Red Velvet Chat: GetBaked Live
Love to bake? Join our new live-streaming baking series “Get Baked” (a weekly interactive and live-streaming web series on Google+) brought to you by the founders of BakeSpace.com and Cupcakes Take the Cake.Each week we sit down with our favorite bakers to chat about a new baking topic. The format of our show allows you to ask questions, share recipes and upload photos of your favorite baking creations.
Episode 001: Red Velvet Debate… has the Red Velvet craze gone too far? From Oreos to coffee flavorings, this red velvet revolution seems to be out of control. Join our show to hear learn fun red velvet baking tips and chat about this baking obsession.
WHEN: Sunday, Feb 22
TIME: 5pm EST/2pm PST
- On this page
- On Youtube (subscribe!)
- On G+ (sign up here and you’ll get a reminder when the show goes live!)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
Before the event: Leave a comment or question for our guests on this event page.
Day of chat: Tune in Live! Tweet using #getbaked
Leslie Macchiarella, Founder of Bakethiscake.com
Leslie Macchiarella (“Mock-ee-a-rell’-la”) is a lawyer by day, author of bakethiscake.com at night. She’s a solo mom to 3 college kids, 4 dogs, 3 cats, 2 hens and 5 turtles in a zany but warm and friendly Los Angeles household. She is a proud member of the Culinary Historians of Southern California, the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, Slow Food USA, Los Angeles Food Bloggers (LAFB), and various other organizations that keep her busy in the culinary history arts in her hobby hours. She’s been blogging at bakethiscake.com for about 3 years now in the wee hours of the night, having fun testing historic cake recipes and classic yeasted breads and learning food photography via various learn-by-doing groups such as the “365 Photography Project”. Her passion is to share the joy of exploring amazing historic and vintage cake recipes from the days when baking was a true home art.
Nicole Taylor, Founder of Foodculturist.com
Georgia native Nicole A. Taylor has been an artisan candy maker, an activist, and a social media maven, and currently hosts Hot Grease, a progressive food culture radio program and is the principal of NAT Media. She has contributed to Cherry Bombe, Amtrak, Southern Foodways Alliance, Travel Noire and her recipes are featured on Colorlines, Design*Sponge and in the America I Am: Pass it Down Cookbook and The Way We Ate: 100 Chefs Celebrate a Century at the American Table cookbook. In 2014, Nicole self-published the Modern Travelers’ Green Zine, a publication focused on food + culture in Philadelphia and produced a short documentary on the desegration of an Athens, GA drive-in restaurant.
Nicole is working on a cookbook titled UpSouth to be published by Countryman Press/WW Norton in 2015.
Can’t make the live show?
Our shows are archived here and on our youtube channel: http://youtube.com/bakespacetv
Want to sponsor our show? Email us!
This episode of Kitchenparty is sponsored by http://CookbookCafe.com (the award winning DIY cookbook publisher, marketplace and reader that allows anyone to publish a cookbook as an iPad app and web-based ebook for free and then sell it in our marketplace).
What else is playing on BakeSpaceTV?
KitchenParty Live: “Screen-to-Table” Awards Feb 19th
OUR FULL SHOW SCHEDULE:
- Episode 001: Red Velvet Debate
- Episode 002: Baking with Booze
- Episode 003: Pies
- Episode 004: Gluten-Free Baking (Mar 22)
- Episode 005: Chocolate (Mar 29)
- Episode 006: Cookies Recipes Chat (April 12)
- Episode 007: Creative Baking Chat (April 19)
- Episode 008: Bread & Pizza Dough (April 26) – RSVP on Google+
- Episode 009: Mom’s Favorite Recipes (May 3) – RSVP on Google+
- Episode 010: Paleo Baking (May 17) –RSVP on Google+
- Episode 011: Cupcakes (May 31) –RSVP on Google+
- Episode 012: Vegan (June 7) – RSVP on Google+
- Episode 013: Cake Decorating (June 14) – RSVP on Google+
- Episode 014: Summer Pies (June 28)
- Episode 015: Brownies (July 12)
- Episode 016: Baking Substitutions (July 19)
- Episode 017: Baking Fails (July 26)
- Episode 018: Muffins & Scones (August 2)
- Episode 019: Tarts (August 9)
- Episode 020: Baking with Cannabis (August 16)
- Episode 021: Frostings (August 23)
- Episode 022: Savory Pies (August 30)
- Episode 023: Baking for a Crowd (Potlucks & Parties) (September 13)
- Episode 024: Sugar-Free Baking (September 20)
- Episode 025: Halloween Baking Ideas (September 27)