BakeSpace.com’s TECHmunch | Austin – Food Blogger Workshop
If you’re a food blogger, this intensive one day event will bring you up-to-speed on all the latest tools and tactics for building buzz, improving SEO, growing your audience and making money from your hard work.
The 5-hour intensive workshop will be followed by a networking mixer with more than 40 giveaway prizes including KitchenAid appliances, cookbooks and gourmet chocolate. It will also feature hors d’oeuvres from Chef Shawn Cirkiel (Parkside Restaurant), and each attendee will receive a nifty gift bag.
Special thanks to Natanya Anderson of FeteandFeast.com for co-producing this special event.
Check us out on Austin News 8 – thanks @WebAnna!
Our workshop menu will include:
- Storytelling Keynote – Connecting the Who with the What – by Cathy Brooks, Media Consultant, Founder of Other Than That and Exec Producer/Host of Social Media Hour.
- Making Old Media Work for you with Addie Broyles, food writer for the Austin American-Statesman and Austin360.com and Anna Gonzalez, Sr. Web Producer for News 8 Austin.
- Building Your Personal Brand with Jaden Hair, Founder of SteamyKitchen.com and Food Columnist for the Tampa Tribune.
- Blog SEO Tips with Tony Adam, Director of Search Marketing for BillShrink (formerly with Yahoo! and PayPal), Sean Percival, Director of Content Socialization at MySpace and founder of lalawag.com and John Shiple CTO of Ultralivetv.com. Moderated by Serena Ehrlich, SVP Social Media for Startup Army.
- Making Your Blog “Go Viral” and Building Community with Webby Award winner Ben Huh, Publisher of Icanhazcheezburger.com and Epicute.com
- Selecting Content, Building Buzz & Growing Your Readership with Nichelle Stephens, Co-Founder of Cupcakes Take the Cake, Emily Farris, Author of Casserole Crazy Cookbook and Cathy Erway, Publisher of the Not Eating Out in New York (blog) and The Art of Eating In. Moderated by Jaden Hair of SteamyKitchen.com.
- Monetizing Your Blog via Advertising and Relationships with Food Brands (the publisher’s perspective) with Babette Pepaj, Founder of BakeSpace.com
- Complying with FTC Blogger Regulations with Brian Solis, Principal of FutureWorks and Author of several books including the newly-released Engage! and Sarah Evans, Public Relations/New Media Consultant and President of Sevans Strategy. Moderated by Erik Deutsch, principal of ExcelPR Group.
- Working with Brands fireside chat with Babette Pepaj and Jessica Randazza, Marketing Manager at Digitas (a digital communications agency for KitchenAid USA)
Got a question? You can reach us at: @BakeSpace
Sponsor info: email@example.com.
Coming soon… TECHMunch events in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Tampa, San Francisco, Seattle & Indianapolis… to name a few cities. Sign up for alerts here if you’d like to be notified when TECHmunch will be coming to your area.