Join the biggest names in social media as they share their favorite recipes and help fight homelessness.
BakeSpace and the Cookbook Cafe publishing platform are proud to team up with our friends at InvisiblePeople.tv to create ‘The Social Cookbook’ – the first of its kind cookbook app to help fight homelessness.
‘The Social Cookbook’ features personal recipes from an all-star lineup of social media influencers, from Chris Brogan and Liz Strauss to Brian Solis and Beth Kanter (see complete list of below). Proceeds from the book support the nonprofit InvisiblePeople.tv organization, which was founded in 2008 by Mark Horvath (@hardlynormal) to fight poverty and homelessness using the power of social media.
Contributors and recipes include:
- David Armano’s “Popo Mikey’s Famous Stuffing & Mom’s Turkey Gravy” (@armano)
- Chris Brogan’s “Poor Man’s Shepherd’s Pie” (@chrisbrogan)
- C.C. Chapman’s “Soggy Saturday Wings” (@cc_chapman)
- Claire Diaz-Ortiz’s “Sugar Cookies” (@Claire)
- Sarah Evans’ “Blueberry Whole Wheat Pancakes with Bananas” (@PRsarahevans)
- Jason Falls’ “Potato and Egg Salad” (@jasonfalls)
- Sean Gardner’s “Lasagna” (@2morrowknight)
- Beth Kanter’s “Kachumber Salad” (@kanter)
- Jason Keath’s “Dirty Greek Eggs” (@jasonkeath)
- Shira Lazar’s “Shira’s Social Sangria” (@shiralazar)
- Stefanie Michaels’ “Eggs ala Salsa” (@adventuregirl)
- Amy Neumann’s “Simple Homemade Pickles” (@CharityIdeas)
- Amber Naslund’s “Chicken Tortilla Soup” (@ambercadabra)
- Lee Odden’s “Philly Cheese Steak Rolls” (@leeodden)
- Jeff Pulver’s “Jeff Pulver’s Jackson Hole Shakshuka” (@jeffpulver)
- Peter Shankman’s “Mom’s Calming Noodles and Cheese” (@petershankman)
- Mari Smith’s “Mom’s Scottish Shortbread” (@marismith)
- Brian Solis’ “Tortilla Espanola” (@briansolis)
- Liz Strauss’ “Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich” (@lizstrauss)
‘The Social Cookbook’ costs $2.99 to download, and is available as both an iPad app, and a web-based e-book.
DOWNLOAD THE COOKBOOK ON YOUR IPAD:
- Download Cookbook Cafe in the app store– it’s a cookbook marketplace and reader for all your recipes. You do not need to register for a BakeSpace.com account to access any cookbook in the App.
- Once inside the app, simply search “the social cookbook” on the home screen.
OR DOWNLOAD THE COOKBOOK ON THE WEB:
To purchase the cookbook on the Web, go to The Social Cookbook. If you’re not a member or logged into BakeSpace.com, register for an account or log in. Once logged in, click the green “buy” button on the cookbook page. You will be redirected to paypal for purchase. Once your purchase is complete, you will be redirected to BakeSpace.com.
You’ll find your downloaded cookbooks in My Kitchen > My Downloaded Cookbooks Tab. If you buy through the website first and then access your cookbooks through your iPad, make sure you sync your accounts. Simply click on menu tab at the top of the app’s home screen to see if you’re logged in. If no, log into your BakeSpace.com account. Your cookbooks will then be accessible both online and in your iPad.
Questions, issues with downloading? Contact us! Send a message to Babette[at]BakeSpace[dot]com.