Love is in the air, and there’s no need to rely on Cupid when you’re ready to spice things up in the kitchen.
Here are a few suggestions for whipping up something romantic this Valentine’s Day:
1. Put a passionate twist on basic breakfast by whipping up a batch of heart-shaped buttermilk biscuits. If you want to really impress, you can even shape cheese slices, sausage and eggs with these cutters. If biscuits aren’t your thing, try your hand at cookies, scones or heart-shaped pancakes.
2. Red is the color of love, and thanks to Ina Garten you’ll be collecting kisses of thanks when you present that special someone with theseRed Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. And you don’t have to slave away in the kitchen, because this decadent batter is surprisingly easy to prepare. In mere minutes, you’ll have piping hot festive cupcakes fresh from the oven. Or if you have a little time and want to prepare some homemade red velvet cupcakes, tap into the BakeSpace community for some awesome recipes.
3. It’s true that food made with love tastes better, and now you can measure a tablespoon of sincerity, a dash of kindness and even a pinch of lust in everything you bake with the assistance of these oh so sweet heart-shaped measuring cups. Sugar and flour never had it so good.
4. Traditional chocolates can be ho-hum, so escape those old fashioned boxes and try something new this year. Taza Chocolate offers a decadent edible Valentine for your sweetheart to cherish bite by bite. The Mi Corazón Valentine set includes: one 75% Special Edition Stone Ground Chiapan Dark Chocolate Bar, one 70% Stone Ground Dark Chocolate Bar, and one 80% Stone Ground Dark Chocolate Bar — all wrapped in a bright red ribbon.
5. There are few things more romantic than sharing a bubbling pot of gooey cheese or chocolate with someone special. Fondue is hot hot hot these days and incredibly easy to whip up for a crowd or just two. Some candles, wine and a loaf of good bread, and you’ve created the scene for an undoubtedly epic evening. Need fondue recipes? Check out our collection on BakeSpace!
What are you doing for Valentine’s Day? Share your story or ask for some advice in our comments section below…
Filed in: The Kitchen