Salsa may seem like a relatively new culinary development, but it’s actually been around since at least the time of the Aztecs. They discovered long ago that the zesty flavors of fresh tomatoes, onions and peppers made a great addition to their everyday foods. Sabra’s Fresh Salsa is perfect for every occasion. The combination of chunky vegetables and hand picked tomatoes in Sabra’s Salsas deliver a fresh taste that will make you think you’re discovering salsa for the first time.
Sponsored Post: Visit Sabra.com
If you’re a fan of salsa, but haven’t ventured beyond the chip and dip stage, you’re missing out on some true dining pleasures. In this recipe for Chicken with Salsa Over Asparagus, for example, Sabra Southwestern Style Salsa provides a delicious kick to a sauce for juicy chicken served over roasted asparagus. All four of Sabra’s salsas deliver authentic flavors no matter how you choose to enjoy them.
So what are some other ways you can liven up meals with salsa? Try some of these ideas from Sabra:
- Start the day off with a bang by making Breakfast Nachos. It’s a fun twist on a classic frittata that uses chorizo, Sabra Homestyle Salsa or Sabra Chunky Pico de Gallo, and tortilla chips to wake up your taste buds.
- Enjoy a hearty, meatless lunch with Black Bean and Goat Cheese Tacos. Wrapped in soft tortillas and topped with Sabra Classic Style Salsa, it’s a lunch that will truly satisfy.
- Turn plain brown rice into something party-worthy by cooking it up with some onion and garlic, then mixing in some Sabra Southwestern Style Salsa.
Salsa is an easy way to put some fun and adventure back into cooking. Discover some new ways to enjoy your favorite flavors and get your taste buds dancing. To get these and other recipes, visit www.sabra.com.
Also, Visit Sabra on Facebook!
Chicken with Salsa Over Asparagus
Yield: 4-6 servings
Start to finish: 30 minutes
2 medium sized bunches of asparagus, ends trimmed, lower stalks peeled if tough
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
1/2 cups whipping cream
2 cups Sabra Salsa (your favorite variety)
1/3 cups chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place asparagus on large baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a little sea salt. Toss to coat asparagus, evenly.
- Oil a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish and lay in chicken breasts.
- Mix together salsa and whipping cream. Spoon over chicken breasts and bake for 10 minutes.
- Place baking sheet with asparagus in oven and bake 15 minutes longer until asparagus is browned and crunchy-tender, making sure to turn them a couple times during baking.
- Arrange a portion of the asparagus on warm dinner plates and lay a chicken breast over each portion. Stir sauce in pan and pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Filed in: The Kitchen