroots community like BakeSpace!
As a Webby nominee, we’re also eligible to win both the judges award and the “People’s Voice Award,” which is voted on by the public. We need your help to win… so please take a moment to cast your vote for BakeSpace.
The deadline to cast your vote is April 29th, but the sooner, the better. We’re competing against some huge, well-financed companies like Twitter & Digg, so we really appreciate your support!
Vote for BakeSpace in three easy steps:
- Visit the official Webby Awards voting site at http://webby.aol.com/users/new. It takes just a few seconds to register, and you can use whatever name and e-mail address you like (so long as it’s a valid e-mail address).
- Once registered, you will receive a validation e-mail – it’s instant, so if you don’t see it in your inbox check your spam folder. Click on the validation link to activate your voting ballet.
- SHORT CUT: Once logged in, go to the Social Networking Category (we linked directly to the page) or simply search “BakeSpace” in the small search box at the top of the page on the right. BakeSpace will be the first company on the list. Vote by clicking on the tiny circle to corresponds to BakeSpace. Then click “Vote” and that’s it.
Voting is as easy as making toast!
If you have an extra minute, please share your vote when promoted after you vote. Letting your friends on Facebook & Twitter know how they can vote will help us spread the word!
Other ways you can help…
- Tweet: All the cool kids are voting for BakeSpace.com in the #Webbys. You should too! http://bit.ly/vote4bakespace
- Post a link to this post on facebook and let your friends know we need their help.
- Post a blog about why you think our community should win the Webby then link to it in our comments section so we can send some food friends your way! 😉
On behalf of our small team here at BakeSpace, thanks for your support, and for helping show the world that our community is helping save the world one recipe at a time. BakeSpace is the only food-themed site in the category and the only one founded by a woman. Getting your vote and helping to spread the word can make all the difference in the world.